SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What am I doing wrong?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I too go through some things such as you described, although I once could make on 4 or 5 hours of sleep, that is a thing of the past for me. And when we have those times you gave us the right prescription. Prayer and the Word. King David just talked to God. He told him of his fears and his anxieties.

Ps 55:22-23

22 Cast your burden on the LORD,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

23 But You, O God, shall bring them down to the pit of destruction;
Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days;
But I will trust in You.
NKJV

2007/8/6 11:46
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

Sounds like you are sure of your salvation;
so I won't question that. But ask yourself:
Does God reign?? Have I given Him my
burdens, cares, fears, and worries?? If so,
they are in His mighty hands, and He will
comfort, establish, and strengthen you!! :-D

2007/8/6 13:14Profile

Re:

First this is a common thing for all, your not alone!! Do you have a a church home? Is there anyone that you are close too? i think it is so important to share with one or two you are close to, that can hold you accountable.

Second: I would encourage you not to be alone!! Do something, anything. i don't think it is wrong thing to go and seek Godly counselor or Pastor.

2007/8/13 13:36

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Quote:
Jamccor said: Especially when I wake up in the morning, it is as if something is terrorizing me with feelings of anxiety,strong in nature, that just make me want to hide.

Yes, I've had this same anxiety that you have had. It's a tormenting spirit that is NOT in you but around you. The one that tormented me was in my bedroom. I'd wake up in the night and I'd see this being in the corner laughing at me. I couldn't get to sleep, I'd wake up in a panic. I went to church one night and the preacher was talking about Saddam's torture methods and my heart sunk and I was worse then ever. I was scared to death and I didn't want to go home to face this demon. I asked someone if I could stay the night and they couldn't, so I went home and I laid awake staring into nothing. A scripture came to mind which said, "You have not been given a spirit of fear", I knew I read that some place and found it and read it and rebuked the fear and I instantly fell off to sleep.
Quote:
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

The next day I felt refreshed but I still knew that this spirit of whatever it was was in my room. I was talking to my Pastor one evening in the course our conversation I mentioned what was going on. He immediately gave me instructions on what to do. He didn't say to do this, but I took an empty ice cream container and a paint brush and by faith I was washing the door way with the blood of Jesus. I rebuked whatever was in each room to get out and finally the front door. Since that time which has been over 4 years now, I have never had this attack.

The paint brush and bucket was my doing, it had nothing to do with it. By standing and taking authority over this spirit of oppression in the name of Jesus, it had to go. And you continue to stand your ground.

This experience was very real, it gave me the heebie jeebies. It caused great anxiety, I was effecting everyone around me.

I hope this helps.

2007/8/13 15:19
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

Wow..I guess there are many of us with these same feelings. I guess that's why it says in the bible that there isnt anything new that hasnt been seen or felt before in the world.
For me, after talking to some people on this board, I belive it is internal anxiety at what my day will bring me in terms of stress. I didnt realize how much stress I was carrying around until I woke up and all my defenses that were previously on guard were now bare.I thank all of you who contributed youre own personal experiences with these feelings.
GOD Bless
John

2007/8/13 15:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy