SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Matthew 24 Watch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:

Matthew also warns "Pray your flight does not take place on the Sabbath. My freinds Christians are not under Sabbath Law.( We are under GRACE) Matthew is speaking to Jews who will be going through the great tribulation, before the 1000 Year Kingdom Reign.

[color=990033]Hi Katy

The verse quoted above could refer to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD. But either way, it was, as you say, a warning to believing Jews.

But is that relevant to the present discussion? Jesus was speaking only to His disciples, who at that time were all Jews. [i]Other[/i] parts of Matthew 24 clearly speak of the times leading up to Christ’s return, including the present, time. Therefore the command to “Watch and pray” is still in force for us in these days.[/color]

Quote:
The Covenant Promises are sealed in the Blood of Jesus. Read Hebrews concerning this New Testament/NewCovenant.

It says a WILL in not in effect unless that person dies. His death and the shedding of his blood is the highest OATH/Promise God made to mankind. Gen 3:15

Jesus is the SURETY ,*Guarantee* in the Covenant Promises.

You're missing the point. One promise is Your sins are washed away. Another is your eternal security sealed in the *Blood of the Covenant

[color=990033]Of course, if you take a strongly Calvinistic view, it doesn’t make any difference to our personal salvation if we are watchful or not. But [i][u]is THAT a reason for disobeying the Lord and [b]neglecting[/b] to watch?[/u][/i][/color]

Quote:
He who is IN YOU (Christ Jesus)is stronger then he who is in the world.

Jesus said, overcame the World. We Overcome through the Blood of the Lamb. The New Covenant Promises sealed in the ***Blood of the Covenant. Jesus Christ OUR SURETY, and those promises by OATH ( God Cannot Lie) Hebrews 13:20&21

Romans 8:37-39
37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors( Overcomers) through him that loved us.
38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Covenant PROMISE, *The Blood of the Covenant*

Ephesians 6:11-13
11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Jesus Christ WON our( Born Again Christians) Victory at Calvary. Don't put faith in yourselves, but in God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

[color=990033]Is anyone saying that these things aren’t true? Do they annul the command to watch and pray; or to “work for the night is coming” (work as we allow Him to work mightily in us)? Do they deny that there will be suffering and persecution for those who follow the Lord fully? Do they make void any of the warnings that He gave? Do they mean that we can rebel against Him with impunity because we are eternally safe?

in Him

Jeannette[/color]

2007/9/7 13:50

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
The Laodicean American Church in Bed with another Lover
The Deceit of Unholy Alliances; an African Perspective
By Kato Mivule
http://www.cephas-library.com/church_n_state/church_n_state_us_loadicean_church_in_bed_with_another_lover.html

Having gone back to the Search on this Brother, I found his own site, though he is on many.

I respect this man and his ministry.

"Called to Endure to The End"
In Christ Jesus
Kato Mivule
Uganda, Africa

http://www.yesumulungi.com/index.htm

I MUST look up this site, thank you for posting it! I was in Uganda twice, and love Africa, but so many Christians there (as in the developed world) seem to have jumped on the "Prosperity" bandwaggon. If he hasn't it will be a refreshing change!

I haven't heard of this brother, though he's obviously from the area of Uganda where I was. ("Yesumulungi", from the web address, means "Jesus is good"!)

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/9/7 13:57

Re:

Quote:
LittleGift wrote:

I MUST look up this site, thank you for posting it! I was in Uganda twice, and love Africa, but so many Christians there (as in the developed world) seem to have jumped on the "Prosperity" bandwaggon. If he hasn't it will be a refreshing change!

I haven't heard of this brother, though he's obviously from the area of Uganda where I was. ("Yesumulungi", from the web address, means "Jesus is good"!)

Just had a quick look at the site and almost at once found this:

[i][color=000066]Attention: I don't send out e-mail solicitation for money or donations; any e-mails that purport to use the website name, YesuMulungi.com or use my name, and that they are from Africa seeking donations for Orphans, AIDS/HIV victims, etc, should be strongly disregarded. I only send reply e-mails to inquiries and feedbacks I get from visitors on this site. I don't collect money or donations via e-mail and I don't own or operate any e-mail list. Thanks...KM[/color][/i]

Wow, if you know anything about Africa that is amazing!

He has to be a good man! :-D

Jeannette

2007/9/7 14:01

Re:

Thank you LittleGift. Look forward to feedback on his articles. Amazing that you lived there.

[b]Yesumulungi![/b]

:-D

2007/9/7 14:31

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
Thank you LittleGift. Look forward to feedback on his articles. Amazing that you lived there.

[b]Yesumulungi![/b]

:-D

Yes it seems an excellent site. I look forward to reading more articles.

Jeannette

2007/9/7 15:59

Re:

quote:>>Jesus Christ commands that we MUST ENDURE to the End…we must stand, persevere, and be faithful to the end…

Matthew 24:9-12
(9) Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
(10) And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
(11) And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
(12) And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

thought:
It is amazing to me how we take some passages so deep to into the heart and only a chapter away from where we hear Jesus' Words we totally disregard a passage such as Matt 23:23 as Old Testament law.

Matt 26:13
13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.
KJV

How much did this oil cost the woman in material costs?

Matt 6:21
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
KJV

2007/9/7 16:42

Re:

Moe, I think you have just prophesied here.

Firstly - with the 10 virgins - how much did it cost the 5 wise virgins to have enough oil to make it through the darkness that preceded His Coming - whereas the 5 foolish didn't bother.

Secondly - I clicked on the profile of the initial poster of this thread and noticed this was their last post here.
I have wondered why now and have this poster in prayer and sending thanks for this post that started this thread.
Thank you brokenvessel, wherever you are.

2007/9/7 17:09

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
Moe, I think you have just prophesied here.

Firstly - with the 10 virgins - how much did it cost the 5 wise virgins to have enough oil to make it through the darkness that preceded His Coming - whereas the 5 foolish didn't bother.

Secondly - I clicked on the profile of the initial poster of this thread and noticed this was their last post here.
I have wondered why now and have this poster in prayer and sending thanks for this post that started this thread.

moe wrote:
My prayers go out for brokenvessel as well.
I haven't noticed the brokenvessel name on the prayer list of "miricles follow the Plow" page, of course I I stay in the magoo mode often. Thanks for bringing this to my attention He_Reigns.
and yes HE does reign.

2007/9/7 17:43
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:

Brokenvessel was going to be a grandmother around the end of July. I suspect that a new little grandbaby might be occupying her time currently. She is a precious sister and I hope she comes back soon.

Danielle

2007/9/7 18:02Profile

Re:

Yes brother Moe, HE DOES REIGN. :-D
Thank you!

Thank you BrokenOne for noticing our concern.
Praying she's a Happy Granny.
Also praying she'll be back to tell us if it's a girl or a boy and all about her new proud and joy.
God Bless you and Moe and LittleGift and brokenvessel.

2007/9/8 1:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy