SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the Gospel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

And our Father in heaven has revealed this truth to us, by His Holy Spirit. Amen

By all the Love that is God in Christ Jesus and He in us. Phillip

2007/9/23 5:34Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Thomas wrote:

Quote:
the scriptures are all about Him, and this great salvation. In Him we lose ourselves and enter into His perfect rest, where we stop our struggles and working and Jesus Himself becomes our life.

Yes, all the Scriptures are about Him....Listen to what Paul preaches to the Colosians

Col 3:16

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

This is what Christ called Paul to do in his ministry...

Act 26:17 'I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now[fn1] send you,
Act 26:18 'to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.'

The ministry of the Psalmists also points God's way out to those who hear...

Psa 119:1 PSALM 119
BETH
Psa 119:9 How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
Psa 119:10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
Psa 119:11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
Psa 119:12 Blessed are You, O LORD!
Teach me Your statutes.
Psa 119:13 With my lips I have declared
All the judgments of Your mouth.
Psa 119:14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
Psa 119:15 I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.
Psa 119:16 I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.
GIMEL
Psa 119:17 Deal bountifully with Your servant,
That I may live and keep Your word.
Psa 119:18 Open my eyes, that I may see
Wondrous things from Your law.

Here we see in the last verse this man's prayer...Lord, "open my eyes, that I may see Wonderous things from Your law...

Faith finds it source in the word of God speaking to us in a way that delivers us from the grasp of Satan. Those who hear and obey the Spirit of God will be transformed into the image of His Son. For we are Co Heirs with Christ...

One must walk with Christ to be a Co-heir...

God Bless
In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/23 13:46Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Here we see Now: That we be strengtened in the Spirit of the Inner Man which is Christ in you the Hope of Gory. This is Now, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
This is salvation by Grace through Faith.

Ephesians 3:14-21 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Here we see then:

""Here we see in the last verse this man's prayer...Lord, "open my eyes, that I may see Wonderous things from Your law...""

This is salvation by the Law? Psa 119:17 Deal bountifully with Your servant,
That I may live and keep Your word.
Psa 119:18 Open my eyes, that I may see
Wondrous things from Your law.

Old Law, earthly, New Grace, Heavenly.

This is where we live and move and have our being, that is Christ in you the hope of Glory.

Eph 1:3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places],

Eph 2:6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly [places] might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

No heavenly places in Christ Jesus in the old testament earthly sacrifice and Law.

But, heavenly works are this: Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

Presenting your bodies, the living sacrifice of self to allow the Christ that is in us to do the works greater than Jesus of Nazareth. For we no Him no longer in the Flesh, but the Spirit.

2Cr 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.

We only know Him by His Spirit that birthed in us.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

And, His Prayer has also sent us the Holy Spirit Teacher of Heavenly things, that is Christ.

Jhn 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

2007/9/23 16:35Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Here we see Now: That we be strengtened in the Spirit of the Inner Man which is Christ in you the Hope of Gory. This is Now, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Psalm 119:

45 And I will walk at liberty,
For I seek Your precepts.
46 I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings,
And will not be ashamed.
47 And I will delight myself in Your commandments,
Which I love.
48 My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments,
Which I love,
And I will meditate on Your statutes.
49 Remember the word to Your servant,
Upon which You have caused me to hope.
50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
For Your word has given me life.

What does the Psalmist mean by "walk in liberty," and what has the word of God given him when he declares "life?"

Quote:
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

The Scripture here says that the glory of the church by Christ Jesus spans "all ages."

Quote:
Old earthly, New Heavenly.

Job 36

5 “Behold, God is mighty, but despises no one;
He is mighty in strength of understanding.
6 He does not preserve the life of the wicked,
But gives justice to the oppressed.
7 He does not withdraw His eyes from the righteous;
But they are on the throne with kings,
For He has seated them forever,
And they are exalted.

In the oldest book of the Bible we find that God exalts the righteous, whom God has seated on thrones with kings forever...

Brother Phillip do you believe Scripture when it says that God exaults the righteous of the OT?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/24 1:08Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
This is Now, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Is not this love, and it's breadth, and length, and depth and height...also found in the OT church?

Have you ever considered the love story given to us in the OT....

Song of songs....

About this book Matthew Henry writes as an introduction...here is part of what he writes...

This song might easily be taken in a spiritual sense by the Jewish church, for whose use it was first composed, and was so taken, as appears by the Chaldee-Paraphrase and the most ancient Jewish expositors. God betrothed the people of Israel to himself; he entered into covenant with them, and it was a marriage-covenant. He had given abundant proofs of his love to them, and required of them that they should love him with all their heart and soul. Idolatry was often spoken of as spiritual adultery, and doting upon idols, to prevent which this song was penned, representing the complacency which God took in Israel and which Israel ought to take in God, and encouraging them to continue faithful to him, though he might seem sometimes to withdraw and hide himself from them, and to wait for the further manifestation of himself in the promised Messiah. 2. It may more easily be taken in a spiritual sense by the Christian church, because the condescensions and communications of divine love appear more rich and free under the gospel than they did under the law, and the communion between heaven and earth more familiar. God sometimes spoke of himself as the husband of the Jewish church (Isa. 64:5, Hos. 2:16, 19), and rejoiced in it as his bride, Isa. 62:4, 5. But more frequently is Christ represented as the bridegroom of his church (Mt. 25:1; Rom. 7:4; 2 Co. 11:2; Eph. 5:32), and the church as the bride, the Lamb’s wife, Rev. 19:7; 21:2, 9. Pursuant to this metaphor Christ and the church in general, Christ and particular believers, are here discoursing with abundance of mutual esteem and endearment. The best key to this book is the 45th Psalm, which we find applied to Christ in the New Testament, and therefore this ought to be so too. It requires some pains to find out what may, probably, be the meaning of the Holy Spirit in the several parts of this book; as David’s songs are many of them level to the capacity of the meanest, and there are shallows in them learned, and there are depths in it in which an elephant may swim. But, when the meaning is found out, it will be of admirable use to excite pious and devout affections in us; and the same truths which are plainly laid down in other scriptures when they are extracted out of this come to the soul with a more pleasing power. When we apply ourselves to the study of this book we must not only, with Moses and Joshua, put off our shoe from off our foot, and even forget that we have bodies, because the place where we stand is holy ground, but we must, with John, come up hither, must spread our wings, take a noble flight, and soar upwards, till by faith and holy love we enter into the holiest, for this is no other than the house of God and this is the gate of heaven."

What about the love of God for the saints of the OT? What kind of love is it?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/24 1:33Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

Psalm 119:

45 And I will walk at liberty,
For I seek Your precepts.
46 I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings,
And will not be ashamed.
47 And I will delight myself in Your commandments,
Which I love.
48 My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments,
Which I love,
And I will meditate on Your statutes.
49 Remember the word to Your servant,
Upon which You have caused me to hope.
50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
For Your word has given me life.

What does the Psalmist mean by "walk in liberty," and what has the word of God given him when he declares "life

This is Law that leads to Life and liberty.
This is not the life of Christ in you that is Life of Liberty.

Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

You cannot be a son unless birthed by a Father.
Birthing only began after the Cross. Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

2Cr 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.

The Spirit of Christ birthed in you. "He who has not the Spirit of Christ is non of His"

Gal 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

This was the spy bus from Jerusalem, to bring them back into bondage to the Law.

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Works, yes, but the works of Christ in you.

Jam 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Christ is that perfect Law that we continue in, these works will be blessed, for they are greater that Law works.

Jhn 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and He will shew Him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Jhn 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Put these two together and see the works we will do by the Christ in us. Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

There is a prerequisit to this phrase: Quote: Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen

Ephesians 3:16-21 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

That prerequisit is Christ in you.

reaching for straws?

In Christ: Phillip

2007/9/24 1:44Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

In the oldest book of the Bible we find that God exalts the righteous, whom God has seated on thrones with kings forever...

Brother Phillip do you believe Scripture when it says that God exaults the righteous of the OT?

Yes, by the mercy of God and them keeping the Law, His remnant he has saved for Himself of Israel and before but not since. That is by Grace through the Faith of Jesus Christ that is birthed in us.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/9/24 1:52Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Yes, by the mercy of God and them keeping the Law, His remnant he has saved for Himself of Israel

According to Scripture no one is made righteous by keeping the law of Moses...we are told in Scripture that the law of Moses condemns.

What law then enables the OT saints to overcome the law of Moses which only condemns?

Psalm 119

Psa. 119:1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way,
Who walk in the law of the LORD!
2 Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,
Who seek Him with the whole heart!
3 They also do no iniquity;
They walk in His ways.

What law does this for the OT saint?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/24 2:23Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Psalms 119:1 ALEPH. Blessed

2007/9/24 14:08Profile
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re:

The old testament saints, were declared righteous by faith just as we are, but their hope was in the promise to come, Jesus, the first promise given was right after the fall, gen 3:15. Adam had his faith in the promised deliver. We have the sure hope , the finished work, Jesus Christ and him crucified, raised, and alive forever more.

Rev 1:8 He says "I am the alpha and the Omega, who is and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty"
Again he says Rev 1:18 " I am the living one; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades. "

The O.T saints received the promise when Jesus, ever the regions of death and lead captivity the the heavenlies.

love tom

2007/9/24 22:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy