Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermonindex "over the net" prayer meeting

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

of course people can do this privately, but my idea was that there are some people who maybe don't have so much fellowship in prayer that could be blessed by this, and also it would be a blessed thing to pray with some of the brethrens and sisters that are "continually" on SI. Maybe one of those rooms on paltalk could be opened? if it should have connection to SI of course Greg would have to have the last word on this. My main thought was through PMs with some interested people share address on Skype and plan a day and time to meet for prayer. Or whatever we felt lead to do.

Ideas and constructive thinking is welcomed

God bless you all

Christian

2007/7/20 12:12Profile
FreebyWord

Re:International Prayer via Net

hmmm as I contemplate "prayer" and reading of the Word with the group, not talking and discussion, preaching, just prayer before God my heart overflows with joy at the thought.

Prayers of praise, prayers of encouragement, prayers to strengthen us on our way.

2007/7/20 12:18Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

FreebyWord wrote:

hmmm as I contemplate "prayer" and reading of the Word with the group, not talking and discussion, preaching, just prayer before God my heart overflows with joy at the thought.

Prayers of praise, prayers of encouragement, prayers to strengthen us on our way.

yes :-) my main "passion" about this would be prayer,talking and discussion can be done to but i feel no need to "organize" that, what makes a difference is prayer. And if we can somehow work this out it would be great i think. Somehow even as i dont speak so often with the most people here private, somehow i feel like i know you through reading many of the members posts, or they who post on regular basis, and some have i become good friends through PM and e-mails. I just wanted to go "one" step further and todays technology can be used for good!

anyway if thoose who are intrested can PM me their address on Skype and i will add them there and later on when i we know how to go about this i will let people know.

Luke 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

may this be an encouragement to seek HIM more for HIS glory

your brother in Christ

Christian

2007/7/20 12:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brothers and Sisters,

I would highly recommend you to organize "revival" prayer meetings in your local area with 1-2 like-minded brethren and see if God will grow it. This is the crying need of our day to have localized prayer meetings in churches crying out for a genuine move of the Spirit of God. I am involved in a prayer meeting for revival every monday night here in victoria and God has been faithful to meet with us with a burden to cry out for revival in our city and land.

2007/7/20 13:10Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I agree praying on skype is Good.
Praying where you are is very good too.
We need to be praying with those around us too.
even if is one I agree. may the Lord bring people we can pray with,

in his love
charlene

2007/7/20 13:23Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
I would highly recommend you to organize "revival" prayer meetings in your local area with 1-2 like-minded brethren and see if God will grow it. [b]This is the crying need of our day to have localized prayer meetings in churches crying out for a genuine move of the Spirit of God.[/b] I am involved in a prayer meeting for revival every monday night here in victoria and God has been faithful to meet with us with a burden to cry out for revival in our city and land.

Thank you Greg. I totally agree. I am trying to find someone with whom I can start praying (nightly if they're willing. I'm young and single so I have very few responsibilities.) for revival but am having difficulty since the people in my church have a distorted idea of what revival really is. I can't really share alot of my beliefs (or maybe I'm just too scared to) because they are quite different than those around me. I guess my point is that I would be ever so grateful if you all would pray that I could find someone with whom I can pray for God to come. To my area, and to my country.

2007/7/21 13:50Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I will pray for you it is hard to find peopel. But God can bring them to you. Really he can. I prayed and God had someone ask me. It was cool.
Anyways may God lead someone to you...

"If united prayer is sweet to God, let us give Him MUCH of it. We
cannot make God happier than He is in reality, for He is the infinitely
happy God. Yet, if there is anything concerning which He expresses
satisfaction, let us abound in it. O church of God, cry day and night to
Him. If your voice, O spouse, is sweet in His ears, turn not away your
face and let not your voice be silent. But cry, and even in the night
watches, pour out your heart like water before the Lord God.

." The prayers of a saint are sweet, but the
prayers of saints are sweeter. United prayers possess the power of
harmony. In music there is melody in any distinct note, but we have all
recognized a peculiar charm in harmony. Now the prayers of one saint are
to God melody, but the intercessions of many are harmony, and to God
there is much that is pleasing in the harmony of His people's prayers. "

"The Power of Prayer in a Believer's Life
Charles Spurgeon

May we grow deeper in prayer with body of Christ
in his love
charlene

2007/7/21 22:04Profile
vico

Re:

by sermonindex on 2007/7/20 13:10:04

Quote:
This is the crying need of our day to have localized prayer meetings in churches crying out for a genuine move of the Spirit of God.

Amen!

"Call upon me... I will answer"

"The eye of the Lord is upon the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry"

"...seek and ye shall find..."

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive."

"Turn us again, O LORD God of hosts, cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved."

"Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."

The Word of God is true, it cannot fail.

2007/7/21 22:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy