SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Urgent prayer request

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Urgent prayer request

I have a nephew, James, who was burned pretty bad Saturday evening. He is in a burn unit. He's 22 yrs old.

To be frank, it was due to an act of stupidity, but regardless, please pray that he will recover well. His lungs and his eyes have checked out ok, but he has 1st degree burns over about 50% of his body.

It was a gasoline fire.

Please also pray that the Lord will use this as an opportunity for James to seek Him out.

Krispy

2007/7/30 7:54
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re: Urgent prayer request

praying brother. please keep us updated.

2007/7/30 8:01Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

praying

2007/7/30 8:05Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

I will be praying brother.

2007/7/30 8:56Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Krispy,
A burn is the most awful injury I think a person can have. Will pray for him.

As bad as a burn is I often wonder why this injury will not impress people about the awfulness of hell?

ginnyrose

2007/7/30 9:03Profile

Only just seen this. Is he a Christian? Praying that the Lord will use this with him somehow. If he is saved that it will draw him closer to God, if not that he will look afresh at his life and consider his ways, and turn to the Lord who has had mercy and spared his life.

Jeannette

2007/7/30 17:22

Re:

Quote:
Is he a Christian?

He is now!

I went over to Knoxville, Tennessee yesterday to see him in the hospital and was able to lead him to the Lord. Praise God. He seemed sincere... I pray that he really got ahold of it. I have some connections over there that are going to visit him and get him plugged in.

As for his burns, it was bad but not nearly as bad as the original phone call we got made it out to be. You know how those things go.

The worst burns were on his arms, and he has a bad one on the bridge of his nose and on his left cheek. It did burn all the hair off his head, but the burns themselves should heal up ok. He'll have some scarring on his nose and cheek, and definately on his arms.

His lungs and eyes are fine. He said he saw it coming and sqeezed his eyes shut and then dropped and rolled, which probably saved his life.

He said it was a stupid thing he was doing... he said "You know... famous last words of a redneck: Hey y'all! Watch this!" kinda thing.

Anyway, praise God he allowed me to lead him to the Lord. Continue to pray for his wounds. He'll be in the hospital for a couple of weeks.

Krispy

2007/7/31 7:38
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
He said it was a stupid thing he was doing... he said "You know... famous last words of a redneck: Hey y'all! Watch this!" kinda thing.

Krispy, ya sure it was not just a male thing? Sounds like something my boys would have done and they survived! If many people would know what they (our sons) did they would for sure choke on their spit!

Am glad the injuries are not as bad as reported earlier..

Blessings on the new child of God....

ginnyrose

2007/7/31 8:18Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Got them Hallelujah tears in my eyes brother. In spite of all the grieving we do over modern day Christianity and the state of the world et all, our Lord still gives us plenty of reasons to rejoice. Hallelujah!

2007/7/31 8:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
Krispy, ya sure it was not just a male thing? Sounds like something my boys would have done and they survived! If many people would know what they (our sons) did they would for sure choke on their spit!

We told our older boys "If you ever wondered why we watch you two like hawks when we're visiting family over there... this is exactly why!"

Bon fires, gasoline and fireworks do not play well together.

One thing you learn in the military... safety. It drives me nuts to see people doing things like that.

Krispy

2007/7/31 8:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy