SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "Do you sin?"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

brother nile,

dear brother, i appreciate your desire to serve God and your wholehearted commitment to Him. like yourself, i am a younger believer in the Lord. i have only been a disciple of Christ for 8 years. how long have you been a disciple of Christ??

i think the reason why some of us wrote what we wrote to you was because some of us have been down this road that you are talking about. i personally have walked the hard road of feeling like if i sinned, i lost my salvation and that i would have to repent and then God would come back into my heart until the next sin. but you know what?? God showed me that i am His son and that He has planted His Seed within me and hebrews 13 shows us that God will discipline and strive with His children because we are His.

i wholeheartedly agree that we should not willfully sin. amen to that. but if you continue this line of thinking, you will find out that this stupid thing called the flesh will continually gnaw at you and sometimes you will give in to it. you shouldn't, but it happens to us (a bad temper, gossip, lust, focusing earthly more than heavenly, etc). it happens to all of us, but it doesn't excuse it, ya know?? i think that is what many of us are trying to say. we sin, we shouldn't, but we do. but it does not and should not be a lifestyle of sin. if it is, then we need to repent and actually turn from our sin.

but if you think that you lose your salvation at every sin, then you are in for a long, hard road that will be very burdensome and weary. once again for the hundreth time, that is not a license to sin (God forbid). i think that you have correctly identified that we should not sin, but i think you have not truly seen the struggles of a believer in dealing with the flesh, the lusts of the world and the law. this is merely my opinion of what i believe that i see regarding your posts, i would just ask you to please keep this in mind and prayer while reading the scriptures.. love you man.

2007/8/30 13:17Profile

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
Why would you willfully do that?

Do you mean that the thought comes into your mind when a women passes by and you rebuke it and call on Christ to cleanse your mind and conscience

or

you entertain the thought that comes into your mind and indulge in it rather then rebuke it even though you know it is sin, from hte enemy, and offensive to God.

In Christ, Jim

I mean entertaining the thought once it has entered your mind.

The first option wouldn't be lust. You can't 'accidentally' or involuntarily commit lust.

Have you lusted at least once since you became a Christian?

2007/8/30 13:44

Re:

Quote:

Yes... then I went through a time of what you would call personal revival and the Lord granted me victory, where I now hate even the notion of lusting. This came through having faith that the reason the Son of God was mainfest was to destroy the devils work and getting a good healthy fear of God that He would cut me off from His Spirit if I continued committing adultery in my thought life.

Christ purchased for us a MIGHTY victory, let us set aside any idea of defeat and violently press into the kingdom of God.

In Him - Jim

2007/8/30 14:00

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
Quote:

Yes... then I went through a time of what you would call personal revival and the Lord granted me victory, where I now hate even the notion of lusting. This came through having faith that the reason the Son of God was mainfest was to destroy the devils work and getting a good healthy fear of God that He would cut me off from His Spirit if I continued committing adultery in my thought life.

Christ purchased for us a MIGHTY victory, let us set aside any idea of defeat and violently press into the kingdom of God.

In Him - Jim

So you now no longer lust?

2007/8/30 14:07
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Lkid,

You are wrong. His view has much more hope than yours does. He can please God through the grace given to him, while others believe they can never please God. His view has hope because his life is not a spit in the eye of God, but a redeemable life, a life of victory in the Holy Spirit.
God has said in His word over... and over... and over... and over again that His commands are not grievous, His burdens are not light, that you can perform what He has asked you to do (in Christ Jesus is ALL pertaining to LIFE and GODLINESS... unless you get your holiness from a different well- there is an EVERLASTING supply).
Why do you prefer the devil's yoke of sin to God's yoke of love?
Love the Lord Your God with all your heart, and all your strength, and all your mind.
I doubt that ANY of us have striven to blood against our sin!! How dare we say His grace isn't enough when we haven't even TRIED the narrow road which few find and travel?
The person who walks the "Highway of Holiness" though a fool shall not go astray. But it is not for the unclean, but the clean.
Trust Jesus!

2007/8/30 14:13Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

I loved it. Well said. And by the way, brother, there is a mistake in what you wrote.
" His burdens are NOT light". :-) Just somthing, nevermind.

2007/8/30 14:26Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Yesterday I fell on my face three times that I know of... and by this, I mean I can identify them as sin.

1. I was lazy at work and in studying for GRE.

2. A homeless woman came up to me and asked me for directions to a church she was looking for where she and her children could stay... instead of walking with her I just pointed her in the direction of the church, or where I thought it was and then got into my car and drove away. Might has well have been the road to Jericho.

3. Had an argument with my room mate about the fact that I wasn't consistent in locking the front door, or cleaning out 'all' of the lint in the dryer, and the location of the garbage can in the bathroom. I called my room mate paranoid and neurotic... I was wrong, I was immature and not Christlike -I didn't apologize until thismorning (so much for going to your brother before you sleep).

Hopefully I'll do better today.

2007/8/30 14:31Profile

Re:

Quote:

" His burdens are NOT light". :-) Just somthing, nevermind.

Never mind? Are you sure about that?

2007/8/30 14:33

Re:

Given enough time on this forum, just about all of us have come close to losing our salvation at one time or another! lol

(note the tongue planted firmly in cheek)

Krispy

2007/8/30 14:43
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19187&forum=34]some meditation........[/url]

2007/8/30 14:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy