Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermonindex "over the net" prayer meeting

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Sermonindex "over the net" prayer meeting

*I just was introduced to a program called skype, like MSN messenger or similar programs, but this program Skype allows one with a microphone to talk over the internet, even many at the same time. So i was encouraged that people from opposite parts of the world could talk and pray together. And i thought came to me, that maybe people who use SI would be interested in this? meeting together for prayer over the internet.

The only problem as i could see it the time zones, but it is an interesting idea and it would be a blessing for people who maybe don't have a fellowship or people to pray with. Maybe something like this could encourage us to seek HIM even more and press on in prayer.

what do ya all think?

2007/7/20 4:49Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Sermonindex "over the net" prayer meeting

someone informed me this has been tried

Edit: or something similar. I was thinking of maybe once a week meeting with prayer or something

2007/7/20 4:52Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Sounds good in theory, but in practice?

Like you said, the time zones are a problem.

We had skype, but got rid of it. Don't know why really.

But, it's another idea.

God bless.

2007/7/20 7:11Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

I think it's a great idea and I also think that if the people envolved were interested enough even the time zoning wouldn't be too much of a problem. I wouldn't be able to be involved because of the proxy server and filter system here where I work but the idea thrills me. I'd love to see it happen anyway.

2007/7/20 8:18Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I like this idea. I have never used Skype myself but I hear it works well. There are a few other similar programs out there such a SIPphone or FreeWorldDialup that might also be used. I think they are all free as long as the calls are to other internet users, there is a charge for calls to landlines or cell phones. Here's more info for those interested...

[url=http://www.skype.com/]Skype[/url]

[url=http://www.sipphone.com/]SIPphone[/url]

[url=http://www.freeworlddialup.com/]FreeWorldDialup[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2007/7/20 9:38Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

InTheLight wrote:
I like this idea. I have never used Skype myself but I hear it works well.

yes, this is a very appealing idea to me to, i just wanted to see if people would find it to be a good idea to. And how it would be done i have no idea yet :-) but if people would like to we would work something out

2007/7/20 10:40Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

brothers you got a wonderful things going.
I have used skpy many times even with peopel on other side of the world. And it is great!! I have been praying with some people from SI each week for the upcoming Conference, The time can be worked out. PLEASE DON"T LET THAT STOP YOU!!!!! you can up to 9 people praying at one time. Although I ever had that many but why that would be neat... Brothers and sister this a wonderful thing....We need much prayer... It is easy. lets do it.. Don't miss such a blessing:)
YES YES YES I think it is a great idea.. work it out.... I will pray this will come into play...
I am so joyed by this. Let us pray and pray :)
In his love charlene

thank you hmmhmm for bring this up....

2007/7/20 11:39Profile

Hi brethren,

You have no idea how happy I am that someone has begun to think about this....

I posted in the Sermonindex Revival Conference thread in the Miracles (and prayer) Forum.

Skype is videocam ready and will take a total of nine people meeting at once, free.

I don't know about the other systems.

I have taken the 6am slot in mid Pacific, which works well with the sisters I pray with, but we would not mind being joined by a brother or two, at that time, if it suits your day better.

I feel four or five is enough for a meaninful prayer meeting (or three) if there are time constraints.

hmmhmm, we are 'meeting' once a week.... :-D

2007/7/20 11:42
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Here is a map link.

http://www.tiglion.com/travel/region/timezone.htm

here, s the time zone map

I am too.. so happy

charlene

2007/7/20 11:45Profile
FreebyWord

hmmm I've been part of a group that meets worldwide via Paltalk over the net twice a week for the past three years. It works very well with some ground rules of "raising your hand" and "waiting in line" before you speak over your mike and into the room. Those who don't abide by majority consent rules (in action and content) get "bounced" for 24 hours, some banned forever.

Basic Paltalk is free, I believe there's a small monthly charge if you upgrade some of its features. Paltalk has been around several years and it appears most bugs have been worked out of their system as it works well.

I don't know about universal video on the room, but you can have up to 200 people in a Paltalk room using just the audio.

Anyway I'd like very much to listen in to this Sermon Index group. Maybe approval from Greg would be warranted as SI was founded by him.

What appears easy, as anything, takes several dedicated administrators.

http://www.paltalk.com

Just as a side note, the group I participate in meets Wednesday and Sunday evenings, 7 p.m. U.S. Central time and on average 130 people "show up" in the room from all over the world--Australia and India even.

2007/7/20 12:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy