SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why is this a true statement, though not literally found in the Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

Ormly wrote: None of which would have been necessary if Adam had not transgressed and had progressed in becoming what God had intended, i.e., perfection out of innocence instead of perfection out of a new born life, which is now the only way it can be accomplished. Think about that part of it.

Why me wrote: I tend to think that God intended the cross to happen and that was the reason the fall was allowed. The cross was God's original plan and purpose. It was not a reaction by God to something unintended.

Ephesians 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Both before and now. Christ was predestined to be in the believer after the cross. No adoption of children by Jesus Christ before the cross.
This to the good pleasure of Gods will. As He knew, as He wants, as He chose, as He is in His own will, for His good pleasure.

In Christ, chose before the foundation of the world. Adam was created to be in Christ, and could not be simply by choosing the tree of life, then he would still only be a created being and live forever. This is the Mystery, Christ in you the Hope of glory.

Colossians 1:26-28 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

These are son's of God and could not be before the Cross.

Yes things would have been different if Adam and Eve had not transgressed. But they did and God already had His Plan to take care of that transgressing, The Cross and predestined to be in Christ to bring His own birthed son's to His House, by the adoption of Jesus Christ to Himself.

In Christ a son of God: Phillip

2007/8/31 18:05Profile

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
Quote:

One more time: Only becasue Adam failed.

2007/8/31 18:23

Re:

Quote:
That's easy, though impossible to work out; requiring the new birth and Pentecost for success. What He wants is for you to become a son, with His Character well expressed by you.

I wasn't asking to get an answer, I was making a statement. Sorry for not being clear.

2007/8/31 19:33

Re:

I understand, howver, try this out by Chambers:

After obedience—what?

And straightway He constrained His disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side. . . . Mark 6:45-52.

We are apt to imagine that if Jesus Christ constrains us, and we obey Him, He will lead us to great success. We must never put our dreams of success as God’s purpose for us; His purpose may be exactly the opposite. We have an idea that God is leading us to a particular end, a desired goal; He is not. The question of getting to a particular end is a mere incident. What we call the process, God calls the end.
What is my dream of God’s purpose? His purpose is that I depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay in the middle of the turmoil calm and unperplexed, that is the end of the purpose of God. God is not working towards a particular finish; His end is the process—that I see Him walking on the waves, no shore in sight, no success, no goal, just the absolute certainty that it is all right because I see Him walking on the sea. It is the process, not the end, which is glorifying to God.
God’s training is for now, not presently. His purpose is for this minute, not for something in the future. We have nothing to do with the afterwards of obedience; we get wrong when we think of the afterwards. What men call training and preparation, God calls the end.
God’s end is to enable me to see that He can walk on the chaos of my life just now. If we have a further end in view, we do not pay sufficient attention to the immediate present; but if we realize that obedience is the end, then each moment as it comes is precious.

Chambers, O. 1993, c1935. My utmost for his highest : Selections for the year . Discovery House Publishers: Grand Rapids, MI

2007/8/31 19:50
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christinyou wrote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ormly wrote:
One more time: Only becasue Adam failed.

Where would Adam have been born again? How could he have seen the things of the kingdom of God?

John 3:2-7 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

By choosing the tree of Life would he have been born of spirit and the water of the Word?

What was the tree of life? Why did God put Adam out of the Garden? "So he would not live forever" as a sinner. Giving him a chance at the Judgement. We are already Judged and will receive our rewards at "The Judgement Seat of Christ.

Adam was flesh not spirit. There is only one way He could become spirit, either believe God or Satan. Making Adam's spirit the spirit of his chosen father Satan. The reason and need for rebirth, with Christ as Spirit.

No man could have done any better than Adam. So Adam's failure is academic.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/8/31 20:33Profile

Re:

Words fail me, Phillip

2007/8/31 20:38
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Dense enough to know that God was in charge of Adam also in His plan to put Christ in His Children.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/8/31 22:57Profile

Re:

Adam was created to become, Lord Adam. He failed the test. Learn that and you will understand why Jesus is called the second Adam or last Adam.

2007/8/31 23:35
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What would have Adam been if he passed the test?

How?

When?

Where?

2007/9/1 0:59Profile

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
What would have Adam been if he passed the test?

How?

When?

Where?

He would have, by a series of moral choices, arrived at his own transguration.... just like the man Jesus. That was the ultimate intention for him by God. Adam failed the first test given him.

Hey, I am not writing all this out again. Go back and read what you need to read.

2007/9/1 1:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy