SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Kenneth Hagin and the Laughing Revival.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I can entirely answer about what happened to Job. We do however know, that God had to give power to Satan to allow those things to be taken from Job. We know that Satan was allowed to destroy his life to a certain point. However would not allow him to be killed. And we do know, that Job repented of his Words against God, he repented for having doubt in him. And we know that in the end, JOb was stronger, and better off than he was to start with. God blessed him , perhaps that was God's way of making Job's faith grow, so he could recive more. God does not allow trials that he knows we will fail, he allows trials that will strengthen our faith.

As for the scripture in Timothy, if we read in context the entire Chapter, we see Paul directing Timothy how to help people, laying on of hands, etc. So we can also take the 23rd verse and say that he is showing him, using the wine for medicinal purposes does not interfere with purity. Seeing as how he was talking about not hastily laying hands on a man before. We know that we have to allow some to use medicines, because they will refuse the laying on of hands. And lets say that we are saying this scripture, is intrsuction for Tinothy. We know that the emeny wants to make every Christian sick, and poor, and just pull them away from God as best he can. It is reasonable to think that Timothy was attacked by a stomach problem on several occasions. And his faith and prayer to God would cause that pain to go away, could go away for months, weeks, days, or even years. But The enemy attacks him again in the same place, to make him think, something major is wrong. So Paul is encouraging him, saying basically, Just dont drink water all the time, drink a little wine, it is a naturaly healthy thing for the body. Just because God can heal us, doens't mean I need to sit around and smoke, and hurt myself. The same way Paul is saying, all that water, isn't what the body needs, God made it differently.

As for Paul the Apostle, we know that he describes the vision, then he says there was given a thorn in his side, a messenger of Satan to beat him. We also know that Jesus said his Mercy is sufficient, AND we also know that Paul was happy that he had to endure that, it was something he was glad had happend to him, because it showed him that no matter what came against him, God was bigger, and that was all he needed. It wasn't done just to hurt him, God only made Paul stronger. We know that with every test and trial that comes up, God has already made a plan of escape. So yes, we may be tested, yes we might have a stomach pain, or any other sickness come upon us, however we also know, That God has already seen that would happen, and before the foundation of the World, he planned our escape, so that we do not have to continue in that.

So we know that its God's will that EVERYONE recieves healing. Or else he never would have put his Son Jesus on the Cross for us.

Mitch

2004/7/5 11:23

Re:

Maybe you need to look up what the word 'greed' means. Because I can assure you, taking something that is GIVEN to you, is not Greed. Its just recieving a gift. God has given us the gift of salvation, its just as easy to heal us, as it is to save us. To say that taking your healing or prosperity is greed, then you are saying being saved makes you greedy.

2004/7/5 11:29

Re:

Quote:
I know where you are coming from brother because I have been there. It is quite normal to defend those that you may have learned under and often very difficult to hear what others are attempting to say not because they have a particular agenda but they too love the truth and want to be of some help.

Again I will say, I am not defending Hagin entirely. I am defending God, because you are calling his Words false.

Mitch

2004/7/5 11:30
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hmmm,

Quote:
Again I will say, I am not defending Hagin entirely. I am defending God, because you are calling his Words false.

Where did you get that idea?
Secondly did you watch the video?

2004/7/5 11:32Profile

Re:

Quote:
Are you also trying to say that Jesus died so we could be healthy and wealthy?

I dont have to say Jesus died for those things, the bible Cleary says so.

Isaiah 53:5
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed

We also know that God promised Abraham he would bless him, he would make him exceedingly prosporous. And we also know that 'If ye be Christs, then are ye Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise'

So yes, I can easily say, in the name of Jesus, we are to be healthy, and prosperous. God doesn't want us to wallow in self pity, and be poor and sick. He loves us like we all love our own children.

2004/7/5 11:35
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Why did you back off from communicating when we began to quote Hagin on the matter of faith in Faith vs. biblical faith?

A matter to hot or difficult?

2004/7/5 11:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Maybe you need to look up what the word 'greed' means. Because I can assure you, taking something that is GIVEN to you, is not Greed. Its just recieving a gift. God has given us the gift of salvation, its just as easy to heal us, as it is to save us. To say that taking your healing or prosperity is greed, then you are saying being saved makes you greedy.

No you are wrong. Firstly you are making many points facts which I don't think are and many others would not think so on the outset.

- "So we know that its God's will that EVERYONE recieves healing. Or else he never would have put his Son Jesus on the Cross for us."

- "its just as easy to heal us, as it is to save us."

- "To say that taking your healing or prosperity is greed, then you are saying being saved makes you greedy."

You have clearly shown what you believe by repeating it eseentially 3 times in your last 2 responses. You are saying that God would never have sent His Son Jesus Christ to the Cross to die for our sins if he so called didn't die to make us also healthy and rich in this life! I think this is a heresy and is blatantly not found in the bible. I cannot believe that you can pass off the passage in 1 Timothy 6 and believe its not directed towards the teachers that are showing you these falsities. Our master Jesus was poor and lowly and was a servant to all. He became poor that we may become rich! (How dare you ever think that, that would be material riches, shame on your christians who teach it). How dare we live in luxury when our saviour gave his all for us, we need to carry our cross also. Christianity is a religion that counts the cost on this earth and our riches are soley in heaven. If you want me to start quoting the rest of the majoirity of the bible on this issue I can. I just don't see it any other way and all the men of God that I have put up in the audio sermons section don't see it anyother way also. If you believe that all the speakers on this site are apostate and have never really come to know the Scriptures in their fulness as you and Hagin and other so called teachers have then we have a problem.

2004/7/5 11:39Profile

Re:

I get that idea, because if you want to try and tell me, that God kills, God steals, God gives and God takes, and not listen to what God has actually said, then you are making him out to be a liar. And my God, is no liar. He is a God who loves me, who calls me his Son. I have been raised up with Jesus and seated in Heavenly places. He doesn't wnat me sick and poor, he wants me healthy and prosperous so that I can be his servant, and I can use what he gives me, and sow it into his Kingdom.

And have I watched that particular clip? No Sir I haven't, I've never gotten it to work from this website yet. Though I believe its most likely one I have seen. And I have been in services where the Glory of God has been so strong, and the Spirit has been moving so strongly, that quite an amount of Amazing things have happened. I mean could you imagine sitting there on the day of Pentecost? Cloven tongues of fire coming down? I dont see why we read through that, but think that laughing, is something that would not happen. God has made a donkey talk, he was in a burning bush... yet laughing... not of God?

2004/7/5 11:39

Re:

Dod you not read those passages I showed you? Do you think its just a lie where it says 'by his stripes we were healed"

I mean you getting obviously mad, and not even bothering to realize, that Jesus wrote in the Gospels that it is just as easy to say thy sins be forgiven thee as it is to say take up thy bed and walk.

Jesus said it! Its true! Its fact! In Timothy he is talking about Greed.. taking what my Father wants to give me, has nothing to do with Greed. It doens't even lign up with the definition of that word.

2004/7/5 11:41
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: Exodus 4

10 Then Moses said to the LORD, "Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past, nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue." 11 The LORD said to him, "[b]Who has made man's mouth? Or [u]who makes {him} mute or deaf, or seeing or blind[/u]? [u][i]Is it not I, the LORD[/i][/u]?[/b] 12 "Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say." Exodus 4

2004/7/5 11:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy