SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How to confront a sunday school teacher?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Its tought too, because where is the point when i move from discussion to the next in the chain of command, so to speak. It could be argued that I could simply stop attending the class, but I have the rest of the classes well being in mind as well...

God give me guidance :-(

2007/8/4 22:13Profile
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re:

One book I really recommend is John MacArthur's The Truth War: Fighting for Truth in an age of Deception. It's one of the few books that I've ever been able to gobble up in a single two-hour read.

You can also listen to a [url=http://audio.tms.edu/tmstrans.asp?id=54&fn=01_24_2006_John_MacArthur_Emerging_Church_Movement.mp3&ministry_id=3&url=http://www.tms.edu/audio.asp]lecture lecture he gave at The Master's Seminary[/url] where he addresses the issues of postmodernism and the Emerging Church.

2007/8/5 22:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
Part of this theory is to play word games and denounce metanarratives (meta:grand narrative:story) focusing more on an observation that language and therefore truth is cultural and subjective.

Excellent observation. This movement (in general) is a counterfit type of reformation, in that it's leading people out of dead orthodoxy into even greater error.

In Christ - Jim

2007/8/6 12:52
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

I am going to meet with him next sunday after church, his family and mine, I simply told him that I want to know what he believes, where his foundation is, and he is open to that.

Seems like "spirituality" is the new holiness of lifestyle.

Does the gospel need a new marketing campaign? Maybe the igospel...

2007/8/6 13:37Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Part of this theory is to play word games and denounce metanarratives (meta:grand narrative:story) focusing more on an observation that language and therefore truth is cultural and subjective.

From my understanding a lot of post modern church's would accept [url=http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-deconstruction.htm]deconstructionism[/url] . In summary that means that you really can't know what the Bible means, so what ever it means to you is what it means.

Deconstruction is a philosophy applied to literary criticism, as well as to criticism of the other arts, which began to gain popularity in the 1980s. The field of deconstruction arose partially in reaction to the literary theories of structuralism. Structuralism posited that when words could be understood within the context of a society of readers, then one could point to the specific meaning of a text.

[b]Deconstruction eschewed the concept of one possible meaning for a text, and instead suggested that meanings of a text are multiple and [u]contradictory[/u]. [/b]Underlying a text is the subtext, a set of values that must be evaluated to see if the text is really contrary in nature and hence somewhat without meaning. Deconstruction also evaluates the way in which texts in the traditional literary canon are taught to students, suggesting that traditional “readings” of a text often ignore underlying value structures in direct opposition to what is taught.

2007/8/6 14:44Profile

Re:

I find that physical violence works best in these cases.

Just kidding... everyone can breathe now!

I agree with everyone so far. The most important thing was touched on... humble yourself before God.

Secondly, make sure you know what you are talking about. Nothing is more embarrassing than challenging a teacher and realizing that you're not as up to speed as you thought you were. Make sure you understand what he is teaching, and if it's wrong, make sure you understand thoroughly why he is wrong. This will help avoid any misunderstandings that may be happening on your part.

Thirdly... do it in love.

Fourthly... if he continues to teach this, go to you church elders... preferrably with a witness.

If this gets you no where, then leave.

Krispy

PS: North Pole, Alaska? Your teachers name would happen to be Kris-py Kringle, would he? lol...

2007/8/6 15:00
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Quote:
Fourthly... if he continues to teach this, go to you church elders... preferrably with a witness.

thats what i would do

What the children get taught is of vital importance to them

PS this is funny
Quote:
Kris-py Kringle

2007/8/6 18:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy