SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The Dynamics of the 8/9/07 Stock Market Panic ... continue ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman

The Dynamics of the 8/9/07 Stock Market Panic ... continue ...

These short audio nnippets will give you an Idea of just how shaky things are, when foreign banks are now going into default (following U.S. company Bear Stearns) regarding U.S. derative packages based on our crumbling so called sub-prime mortgage market ...

This is why Warren Buffet abandoned the Stock Market some years ago saying that investors where nuts to keep their money in it, and that "derivatives" are financial weapons of mass destruction just waiting to explode ...

Well now they're beginning to blow up, and folk are getting financially hurt, if not killed ...

[b]Dow Falls 300 Points on Rocky Day (Click on Listen) ...[/b]
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12638575

[b]Global Markets Respond to Credit Squeeze (Click on Listen) ...[/b]
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12668641

[b]U.S. Mortgage Market Woes Spread to Europe (Click on Listen) ...[/b]
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12692600

[b]Financial Markets Tumble Amid Credit Crunch (Click on Listen) ...[/b]
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12668660

[b]Central Banks Flood Money Markets with Cash (Click on Listen) ...[/b]
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12668644

[b]Fed's Cash Infusions Settle Markets Somewhat (This is very Telling)[/b]
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12667755

Click on ...
* Hear NPR's Jim Zarroli
* Hear NPR's Adam Davidson
* Hear David Wessel, deputy Washington bureau chief of The Wall Street Journal

2007/8/15 13:15Profile
davym

Re: The Dynamics of the 8/9/07 Stock Market Panic ...

14And Joseph gathered up all the money that was found in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, for the corn which they bought: and Joseph brought the money into Pharaoh's house.
15And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth.
16And Joseph said, Give your cattle; and I will give you for your cattle, if money fail.

Genesis 47 v14-16

This passage of scripture came into my mind when watching and reading recent events. Money can 'fail' i.e. become worthless if the economic system breaks down as is what happened in Joseph's day albeit a result of famine.

I just think we all need to remember that we can't eat money. It's simply a tool which enables us to trade, but has no intrinsic value in and of itself. The current crisis is a result of irresponsible manipulation of 'money'.

2007/8/17 11:50Profile
Santana

Re: Will Wall St Troubles Lead to Recession?

This is a good article as well:

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- The stock market is on a stomach-churning ride, the nation's once high-flying housing market is sinking deeper into gloom, and credit, the lifeblood of the economy, is drying up.
If consumers get nervous enough, many economists believe, all of these troubles could become the perfect storm that will plunge the country into a recession..."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070817/recession_risks.html?.v=11

2007/8/17 12:32Profile
Rahman

Re: Will Wall St Troubles Lead to Recession?

--- This is just all so very interesting to watch unfold ...

[b]davym you quoted from Genesis 47 ...[/b]
" for the money faileth. And Joseph said, Give your cattle; and I will give you for your cattle, if money fail."

--- Wow in all the times that i've read this account today (due to your post) is the first time that i ever saw the word "money" at all ... Interesting! ---

[b]Santana ... thanks for the article! ...[/b]

--- i believe the word "recession" is for public consumption, but it's "depression" that has the big boys worried ... The financial wizards are now literally stuck between Iraq and a hard place, exactly right where our Lord wants us to be in His plan ...

Did you notice how many times the word "fear" appears in it? ...

i've seen a few post here on SI threads where some saints have taken the view to not have any fear at all regarding what's going on in the economy, to the point of not even thinking it prudent to attempt some sort of preparedness ... Amen on not having fear as a child of God, but if we with any common sense prepare for a forecasted natural storm, wouldn't it be just as prudent to prepare for a financial one? ...

i guess i'd be as cavalier also had it not been some 2 decades ago that i believe Holy Spirit pulled my coat tail as to what was then coming, and is now here, my need to get out of debt (which i did not start to do until 10 years ago), and more recently of getting some bulk money outside the U.S. stored in actual gold bullion, and of obtaining (in the process) at least $1,000 worth of junk silver (beat up old pre-1964, 90% silver dimes) to keep hidden at home for the event of dollar failure, and or not being able to get to any dollar assets due to accounts being frozen by banks due panic runs on our banks ... Some might think this drastic, but unlike the depression of the 30's that just took common folk by surprise, in this information age this doesn't have to repeat itself, and especially so if one believes themselves to be Divinely warned ...

Many saints believe we're at the end of the world and a certain escape via the rapture out of any hardships at all, but i believe we're only at the end of American hegemony politically and economically, which is pre-requisite, and the beginning of God's correction to His Laodicean children for placing our security in riches an in feeling that we're in need of nothing (most pointedly-Him), and that just as in Joseph's time He will already have set in place His providers (wise-stewards He can trust) via which to supply the needs of His children tried and purified in the fire of what most assuredly is gonna feel like famine (the higher you've lived, the worse it will
seem) ...

God knows that if in fact it is He who has caused me to put aside my little meager offering of "5 loaves and 2 fishes" toward a future time of His blessing and breaking to feed a multitude, then it's there, willing, waiting, and being added to as He provides ...

Blessings in the name of our faithful (even when we're not) Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ---

2007/8/17 16:19Profile
Rahman

20/20 Hind Sight ...

This following book was originally printed September 20, 2003 ... i originally posted this interview about it on the "Info on America's Precarious Economy thread" on 2/16/05 ... This guy back then, even armed with all his statistical data, was branded a kook, a doomsayer, and just plain un-American ...

i'm reposting it here after re-visiting the interview because within just 2 1/2 years what he wrote then about the inevitability of the current failings in our housing market is exactly what this thread is about ...

[b]"Strategies for the End of the Housing Bubble"[/b]
John Rubino, Author
http://www.financialsense.com/Experts/2004/Rubino.html

It's funny how much clearer the dynamics are to me in this second listen ... Yep - hind sight is always 20/20, the trouble tho with that is we only get that kind of clarity after the lesson learned has kicked our behind ...

2007/8/23 17:07Profile
davym

Re: 20/20 Hind Sight ...

Rahman

Very good interview. He's excellent at discussing the dollar.

It seems to me quite ridiculous how banks are behaving, but I suppose they're driven on by those who want loans.

I'm from and live in Britain and over here exactly the same credit bubble has been created and house prices are at astronomical levels. We seem to try and comfort ourselves by saying that our country is an island and space is limited and demand for housing will increase for ever.

There's a familiar term here in the financial markets that goes " If America sneezes, Britain catches a cold". It seems likely that we're in for a rougher ride than the US in that case. I suspect the UK will lean on Europe however if a recessionary environment develops. We'll probably go into the Euro and in the process lose more of our national sovereignty to Brussels.

Anyway, I don't know what will happen. All I know is that the Gospel has been drowned out in the once Great Britain. People want wealth, wealth and more wealth and the condition of their soul doesn't seem to matter. It's this world and this world only they care about. I know the church is at fault here as well. Most of them have been sucked into this trap.

Revelation 3:16-18 (King James Version)

16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As I'm aware you are familiar, this passage is part of the Lord's letter to the Laodicean Church (the archetype of the present day church). And this is where we are and we as believers must do what we can to allow the Holy Spirit through us to open people's eyes. I pray we on SI may be used in this way.

God bless and thanks for link.

David

2007/8/24 5:40Profile
Rahman

Re: 20/20 Hind Sight ...

Hi bro Dave ...

So you're in the UK ...

A little while back Delta Dom (also there) posted a thread i can no longer find, that stated the UK to also be in government debt of almost 8 trillion ... That blew my mind because in comparisson to population with the U.S. i couldn't quite figure out how this was ... But then the UK has been around a lot longer than the U.S., and then there was also the devestation of WWII ... Anyhow the U.S. and the UK does seem to be bound at the hip ...

One thing you said about the spiritual condition in Britain also hit me in that one of the things i pray for is that our Lord will not let the U.S. get to the Christian coldness that it seems the UK has gotten to (according to stats) ... But then the UK may be in a safer situation as being "cold" in Christ, than the "lukewarm" we in the States appear to be in ... At any rate what brings me comfort is that also in the scripture you quoted regarding the Laodicean Church, Christ promises to rebuke and chasten as many as He loves, and that's certainly what i believe is soon upon us ...

Blessings in Christ Jesus who is faithful - even when we're not ...

2007/8/26 14:20Profile
Rahman

An Explanation of the Credit Bubble ...

Just What is a Credit Bubble? ... How and Why was it Created ... and just what does it's Deflation at Present Mean to the U.S. and Global Economy? ... The following audio will help in your understanding ...

Doug Noland, Market Strategist at David Tice & Associates
[b]Topic: Deflating the Credit Bubble[/b]
http://www.financialsense.com/Experts/2007/Noland.html

Blessings in Christ Jesus our Lord and Provider ...

2007/8/26 14:22Profile
rookie

Re: An Explanation of the Credit Bubble ...

Just a thought...

The world hates us for what is happening in the Middle East.

And now our corrupt financial system has infected the entire world with our ever increasing debt. The princes and kings of this nation have destroyed what was once a light in this world. The wine of their fornication has spread chaos to all the corners of this world.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/8/30 1:30Profile
Rahman

VICTORY IS IN OUR FAITH! ...

There are so many faith shaking things happening in our world today i feel led of Holy Spirit to point out this faith inspiring sermon ...

[b]In One Hour Everything is Going to Change[/b]
http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID16114.mp3

Praise God from whom all blessings flow, especially for the ones we don't see as such ...

[b]1John.5[/b]
[4] For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: [b]and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.[/b]

[b][color=3366CC]NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS SAINTS - LETS KEEP OUR FAITH![/color][/b]

2007/8/30 9:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy