SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Could a born again Christian Commit Suicide?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I was touched by your testimony and it is amazing where you've brought yourself despite all that you had been through.

He_ Reigns, That wasn't the response I was looking for, as I haven't brought myself anywhere but to the foot of the CROSS.

To God be the Glory!! and NOTHING but NOTHING is too hard or difficult for our Mighty God and Savior. NOTHING!

HERE IS:

The Good News of Salvation -the prophecy of the Coming Lord and Savior.......
Isaiah 61

1 “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me,
Because the LORD has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,

Luke 4:17-19
17And there was delivered unto him( Jesus) the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners;

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

2 Corinthians 4:5
For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

For the ****preaching of the CROSS**** is to them that parish foolishness, but to usward who are saved IT IS THE POWER OF GOD!

With Love in Christ Jesus
Katy-Did

2007/9/5 19:50

Re:

Katy-did, I don't mind saying thank you serveral times to anyone that brings the message of Life to the broken hearted and points them to Jesus Who sets the 'captive' free.

My post read:

Quote:
Katy-did, Thank you for your posts. I was touched by your testimony and it is amazing where you've brought yourself despite all that you had been through. That is a testimony of victory and I and many others here, I'm sure, could give stories of broken homes and heart-aches, yet Jesus saved not only our souls but our minds.

You've added a lot to this thread and brought in other angles of these last days that will affect us all in one way or another.

If I may quote just a section this time:
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

Thank you for your sensitivity toward all souls.

Yes, by freewill you brought yourself to the Cross instead of to the grave.
That is the victory we pray and hope for everyone.

Thank you again.

2007/9/5 21:22
reformer

Re:

what a tough question, very complex issue. One must be sympathetic to the loved one who lost someone to suicide. The last thing they want to hear is condemning answer. I think the first thing is move this experience to the loved one of the deceased to spiritual things, see about there faith. Use this as a way to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. But, then that could raise the question and possibly will open the door to whether or not this person is in hell or heaven. very tough. Sadly they can't do anything about this person, it is to late! but the other person or family member is still here. And their external state is at stake. The enemy will use this event against them, to say how can a loving God allow this to happen. Ten out of ten people will die, this must be stressed to everyone and also the family of the deceased.

2007/9/5 22:13Profile

Re:

Good post reformer. Have had the thought of those "left behind" deep in my heart since first seeing this thread.
Yes, what you've shared is the best course of action for the Surviving "victims" - those who are left behind to suffer through all the "what ifs" and the thousand other tormenting questions that could potentially plague those who had a loved one or even just an acquaintance, who took their own life.
The depth of pain that may never fully leave those victims that are left behind that may be haunted with memories and dreams and tears is something we all should keep in mind.
These may be the ones we need to focus on, so that those who may read what we've written, would think again before causing this extreme pain to anyone who they will be leaving behind after they kill themselves.
The statistics were posted a few times on this thread and that alone shows us that young and old alike are not receiving the appropriate answers. And "we" are the only ones who hold the Words of The Creator in our hands.

Yes, the best ministry that they could use this tragedy for - is to do all within their power to prevent another soul from suicide, so that another bunch of victims are not suffering the same grief that they have gone through, because of a lost loved one to this final act.

Every post I've done was with this very much and forefront in my mind. The pain and questions that this act leaves the family and friends and even acquaintances with.

Preaching Love and Hope in Christ should be our ministry to heal the broken hearted and set the captives free.
To speak all that leads to life and pray that our words may touch anyone that is contemplating the thought of ending their own life - that affects many more people than we may know until we see Him.

2007/9/5 23:27
dohzman

The valley of despair

I think Bunyon (pilgrams progress) had it right when he depicted ole' christian stuck in the giant despairs prison all defeated and downcast daily being beaten by that gaint, until his companion Hope reminded him of the key ---promise---he had hanging around his neck which could unlock that prison door. Most peole have never experienced what has been termed the dark night of the soul, but it is real and some never come through it. Maybe the church and pulpit isn't where it needs to be to help such people. The bigger question one should ask is where does the church go from such an experience without opening the door for those who may be in the depths of depression. And while I have some insights on this topic I will only say that death is wrong, it is the last enemy of God to be destroyed. I see death as a real Person, if you will accept that. One to be battled against, for the saint who has Jesus in thier hearts, we wait No death, only sleep, where we awake to life eternal where all things have been made right. To such as would contemplate suicide I can only encourage you just as John the Baptist did, "Behold the Lamb of God". The rest will take care of it self.

2007/9/5 23:28Profile

Re: The valley of despair

Dohzman:

I loved your reply.
Our life In Christ is a journey that only BEGINS at the Cross.

I love David's words when he said,
though I make my bed in hell, YOU ARE THERE, and though I am on the top of a mountain...YOU ARE THERE.

Through our dark moments of trials and tribulations, we learn to walk by faith and not sight Our journey appears to begins downward, but the end result is standing on top of Mt Sion, Victorious.

The problem with what is being preached today, prosperity etc, is the complete opposite of our True LIVING walk with the Lord.

Yea, though I walk walk through the valley of the shaddow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou are with me...Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.

We're all( Born Again Christians)brought through that valley. This is a truth that must be preached.

With Love in Christ Jesus
Katy-did

PS: .( Added/ Edited for Content) We also learn not to walk by our emotions. Emotions are deceiving, and can be deadly. Fear is the most horrible emotion, but we have not been given a spirit of fear, but of Peace, Love and a sound mind. Perfect LOVE cast out fear, and we are being Perfected in God's Love. 1st John. To a Christian, The fear of the Lord is a wonderful thing, not to be feared. The fear of the Lord is the beginning od wisdom.

Don't live by emotions, circumstances, and most of all...never, never , never ,never look back...always look ahead, keeping your eyes on Jesus.( Philippians 3) He knows where He is taking you..even if you don't. One morning you will wake up and see a tiny light at the end of a tunnel, and say...WOW, I'm beginning to understand. He gives us those little glimpses of Heaven and Glory. ( 1 Corinthians 2)

Those who want to get nuked through some fast food drive through have no idea what you are being cheated out of. We thing everything is to be microwaved in an instant, or a 40 day purpose that leaves you(forgetting in 40 days as well) in the end with no purpose at all.

Your life in Christ can't come through Marketing schemes, Juiced in a blender, or getting slain in the Spirit. It comes through a totally surrendered life. Life comes out of death...that is why it's called Resurrection Life.

Hebrews 13:20&21
A Covenant Promise!

2007/9/6 12:10

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy