SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is God the Father of All the Little Children? What Do You Believe?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
lejfricke

Chantilly, Virginia

Re:

What about, 'for all have sinned'? Even though this is a tough subject, on which everyone wants an answer, where do we find actual verses?

Where is the line drawn between inference and supposition?

Definitely not trying to be hard about this, it's a personal subject for me as well, I had a brother who was born prematurely and didn't make it.

I do find solid ground on the fact that The Judge of all the earth shall do right. However the means, I personally believe (though I cannot back it up in The Word) God would bestow mercy on little children.

2007/7/27 10:56Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

Quote:
Where does the bibles teach that a child does not have a conscience to Know what Good and Evil are?

Brother, come on. Where does the Bible teach one should not do marijuana, cocaine, crack, Tobacco,Amphetamines, Anabolic Steroids, etc?
The answer nowhere, but does that make it right? Answer:NO

Does the Bible specify if children can deferinciate between good and evil? No.

But the answer is logical because children are born without a knoladge of the outside world. All he cares is about his mother's milk. Later on all he cares is about playing with his toys. Then he begins to notice that perents start to tell him that he can not do sertain things because they are wrong. He may desobey his parents for a wile, but the day comes when he does it knowing that he is doing wrong. The day when his concience begins to tell him that he did wrong is the day he beggan to sin. After he does that for a wile over and over again his concience voice begins to soften, until he has done it so many times that his concience is completly dead. It takes conviction from the Holly Spirit to revive it again unto Salvation. Hope this cleard somthing. :lol:

2007/7/27 19:05Profile

Re:

LiveforGod,

Do have any children that I could pray for? Or any young ones in the family that need prayer? Thanks for replies... I'll keep searching the scriptures.

God bless you! -Abraham

2007/7/27 19:55

Re:

[i]"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."[/i] Matthew 19:14

And he laid his hands on their evil, wicked, little heads, and departed thence.

2007/7/28 10:11
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jam 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.

How would you know what is right?

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

If sin is not imputed until the law shows what sin is, when is sin revealed? When a person knows to do right, and does not do it, to know it is right they must have a knowledge of the law. Then when they choose not to do it, then it is sin and they are under condemnation and in need of a Savior. Christ died for the sin of the world. So until a person knowingly chooses not to do what is right, they are not under sin or condemnation. This would be different for each child. This is also up to God's mercy and Grace, mercy in the old testament and Grace in the New Testament by Faith of Jesus Christ.

Still a mystery? Until the mystery is revealed in each person for all have sinned, even little children will sin, when they know what is right and don't do it, it is sin. The mystery will save them. Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Little children making a decision to not do what is right to those that are deep in sin then must come to the mystery revealed in them by the Holy Spirit, That is "Christ in you the hope of Glory."

In Christ: Phillip

2007/7/28 11:54Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

Amen. Good responce Christinyou.

2007/7/28 15:32Profile

Re: Is God the Father of All the Little Children? What Do You Believe?

I liked Phillip's response also.

Going back to p1 though, hulsey quoted

Quote:
If you are speaking of infants, then I believe that though they are under the effects of original sin, they have not committed any actual sin, and if they perish, are elected to salvation.

then he said:

'This is the crux of the matter because to teach original sin in its completeness is to teach that we all sinned in Adam in the Garden. To be born with original sin is not to be born with just a disposition [b]but to be born guilty of sin.'[/b]

hulsey, I've seen this described as 'original guilt' in another thread, and noticed philologos said such a view is not supportable from scripture. But he does believe 'original sin' is.

How do you distinguish between 'original sin' and the apparent meaning of your statement - that babies are 'born guilty'?

2007/7/28 15:40
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
How do you distinguish between 'original sin' and the apparent meaning of your statement - that babies are 'born guilty'?

It's not the guilt of an individual sin, rather but the guilt of humanity. Adam's sin was twofold the way I see it. His sin was not only personal, but also representative.

[edit] I like how Bill Randles puts it. He said it's like when I decided to migrate to America. It happened when my ancestors came here. Personally I had no choice in the matter, but when they came, so did I. Likewise, Adam, our representative/proxy in the Garden, when he ate the forbidden fruit, so did we. But when the second Adam died on the cross and rose from the dead, so did we if we have faith in Him. :-)

2007/7/28 15:44Profile

Re:

Redeeming mankind has nothing to do with the law or when anyone comes into the knowledge of it. Redeeming mankind has to with satisifying a Holy God with regards to man's relation to/with sin; a Holy God who purposed in Himself to hava a vast Family of son's like Jesus. For that to happen the relationship man, through Adam, established with sin, must be broken. Man is now free, if he so desires, from that relationship. He receives his freedom by the Blood of the Lamb.

[i]"Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."[/i]
Revelation 12:10-11 (KJV)

2007/7/28 16:00

Re:

Mat 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Even in Jewish custom, they recognised an age of accountability.

But just adding to this all above, I believe in The Lord's "Foreknowledge" --- His Omniscience --- so when he told the Israelites to destroy even the children of a certain nation or sect, it was because even the children had been defiled.

My thought is, GOD is very just and tender toward children, at the same time, I have seen children who were possessed.

In GOD's Foreknowledge/Omniscience, I believe He sees how these children would decide if left to live till adulthood.

Just my thoughts. But we can no more judge which are going to heaven as we can judge which adults are, so we preach Christ to all that we can, of every age.
Samuel was 3 before he heard God for himself, but he had been instructed since birth by a Godly mother.

Parents determine an awful lot, because when that father brought his young son to Jesus to have Jesus cast the demon out of him, Jesus asked The father, how long had he been that way - some saying, he was putting some weight on the father for this, responsibilty wise and also, children are born with their own wills or temperments. Some as young as 1 or 2 showing signs of strong willed defiance and some of the same household at that age, showing kindness and thoughfulness. (?)
I think only God knows.

*Jesus loves the little children - all the children of the world - red and yellow - black and white - they are precious in His Sight - Jesus loves the little children of the World.*

Sorry, I just like that song. :-)

2007/7/28 17:03

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy