SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Marriage, Divorce, and ReMarriage.. Toward a Biblical Perspective

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

2006/6/4 2:56Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Act 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:

2006/6/4 2:58Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Rom 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2006/6/4 3:00Profile

Re: Marriage, Divorce, ReMarriage - towards a biblical perspective

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for these clearly-presented verses.

Hi Cindy,

I have begun to gather together what I want to say about whoredom in answer to your question, and realise it will run to several posts. It would be unreasonable to propose to suspend the rest of the thread's discussion until I'm ready, or even, until it's been completely posted. Perhaps I will use a coloured font, to make them easier to find retrospectively.

Meanwhile, I would still like to hear your reply to this, please - and thank you.

Quote:
Hope is there.

Are you saying there is now no punishment?

How does this work in practice for the believer, [b]as you see it[/b]?

2006/6/4 4:11
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Galatians 5:13-26 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

2006/6/5 2:59Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
I would still like to hear your reply to this, please.

Dorcas,

There are MANY things I am waiting on you to respond to. Can we go back and focus on them instead of continually going on with other issues?

Scroggins/Dorcas: I think we can agree that "judgment" does start in the house of God and we can also agree that chastisement is something the believer WILL experience when walking in opposition to the Lord's will----as a matter of fact, we(whoever belongs to the Lord) are promised it as evidence of His love. If one is in sin and NOT being chastised, one has to wonder if they even belong to the Lord.

In any case Scroggins, I think you entirely missed the point of my post. There IS a difference in OT metings out of punishment and the way Jesus dealt with the very same sins. Do you not agree? Blessings in Him, Cindy

2006/6/5 9:36Profile

Dear Cindy,

It appears you don't know where I'm going with my responses, or where I'm coming from either. I think that may mean I have something to say which you may not have 'heard' before.... (You can tell me after. :-) )

Precisely because of this, I have asked how you define the way Jesus dealt with sin(s) - not seeking a deeply theological answer - just the practical application as you understand it.

I am not discounting the 'time for repentance' which you mentioned regarding your understanding of John 8. Because it is not mentioned in John 8, and there is other scripture which is similar (I'm sure you know), I would give a different answer to my question, than so far, you have.

Still, I hope you can answer my question on

Quote:
There IS a difference in OT metings out of punishment and the way Jesus dealt with the very same sins.

while I'm gathering my response on whoredom. The more I looked at the verses I might use, the more I realised I need to do some weeding, to make a clear-enough presentation to engage with the rest of my thesis.

I'm not sure why my question on the way Jesus dealt with sins, appears to pose you a difficulty.

2006/6/5 10:17
ANewInHim

Re:

Precisely because of this, I have asked how you define the way Jesus dealt with sin(s) - not seeking a deeply theological answer - just the practical application as you understand it.

Dorcas,

I've ponder this for awhile now, and what keeps coming to mind is this.

When the women was caught in Adultery what did Jesus do. He stooped down and wrote on the ground, and then he spoke. Awesome

He who has no sin let him throw the first stone.

2006/6/5 11:07Profile

Quote:
There are MANY things I am waiting on you to respond to. Can we go back and focus on them instead of [b]continually going on with other issues[/b]?

Sorry I didn't answer this question in my earlier post.

You may remember that you brought up first, the matter of how Jesus dealt with sins and I am merely asking for clarification.

The reason I'm asking, is that you [b]extrapolated[/b] a scenario from the text of John 8, about Jesus 'giving time for repentance' (to the woman caught in adultery), and that is not indicated AT ALL by John's account.

That's why I am still keen to hear your understanding of 'the way Jesus dealt with the very same sins'....

Is there a reason you cannot explain your understanding to me?

2006/6/5 11:44

Hello ANewInHim,

Thank you for posting.... I know there are a lot of people reading this thread, and that's another reason Cindy's answer might be helpful.

2006/6/5 11:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy