SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The Dynamics of the 8/9/07 Stock Market Panic ... continue ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

The Dynamics of a Stock Market Panic suggests that this thread is dedicated to reporting the "Dynamic" conditions that are being brought to light as the days pass.

We often hear daily from the Federal Reserve, The Treasury, and CNBC reporters that things are under control. Yet every week we also hear that both the Treasury and Federal Reserve continue to roll out new programs to help 'stablize' the financial system.

Since the financial system bears the fruit of Satan's world, it is obvious that this system is supported by lies that promote allegiance to it's precepts.

In Christ
Jeff

2008/5/7 10:28Profile
rookie

Re:

This is the latest "method" being tried to "stabilize" the financial markets....

Bernanke Wants Fed to Pay Interest on Bank Reserves (Update2)

By Craig Torres

May 7 (Bloomberg) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke, seeking ways to stabilize money markets, will ask Congress for authority to pay interest on commercial-bank reserves this year, a person familiar with the discussions said.

The central bank isn't authorized by Congress to begin making such payments until 2011. Allowing interest on bank reserves may enable the Fed to pump more funds into the banking system without pushing its main policy rate lower, in effect separating action to boost liquidity from monetary policy.

``It would have the effect of putting a floor under the federal funds rate,'' said Walker Todd, a research fellow at the American Institute for Economic Research in Great Barrington, Massachusetts.

Bernanke has expanded the Fed's tools during the credit crisis, rolling out three new facilities aimed at getting funds to the financial system more effectively. The Fed's Board of Governors discussed paying interest on reserves in a closed session on April 30. The Federal Open Market Committee, which includes governors and presidents of the 12 district banks, cut the benchmark federal funds rate to 2 percent the same day.

Banks are required to hold a proportion of customers' deposits in an account at the Federal Reserve. In addition, they hold reserves in excess of their required balances to meet payments.

Talks With Congress

Fed staff started discussions this week with Congress about bringing forward the date that interest can be paid, the person said on condition of anonymity. Technical details of how the program would work, and what rate the Fed would pay, would likely need further study and discussion by the FOMC, the person said.

If the Fed paid an interest rate equal to the federal funds rate, commercial banks would avoid dumping any excess cash into the money market, which in the past has driven rates below the Fed's target.

The New York Fed bank's Open Market Desk is charged with buying and selling Treasuries with 20 Wall Street securities firms to keep the main rate close to the target set by the FOMC.

The desk has struggled to keep the federal funds rate stable as banks attempted to manage their reserves at a time when credit markets were seizing up.

On May 2, the federal funds rate ranged from 0.1 percent to 2.5 percent even though the target was 2 percent. On April 23, the rate fell as low as 1 percent and rose as high as 10 percent, compared with the then-target of 2.25 percent.

Stabilize the Market

``The inter-bank interest rate is going to be stabilized with this policy,'' said Marvin Goodfriend, a professor at Carnegie Mellon University's Tepper Graduate School of Business and a former Richmond Fed policy adviser who has published research on interest on reserves.

Under the current statute, the Fed may pay interest ``at a rate or rates not to exceed the general level of short-term interest rates'' starting in October 2011.

The Fed's initiative comes at a time when the central bank is expanding its backstop for financial institutions and taking more credit risk by holding private-industry assets on its balance sheet.

In March, the New York Fed financed $30 billion of illiquid securities owned by Bear Stearns Cos. to help facilitate the merger with JPMorgan Chase & Co. Because sales of the securities will repay the loan, Fed watchers said the central bank in effect purchased the assets.

Treasury Swaps

On May 2, the Fed expanded a facility where it swaps Treasury securities for mortgage bonds to include asset-backed debt, including that linked to student loans. The change to the so-called Term Securities Lending Facility followed two separate requests from Congress to help aid the student loan market.

While the Fed's goal was to add liquidity to the specific asset classes, the swaps can also affect the pricing of the securities.

If the Fed wanted to expand the program further, for example by taking on municipal bonds, then paying interest on reserves could help policy makers avoid depressing the federal funds rate, Todd said. The interest payments could help attract the cash ``back in'' to balances held at the Fed, he said.

The moves by the Board of Governors, on the advice of the New York Fed, have proved controversial with some reserve bank presidents. The central bank's actions ``seem likely to weaken market discipline and extend moral-hazard problems to a much wider financial marketplace,'' Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank President Thomas Hoenig said yesterday

2008/5/7 10:32Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi rookie...

Quote:
The Dynamics of a Stock Market Panic suggests that this thread is dedicated to reporting the "Dynamic" conditions that are being brought to light as the days pass.

We often hear daily from the Federal Reserve, The Treasury, and CNBC reporters that things are under control. Yet every week we also hear that both the Treasury and Federal Reserve continue to roll out new programs to help 'stablize' the financial system.

Actually, such measures are taken even during times of economic prosperity. I took MicroEconomics, MacroEconomics and Economic Statistics as an undergrad. In those classes, we learned about how the economy is changing every single day -- and how the government and Federal Reserve work to keep it healthy -- even when it appears to be healthy.
Quote:
Since the financial system bears the fruit of Satan's world, it is obvious that this system is supported by lies that promote allegiance to it's precepts.

The "[i]fruit of Satan's world[/i]?!?" If it is so evil, then why do we use money? Why did Paul ask for collections? Why don't we live like the Amish? Is the financial system part of "Satan's fruit" or a biproduct of human existence? Money is just a document (or idea about value) that is traded for a product or service. If I am a fisherman, you could trade that document of value in exchange for a fish. If I were a carpenter, you could agree to trade a set of documents (or a contract that promises such a trade) in exchange for work or a home.

While I might not agree with a government policy, I owe it to my family to provide for their needs. Therefore, I take part in this little system of exchange. I recognize the value of a dollar is approximately $1 -- and that the exact value of a dollar changes everyday. I endeavor to be a good steward of my earnings in order to support my family and further the Gospel of Jesus Christ in this world.

Most of us do not own a home. Some of us rent, while others buy. Even those who "purchase" a home have to realize that it only "ours" to the extent that we have invested in it. Unless it is bought with cash or has already been paid off, it is owned by the bank or home lender. We must also pay our property taxes each year in order to keep the house. Thus, all homeowners are participating in this "fruit of Satan's world."

Don't get me wrong: I am not an adherent of the "prosperity" message at all. There is a difference between simply providing for our needs and financial and material greed.

When you say that "it is obvious that this system is supported by lies that promote allegiance to it's precepts" -- what do you mean? Are you presenting information or facts that are more accurate or present something better? What are the examples of these "lies?"

Again, I am not concerned with the presentation of facts. However, I do worry about those who might use these facts as "proof" of a particular idea and persuasion that might not be totally accurate. There is a preacher down the road who claims that the current economic status is going to grow worse and continue through the coming of the Lord. What will become of his message if things start going well? What if this nation begins to experience a period of economic stability and prosperity for an extended period of time?

I think that I understand what you are trying to accomplish by this thread. But do you understand my concern?

2008/5/7 10:56Profile

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Again, I am not concerned with the presentation of facts. However, I do worry about those who might use these facts as "proof" of a particular idea and persuasion that might not be totally accurate. There is a preacher down the road who claims that the current economic status is going to grow worse and continue through the coming of the Lord. What will become of his message if things start going well? What if this nation begins to experience a period of economic stability and prosperity for an extended period of time?

I think that I understand what you are trying to accomplish by this thread. But do you understand my concern?

Good points Ccchhhrrriiisss.
It is all in what spin you put on it. I have some pretty neat spin myself and when I go to the gas pump and the grocery store, it is validated. But as you said we don't know for sure. When we take all things into consideration before we start preaching.

This email comes in three parts:
Part 1
In just one year. Remember the election in 2006?
Thought you might like to read the following:
A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

Remember it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him.

Part 2:
Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics enlightening and amazing.
www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.html
Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008
Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250

2008/5/7 12:17
rookie

Re:

Brother Chris wrote:

Quote:
When you say that "it is obvious that this system is supported by lies that promote allegiance to it's precepts" -- what do you mean? Are you presenting information or facts that are more accurate or present something better? What are the examples of these "lies?"

All of God's attributes are true and never change. However, Satan, according to Scripture promotes the lie because he is the father of lies.

In terms of our financial system how does it compare with God's system?

Pro 20:10 Divers weights, [and] divers measures, both of them [are] alike abomination to the LORD.

In the book of Ezekiel we find these instructions... which also pretain to Proverbs 20:10

Eze 45:8 In the land shall be his possession in Israel: and my princes shall no more oppress my people; and [the rest of] the land shall they give to the house of Israel according to their tribes.

Eze 45:9 ¶ Thus saith the Lord GOD; Let it suffice you, O princes of Israel: remove violence and spoil, and execute judgment and justice, take away your exactions from my people, saith the Lord GOD.

Eze 45:10 Ye shall have just balances, and a just ephah, and a just bath.

Eze 45:11 The ephah and the bath shall be of one measure, that the bath may contain the tenth part of an homer, and the ephah the tenth part of an homer: the measure thereof shall be after the homer.

Eze 45:12 And the shekel [shall be] twenty gerahs: twenty shekels, five and twenty shekels, fifteen shekels, shall be your maneh.

Since you have studied economics, is the financial system based on God's precepts or Satan's?

In Christ
Jeff

2008/5/7 12:31Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Brother rookie...

Quote:
Since you have studied economics, is the financial system based on God's precepts or Satan's?

I'm not saying that the American economic system is perfect. In fact, I am not defending ANY economic system. As far as God's precepts, I don't think that He even CARES about money (in an [i]eternal[/i] sense). In Eternity, I seriously doubt that we will need money. We can tell how little God values money or gold -- because He paves the streets out of them in Heaven. But the fact remains that we are currently living in this world. We interact with this world. We pay taxes. We use money. We buy homes, cars, food and clothing. In fact, most of us even purchase BIBLES.

I don't think that there is a perfect financial system in the world. I tend to agree with capitalism simply because it provides freedom to succeed or fail. While it may be a little more difficult to make a living for some rather than others (due to certain financial or economic handicaps), it isn't impossible for anyone in America to live.

My wife and her family immigrated (legally) to the United States while she was finishing grade school. They literally came with only the shirts on their backs. They worked as migrant workers for years. At one point, all twelve of them lived in a one bedroom travel trailer (where they even took showers outside with a waterhose behind a blanket). Eventually, they earned enough money to purchase land and build a home with their own bare hands. Their first attempt was a SHACK (that resembles something from the Third World). However -- it was theirs and they were very thankful for it. We recently completed another home that we built with our own hands. It is a much nicer brick home. And for the first time in their lives, they have an air conditioner (quite an accomplishment in the typical 100 degree south Texas spring, fall and summer).

Since they immigrated to the United States, all of my wife's siblings have graduated from college with at least a Bachelor's degree (with the exception of one who is currently an Architectual Engineering major and the other is in high school and will begin at Stanford University in the fall). Thus, they understand the advantages of the American economic system and the fact that America is still a "land of opportunity."

If you think that the economic system is Satanic, let me ask: Do you use money? Do you use a bank? Did you ever buy anything on credit (such as a house, a car, education, etc...) that required monthly payments? If so, would that be an admission of personal involvement in an economic system based upon "Satanic" precepts?

But this question is second to the question of just what this inclusion of economic articles is supposed to imply. Are you saying that since the system is supposedly "Satanic" that we should completely withdraw from any interaction (such as buying a house, a car, or using money)? Are you just trying to illustrate that the world is currently headed in a questionable direction and we should be careful? Or are you trying to suggest that these things are a catalyst for the End?

I suspect that our dear brother Rahman began this thread in response to his "prophecy" about a Great Depression beginning by January 1, 2008. He halted his participation shortly after the new year. Then, you picked up this thread by including many media articles that support a dire economic prediction. I'm just not certain what it is that you are saying. I suppose that an clear clarification would help me understand the new direction or message of this thread a little more.

:-)

2008/5/7 13:13Profile

Re:

Quote:
rookie wrote: Since you have studied economics, is the financial system based on God's precepts or Satan's?

God did not change from Genesis to Ezekiel. God's system is still the same for his people. "The Lord will Provide"

Joseph is paralleled somewhat to Jesus, in that Joseph, in an earthly sense, Joseph was his families redeemer. He became earthly redeemer in his obedience to God and doing God's his perfect will. One good point in this first passage and you don't want to miss this part. what happened when Joseph called his brothers in for a supper when they arrived for trade. He had all the gentiles leave the room (non-jews) right(rapture)you think. Only Jews were allowed in the room. Joseph's brothers benefited greatly from Joseph's obedience to God. They were not deserving (grace) but they came asking for mercy.
Gen 45:1-7
45:1 Then Joseph could no longer control himself before all his attendants, and he cried out, "Have everyone leave my presence!" So there was no one with Joseph when he made himself known to his brothers. 2 And he wept so loudly that the Egyptians heard him, and Pharaoh's household heard about it.
3 Joseph said to his brothers, "I am Joseph! Is my father still living?" But his brothers were not able to answer him, because they were terrified at his presence.
4 Then Joseph said to his brothers, "Come close to me." When they had done so, he said, "I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt! 5 And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you. 6 For two years now there has been famine in the land, and for the next five years there will not be plowing and reaping. 7 But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance.

By grace we are saved, through faith, and we have became brothers with Jesus (Jews)by adoption.

Matt 12:48-13:1
48 He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

Gal 4:3-7
4 But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5 to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since

Rom 8:23-27
23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

2008/5/7 13:40

Re:

Dear Chris,

There are a couple of things we need to make clear. The first is that God will [i]never[/i] judge or pour His wrath on the righteous [i]with[/i] the ungodly. The second thing is that there is [i]nothing wrong[/i] with money in of itself--and I don't believe God is going to judge money or fish or gold as a means of human exchange of goods, but He has promised that He [i][b]will judge[/b] the people who use those things unlawfully[/i].

You asked:

Quote:
If you think that the economic system is Satanic, let me ask: Do you use money? Do you use a bank? Did you ever buy anything on credit (such as a house, a car, education, etc...) that required monthly payments? If so, would that be an admission of personal involvement in an economic system based upon "Satanic" precepts?

In an economic system where people use money to buy and sell according to the will of God, there is [u]nothing wrong[/u]. So here the issue is not whether money [i]is[/i] used, but whether it is used in a way [b]approved and directed of God[/b], who searches the motives of the human heart. Has money become an instrument of greed, a source of security, an idol for you? "The love of money is the root of all sorts of evil." So God's judgment is going to come upon [b]those people[/b]--the ungodly, unrighteous--who have neither known Him, nor walked in His ways; upon those who have trusted in uncertain riches and have been led not by the Spirit, but by the evil lusts of their flesh. We cannot be deceived: for as God judged Sodom and Gomorrah, and the whole ancient world, of which only eight people were saved (Noah's household), and made them examples to us, that we should not be like them, He will also judge this world, as He [i]has[/i] promised. And He does judge it. (You may ask: is there anything inherently wrong in the world? In byuing, in selling, in being given in marriage? I think you know the answer. It is the same with the economic system, which has for many become a god and a provider. It is the same difference as between money and mammon.) The question we need to answer is: [b]Are we among the righteous or among the ungodly?[/b] For if we are among the righteous, we cannot fear the wrath of God--for Christ took it all upon Himself on the Calvary. But if we have deceived ourselves, we shall surely be brought down--which may be the only road to our repentance and salvation.

Quote:
Are you saying that since the system is supposedly "Satanic" that we should completely withdraw from any interaction (such as buying a house, a car, or using money)? Are you just trying to illustrate that the world is currently headed in a questionable direction and we should be careful? Or are you trying to suggest that these things are a catalyst for the End?

What I am talking about--or implying--in this thread is the following (which is also, I believe, key to our living in this present world, of being [i]in[/i] it, but not [i]of[/i] it): that the judgment of God is coming upon the world of the ungodly and we are called to [b]get out[/b], so we don't suffer with them, as it reads in the Book of Revelation: "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues" (Rev. 18:4). It will be the same as in the days of Lot and the days of Noah. God will withhold his wrath until the [b]last[/b] righteous man has left, so He can pour His wrath upon the unrighteous. But, just like Abraham, I believe, by revelation the righteous and faithful will foresee the coming judgment and take refuge. Some of them may be a little late (like Lot), who, by the prayers and instrumentality of righteous men, may God deliver in the last moment, but others will choose to go back or even stay in the place of judgment, rejecting the warnings, and be destroyed with the ungodly. These are they who say, "Peace, peace," and sudden destruction comes upon them.

So Noah was in the world, but not of it. And when the world was to be executed, He had to get out of it. So it was with Lot in Sodom. So it was with the early Christians before the destruction of Jerusalem, who, forewarned by the Holy Spirit, had departed from the city in time not to suffer judgment at the hands of the Romans.

I am not talking about a casual or self-initiated departure. I am talking about a time when God says, "The appointed time has come," and we obey. But for this time to come we must be like Noah, as is written of him: "And Noah did according to all that the Lord commanded him" (Gen. 7:5). Noah was a man [b]who heard the voice of God and obeyed it[/b], and [i]so necessarily must we be[/i], if we are to escape judgment. Which escape is not an end in itself, but a by-product of our continuous obedience. For God has not called us to be refugees, but priests and kings and a light unto the nations, conduits of His wisdom to the principalities and powers of heaven. May, when our Lord returns, He find us doing what He has assigned to us!

Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

I realize that without the Lord we can't do anything. We cannot lean upon our undestanding, or wisdom, or experience. We cannot save ourselves. A time is coming "when the power of the holy people [will be] completely shattered" (Dan. 12:7), but our God will keep us and make all things work for our good--even in the [i]wilderness of the nations[/i] which He is calling us to.

2008/5/8 5:08

Re:

To give some facts about the economic system (you judge whether these are God's or Satan's principles):

1) never has been food so contaminated and adulterated; we have companies doing great evil for profit's sake: from poisoning food with chemicals and artificial ingredients to decrease production costs to modifying living organisms and patenting seeds, thus enslaving farmers;

2) the pharmaceutical industry which sells guaranteed poison to people, also rewriting medicine textbooks and outlawing in many cases herbal medicine, again for profit;

3) the petroleum and car industry which inhibits the use of (already-invented) cheaper and more self-reliant technologies;

4) the brazenly lawless pro-corporate business legislature worldwide (i.e. corrupt governments);

5) (this one is big) the banking system which lends money it does not have and gets the interest off them; which creates poverty, dependence, and inflation; which, as a brother of mine says, "creates money from the air";

6) the financial markets which lessen the value of money and human productivity (who wants to work the land to get uncertain produce when they can work in and according to rules of the system and make enough money to buy ten times the fruit and vegetables they would otherwise produce?).

These are just a few examples I can think of on top of my head. Add education as a main instrument for brainwashing, the entertainment industry, sports, you name it.

2008/5/8 5:41

Re:

Quote:

NotMe wrote:
Dear Chris,

Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

I realize that without the Lord we can't do anything. We cannot lean upon our undestanding, or wisdom, or experience. We cannot save ourselves. A time is coming "when the power of the holy people [will be] completely shattered" (Dan. 12:7), but our God will keep us and make all things work for our good--even in the [i]wilderness of the nations[/i] which He is calling us to.

Amen
Faith is confidence in HIM that HE has everything under control, even the salvation of ours souls.
Prov 3:5-7

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
KJV

Heb 10:35-11:3

35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Hebrews 11

11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV

1 Thess 4:13-5:1

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Thessalonians 5

5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
KJV

1 Cor 15:51-16:1

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
KJV

John 14:1-3
14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
KJV

Rom 8:34-39

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
KJV

2008/5/8 6:17

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy