SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Marriage, Divorce, and ReMarriage.. Toward a Biblical Perspective

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
PosterThread
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
SIN IS SIN... does anyone here think that GOD sees the difference in SIN that we do?

Not me, Scroggins. That is the very reason why I have trouble agreeing or seeing in scripture where God allows divorce and a subsequent remarriage due to a particular "kind" of sin. ALL sins can be repented of......Nothing is too difficult for the Lord for them who believe. Blessings in Him, Cindy

2006/6/1 15:58Profile

Re:

Quote:

lastblast wrote:
Quote:
I don't think these roots and connections can be ignored, when trying to understand why Jesus made an exception of whoredom as a reason for permitting remarriage.

Please define "whoredom", Dorcas.

Within the exceptoin clause whoredom, at the very least, means ANY sexual sin...defiling of the marriage bed....

it really isnt that hard to grasp, honestly.

2006/6/1 17:35

Re:

Quote:

lastblast wrote:
Quote:
SIN IS SIN... does anyone here think that GOD sees the difference in SIN that we do?

Not me, Scroggins. That is the very reason why I have trouble agreeing or seeing in scripture where God allows divorce and a subsequent remarriage due to a particular "kind" of sin. [b]ALL sins can be repented of[/b]......Nothing is too difficult for the Lord for them who believe. Blessings in Him, Cindy

ALL sin can be repented of, cindy?

are you sure about that?

I seem to remember our Lord stating that blasphemy wasnt forgivable (Mat 12:32)

Are you sure youre talking about the same God and bible we are?

I also remember passages in Hebrews showing men apostating themselves from the faith and it being shown that there is no 'sacrifice remaining' for these.

You DO comprehend that 'apostacy' and 'adultery' are the same, correct?

[b]
Adulteress
G3428
μοιχαλίς
moichalis
Thayer Definition:
1) an adulteress
2) [color=0033CC]as the intimate alliance of God with the people of Israel was likened to a marriage, those who relapse into idolatry are said to commit adultery or play the harlot.[/color]
2a) fig. equiv. to faithless to God, unclean, [color=CC3333]apostate[/color][/b]

God ended a covenant He made over this sin.
This Jewish "remnant" will not come thru that covenant put away, but only thru this new bride or they will not come at all.

And what if the adulteress doesnt want to repent?
Does God offer forgiveness and salvation to those who dont WANT to repent and never do?

are you teaching Universalism?

2006/6/1 17:42

Re: Marriage, Divorce, and ReMarriage.. Toward a Biblical Perspective

Hi FOC,

Thanks for these links. I will be checking them out tomorrow when I have time.

Hi Cindy,

I get your question about whoredom and will answer tomorrow.

Please don't forget about this one from p33
You said

Quote:
This passage is very important in that it shows a CHANGE in meting out punishment for sin.

I said
Quote:
This is what I was getting at...

How would you define the 'meting out punishment' now?.

Thanks.

2006/6/1 18:15
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
This is what I was getting at... How would you define the 'meting out punishment' now?.

In the OT---adultery, homosexuality, consensual relations with another during betrothal=death penalty (no chance for a new life/repentance from old life)

NT----adultery, homosexuality, consensual relations before marriage=time for repentance/Grace, not instant death.........life/time is given instead to "turn around/away from" one's sins. Hope is there.

Blessings in Him, Cindy

2006/6/2 10:06Profile

Re: Marriage, Divorce, ReMarriage - towards a biblical perspective

Quote:
Hope is there.

Are you saying there is now no punishment?

How does this work in practice for the believer?

2006/6/2 12:43
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Quote:
In the OT---adultery, homosexuality, consensual relations with another during betrothal=death penalty (no chance for a new life/repentance from old life)

NT----adultery, homosexuality, consensual relations before marriage=time for repentance/Grace, not instant death.........life/time is given instead to "turn around/away from" one's sins. Hope is there.

OT = adultery, homosexuality, consensual relations with another = death penalty

Adultery, homosexuality, consenual relations with another, are all capable not only in marriage, but outside of marriage as well. Meaning that this is not limited to be only during the betrothal period, or even while married. SIN IS SIN. SIN makes no difference in time nor circumstance. SIN IS DEATH.

Is SIN any less tomorrow as it is today? NO

Does SIN have circumstance? NO

When is murder not murder when even ill thought towards a man is murder? IT IS ALWAYS MURDER

THE ACT OF SIN MATTERS NOT! IF YOU SIN IN HEART OR MIND, YOU ARE A SINNER IN DEED IN THE EYES OF THE RIGHTEOUS LORD!!!

DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY MAN WHO SAYS OTHERWISE BECAUSE HE SPEAKS NOT OF THE HEART OF GOD BUT OF INIQUITY!

NT = adultery, homosexuality, consensual relations before marriage / during marriage = no time to repent, but rather the option to repent and turn to grace.

GOD NEVER PROMISED ANYONE ALIVE ANOTHER DAY, HOUR OR MINUTE!

We do not live on our time. We have no time on this earth. The time is all lended time, the Lord's time only. Therefore what says that you will live so long as to repent?

If you sin, you MUST repent! What says death does not come on the way home or in the next second.

Can you say to any man that you will see the light of the next day? NO.

THERE IS NO TIME FOR YOU...

2006/6/2 13:09Profile

Re:

Quote:

lastblast wrote:
Quote:
This is what I was getting at... How would you define the 'meting out punishment' now?.

Blessings in Him, Cindy

apparently Jesus doesnt agree with your ideas cindy....HE is the one who has said 'except for whoredom'

Does "except for..." make this supposed claim of hope you state?

Why didnt Jesus simply tell this man to 'hope' instead of offering an exception for whoredom?

Why didnt God simply 'hope' instead of ending the covenant He made with the Hebrew nation?

His exception is in perfect alignment with this very same God who ended a covenant for adultery.

2006/6/2 16:10

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:
Quote:
Hope is there.

How does this work in practice for the believer?

It doesnt work unless one is a closet universalist.

Or if ones theology is so skewed/distorted that one actually believes God must obey the law of marriage He created for man in that this person beleives GOD must accept/validate a second marriage because the person in this second marriage has ruthlessly butchered their ex, supposedly freeing them to be REmarried :rolleyes:

http://www.geocities.com/divorceandremarriage/lastblast.html

Legalism...nothing more

2006/6/2 16:14

Re: Marriage, Divorce, ReMarriage - towards a biblical perspective

Hi Cindy,

I would still like to hear your reply to this, please.

Quote:
Hope is there.

How does this work in practice for the believer, [b]as you see it[/b]?

EDIT: had a lot of trouble with my internet connection today. Will answer your question about whoredom when I can.

2006/6/2 17:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy