SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Coming as an Angel of Light

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Deceiving the Very Elect
by
Michael Clark

There is a line of reasoning that the enemy has sown among Christians that it is NOT possible to deceive the elect. Jesus forewarned:
For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand. (Matthew 24:24-25, NKJV).
These teachers would reason that the elect can't be deceived because they are the elect! This is what is called circular logic. No, not all the elect will be lost, but many of them will be deceived as Satan is let loose to do His evil in this hour we are in.
Paul warns the Church over and over against being deceived in the epistles as does John. Jesus told the disciples, "Take heed that no one deceives you." (Mark 13:5, NKJV).
Yes, dear ones, if you believe that you can't be deceived, then the enemy has already deceived you! Paul warned of this kind of arrogance when he said:
Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. (1 Corinthians 3:18, NKJV).
It is in our own self assured arrogance and wisdom that we deceive ourselves. John warned:
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:8, NKJV).

moe wrote: Pastorfrin I already posted this somewhere but I could't find it so here goes.
For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand. (Matthew 24:24-25, NKJV).

The KJV says if possible, now when I conbine that with being in Christ and being guided into all truth. I might add the christian can deceived by the devil into sin and it happens all time. It has in my life many times. That is called in the flesh. When we obey it is called walking in the SPIRIT. A christian who has been indwelled with HIS Spirit and walks in it and stays in HIS WORD to show himself to be a workman approved of God and considers, not just part the scriptures but all of but all scripture to be God breathed and useful for rebuking, istructing and correcting himself in righteousness, he can be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

As you now anyone can be equipped and still not utilize HIS given equipment and be deceived. This was what Paul was talking about I believe. He was also addressing everyone who would read what he wrote in the future until Jesus returns. Now faith is the substance of things that are not seen. By grace you are saved, through faith, it is a gift of God, lest any man should boast, we are his workmanship, created unto goods works, which he prepared in advance that we should walk in them. Not because of good works.

Any confidence that I have is not in me, but in HIM. For I am convinced He is able to keep what I have committed to HIM against that day. He who began a good work in me is able to finish that which HE started. Not by my might, or my power, but by HIS Spirit sayeth the Lord. I imagine many thought people tought the Apostles were arragant too. Am I proclaiming Apostleship. NO. Sinner saved by grace. With you too He_Riegns. Am I clear on that?
Love you brother.
Moe

2007/9/18 1:02

Re:

Brother Frin, that was an incredible piece you've posted. Copied to keep. Much obliged Sir.

2007/9/18 1:14

Re:Deceiving the Very Elect

Deceiving the Very Elect
by
Michael Clark

There is a line of reasoning that the enemy has sown among Christians that it is NOT possible to deceive the elect. Jesus forewarned:
These teachers would reason that the elect can't be deceived because they are the elect! This is what is called circular logic. No, not all the elect will be lost, but many of them will be deceived as Satan is let loose to do His evil in this hour we are in.
Paul warns the Church over and over against being deceived in the epistles as does John. Jesus told the disciples, "Take heed that no one deceives you." (Mark 13:5, NKJV).
Yes, dear ones, if you believe that you can't be deceived, then the enemy has already deceived you! Paul warned of this kind of arrogance when he said:
Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. (1 Corinthians 3:18, NKJV).
It is in our own self assured arrogance and wisdom that we deceive ourselves. John warned:
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:8, NKJV).
You see it is in harboring deception in our hearts by our unwillingness to believe that we could be wrong, or by thinking that we have everything in these end times figured out, or that we can not sin, that we are made a perfect candidate for the wicked one to set up his throne in our hearts.
Tell me this. Where according to the New Testament is the temple of God? In our hearts, right? Paul wrote:
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people." (2 Corinthians 6:16, NKJV).
Then if the temple of God is in the hearts of all who make up the Church, why are we looking toward Jerusalem and waiting to see the Antichrist sit on a throne in the temple over there? Could there not be a "great falling away" due to the displacing of Christ in the hearts of the believers by the enemy himself? Antichrist not only means "against Christ," but "instead of Christ."
• We displace Jesus with men when we look to them to teach us instead of first seeking our guidance from His Spirit. (John 14:26 &1 John 2:27)
•
• We displace Jesus when we harbor sin in our hearts. (Matt. 6:23)

• We displace Jesus when we seek honor from men. (John 5:44)

• We displace Jesus when the things of this world take His place. (Matt. 6:24)

• We displace Jesus when we love our families or people more than Him. (Luke 14:26)
John wrote in one of his letters:
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us. (1 John 2:18-19, NKJV).
Yes, they were once part of US!!! Part of you! Part of me! Repentance dislodges them out of our hearts. If we don't repent we will eventually leave the fellowship of true believers and follow this spirit. Some who have this spirit resident in them, take a following when they leave. This is how cults are formed.
What is our safeguard? Jesus said of Himself,
I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. (John 14:30, NKJV).
This should be our constant prayer that Jesus would so refine our hearts that we too could stand in THIS holy place where He stood. We, too, should pray that the Prince of this world could come and find nothing in us.
Isn't this the very thing that Paul foretold when he warned of the enemy coming with great "dunamis" power to deceive?
Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, NKJV).
He continues:
The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12, NKJV).
You see it is one thing to sin, but it is another thing to sin and block out the convicting power of God that strives to bring you to repentance. This is known as hardening your heart. If you dare to harbor your sin and continue to "have pleasure in unrighteousness" God will be forced to send you a "strong delusion" that you should continue to believe your lie. This is not a time to be playing games with God and presuming on His grace to keep you while you continue in sin. He is separating the sheep from the goats even now. David prayed:
Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, And I shall be innocent of great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer. (Psalms 19:12-14, NKJV).
I was deceived for over a year that a particular sin that I was engaged in was really "spiritual." I won't go into details but the enemy is very good at what he does and there were even other Christians that agreed with him. But the one thing I could not do was block out the guilt. I would repent, then fall for this sin again and the guilt came back. I also had been given many words of prophesy and warnings from various folks that what I was doing was NOT spiritual. Finally, the word of the Lord came to me through a brother in such a way, naming the deceiving spirit, that the power of the delusion was broken and I once and for all repented and cut myself off from any further opportunity for this sin. Paul told Timothy, "You are a strong man in Christ. You can handle any temptation." NO!!! He said to Timothy, "Flee those youthful lusts!" If a temptation comes your way, don't play around with it, RUN!
So, dear brothers and sisters, I hope that you can learn from my bad example and the things that I have learned in the process of recovery and not "think more highly of yourselves than you ought to think." This is the first step to deception. Humble yourselves under the might hand of God. When He lifts you up you will hardly notice it happening and you will less likely be tempted to leave your humility behind, or trade it for a false humility and more deception.
Heed Daniel's warning and watch out for flattering words, for these spirits seek to captivate and plunder you.
"Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits. And those of the people who understand shall instruct many; yet for many days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering. Now when they fall, they shall be aided with a little help; but many shall join with them by intrigue. And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time. (Daniel 11:32-35, NKJV).
Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (Ephesians 6:13, NKJV).
Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God. (Matthew 5:8, NKJV).

[posted by pastorfrin]

2007/9/18 20:46

Re:

[u]Compare Christ's Love to other types.[/u]
----------------------------------------------
[b]"Let's Love One Another" - Loving One Another At The Expense Of Truth.[/b]
by Ed Tarkowski

29 The most important one [commandment] is this: "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. 31 The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these" (Mark 12).
How often we have heard these verses quoted in Christian circles as the standard for the life of the Christian today. But it seems many don't realize that there are great dangers associated with these commands when they are not taken in their proper context. These dangers lie, not in what these verses say, but in what they don't say. The common tendency appears to be to take what they do say as the only designated standard for the Christian life without examining the Scriptures in a deeper way. Let us take a look at the hidden dangers in having such a mindset of "Let's just love one another."

LOVING THE LORD OUR GOD IS TO OBEY HIS COMMANDS
According to Proverbs 3, love has a complementary partner:

3 "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart."
Jesus certainly loved everybody - the Pharisees and the hypocrites and the sinners in the street and also those who followed Him - He died for them all. But He never allowed His love for them to compromise His faithfulness to what the Father said He should say or do:

49 "For I do not speak on my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it" (John 12).
28 ". . . I can do nothing on my own but speak what the Father has taught me. . . If you hold to my teaching, you are REALLY my disciples" (John 8).

One of the things the Father commanded Jesus to say is found in our Lord's words in John 13:

34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By THIS men WILL KNOW you are my disciples, if you love one another."
So, though Jesus said men will know His disciples by their love for one another, He also gave a standard to determine who His disciples really are: those who held to His teachings because they loved Him, and His teachings involved much more than just loving one another. So it is not just a matter of loving one another, but remaining in His love by holding to all His commands given by the Father:

9 "Now REMAIN in my love. IF you obey my commands, you will REMAIN in my love just as I HAVE OBEYED my Father's commands AND REMAIN in his love" (John 15).
In order to remain in God's love, we must obey His commands just as He obeyed the Father's. If we don't obey His commands as our priority, we will not remain in His love and we will be unable to love one another:

9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love" (John 15).

LOVING ONE ANOTHER AND OUR NEIGHBOR AS OURSELVES

2 "This is how we know that we love the children of God, by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome" (1 John 5).
How do we know we are truly loving our brothers and sisters? These two verses describe what it is to love God: "obey his commands." If we do that, "we know that we love the children of God." One cannot say,

20 "'I love God,' yet [hate] his brother. . . For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen" (1 John 4).
The commands to be obeyed and the love manifested toward our brothers and sisters because we love God are also covered by John, and they hang directly upon the truth of God's word. First, John says,

3 "We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, 'I know him,' but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him" (1 John 2).
But then John brings in the aspect of obedience to the word of God:

5 "But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him."
So obedience to the commands of God's revealed truth perfects our love, and it is the truth that completes God's formation of Himself in us. This conforming us to the image and likeness of Christ is God's main goal in our lives:

28 "For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the first-born among many brothers" (Romans 8).
So, we can't be conformed to Christ without obeying the commands of God, nor can we love like Jesus did unless we do adhere to the truth. We cannot have one without the other. All of this comes to the point in the second part of v. 5 and also v. 6:

"This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did."
So, all of this finds its full meaning in Jesus, who came because He loved His Father and us, but He came and walked, not just in love, but in truth. Indeed, He was and is the expression of the truth of God's love for us all.

LOVING ONE ANOTHER AT THE EXPENSE OF TRUTH IS A DOOR TO DECEPTION

So we must obey His commands to remain in his love. It would not be loving the Lord our God if we didn't. And it is faithfulness to the command that keeps us from going astray into loving one another at the expense of truth. Matthew 24:10-13 and John 16:1-4 demonstrate the results of departing from faithfulness to His commands:

10 "At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved" (Matthew 24).
1 "All this I have told you so that you will not go astray. 2 They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering services to God. 3 They will do such things because they have not know the Father or me. 4 I have told you this, so that when the time comes you will remember that I warned you" (John 16).

"Many will turn away from the faith. . . . The love of most will grow cold." Why would their love grow cold? Because they listen to the false prophets, because they failed to heed all His commands right up to the end. I have watched the "Let's just love one another" gospel for years - over twenty in fact - and it always - always - brings destruction of one sort or another.

Jesus commanded His Church: Love one another. Then He sent the Holy Spirit to empower it to do so. The early Church stood in the grace of salvation filled with the love of God by the Spirit of God. But to them, He was not just a Spirit of love, but a Spirit of truth, as well:

2 "We have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. . . 5 God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit he has given us" (Romans 5).
16 "And I will ask the Father and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - 17 the Spirit of truth" (John 14).

They understood the connection in these words of Jesus:

15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command" (John 14).
So, first we had the command to love Him by obeying what He commands. Jesus further qualifies our love for Him in verse 21:

21 "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me."
The commands of our Lord Jesus Christ are so intertwined that to "just love one another" falls way short of what the Scriptures really say. Even Paul reiterated this same pattern in Scripture:

6 "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love" (Gal. 5).
But this cannot negate walking in truth because we do disagree with one another - quite often in fact. Just loving one another will only leave us loving one another without any way to overcome our differences and divisions. Those differences are, I believe, are a doorway to the deceptions of the enemy, and that is why John brings in truth and adds it to love. In this way we overcome the enemy's attempts at infiltration:

14 "I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one" (1 John 2).
So the foundation comes back to God's word: obeys its commands and thus perfect our love and thus overcome the enemy. And John gives other reasons for us walking in the truth:

1 "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world" (1 John 4).
7 "Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray" (1 John 3).

Loving one another alone doesn't accomplish this. Truth completes and protects the love we have for one another and keeps us from the deceptive "Let's just love one another" message of the false prophets. Without truth, we WILL end up hating one another, which is what our adversary wants:

14 "We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. . . 15 Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him" (1 John 3).
This only leads us back to what I said before, that a Church that just loves one another, apart from clinging to the truth of God's word, will end up doing just this:

10 "At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, . . . 12 the love of most will grow cold" (Matthew 24).
2 ". . . in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering services to God. 3 They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. 4 I have told you this, so that when the time comes you will remember that I warned you" (John 16).

Love, the truth, knowing God, walking as Jesus walked in the fullness of the Holy Spirit - Jesus talked of these same things as necessary parts of a whole life. Unless we stop and hear the whole counsel of God in regard to one another, we will fall to the spirit of error and be led astray. We need to recognize this situation:

6 "We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood" (1 John 4).
Every day there are greater and greater divisions in the end-time Church, and part of the reason for this is that the enemy has brought a very nice thought to the Church: "Let's just love one another." By having accepted such a tempting idea, truth has taken wing and the Church is being split. Why? because it is the last hour, because part of the Church has decided to love without adherence to the truth about experiences and phenomena, even stating that the they are diverse and not commanded by the Lord. Thus 1 John 2:18-19 is playing an important part in the life of the Church:

18 "Dear children, this is the last hour, and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us" (1 John 2).

-----------------------------------------------

'Discern' the difference by what is on this link - Warning: This is not a Christian Site.
http://www.spiritofgoodwill.org/divine_love.asp

------------------------------------------------

Paul said "prophecy" was the gift we should pray for - but Sir - I wish he had said "discernment".
Dear God, we need discernment in The Church.

2007/9/18 21:10

Re: Coming as an Angel of Light

[b]Carter, Clinton Join to Reshape Baptist Image[/b]
[Excerpts]By Lillian Kwon
Christian Post Reporter
Tue, Jan. 09 2007 03:17 PM ET

Former Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton are part of an initiative to create a new Baptist voice and improve the negative image of Baptists in North America.

[ http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?&pid=658&srcid=348 ]

Former Presidents Bill Clinton, and Jimmy Carter talk before a State Funeral service for former President Gerald Ford at the Washington National Cathedral in Washington Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2007.
An annual North American Baptist Fellowship meeting in Atlanta, Ga., was scheduled to conclude Tuesday morning at the Carter Center with the announcement of [u]a historic 2008 convocation.[/u]

The convocation, part of Carter's new Baptist voice [u]initiative[/u], is expected to draw more than 20,000 Baptist participants from throughout the United States and Canada in an effort to counter the negative and judgmental image of Baptists, according to the Associated Baptist Press.

According to Carter, the most common opinion about Baptists is that they cannot get along. Carter alluded to the schism the Southern Baptist Convention experienced two decades ago.

Southern Baptist representatives have not been involved in the Carter initiative so far, the Associated Baptist Press reported, but organizers say they hope the 2008 convocation can include SBC leaders and other conservatives who are open to working with a diverse array of Baptists.

Carter, member of Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, Ga., and Clinton, member of Immanuel Baptist Church in Little Rock, Ark., are slated to speak at the convocation. Both identify with more progressive Baptist groups.

Last April, Baptist leaders signed the North American Baptist Covenant in a commitment to "work together to create an authentic and genuine prophetic Baptist voice in these complex times."

The convocation is scheduled for Jan. 30 - Feb. 1, 2008.

[b] http://lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/index.php?cat=9 [/b]

2007/9/19 15:17
pastorfrin

Re: The 'angel of light'

Brothers and Sisters,
Some thoughts on how the ‘angel of light’ is at work deceiving those in the church today. I believe you will find this very enlightening.

The AntiChrist Spirit Pt. 1
By Michael Clark

As we approach the end of the age we are seeing Satan take ever bolder steps to be the "lord of all". He is trying to solidify his stranglehold on all of God's creation and the Church is not exempt.
Most Christians and their leaders are looking across the ocean to see a man called the Antichrist sit himself down on a throne in a new temple to be built in Jerusalem. I maintain that this has already happened in the true temple of God. The antichrist is right in our midst and many of us are totally blind to his presence. Paul the apostle warned the infant Church what to expect of Satan when he wrote,
...who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
(2 Thessalonians 2:4, NKJV).
I have one question. Who according to the New testament is the temple of God? Doesn't the Word say that the Church is God's temple?
Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
(1 Corinthians 3:16, NKJV).
Could it be that the antichrist has already found his throne in some of our hearts? According to the apostle John, the antichrist is already setting up house right in the Church.
18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us. (1 John 2:18-19, NKJV).
Just as Tobiah set up house in the temple store rooms in Nehemiah's day (see Neh. 13: 7-9) and thereby displaced the Levitical priesthood of its source of supply, so is this antichrist spirit stealing from God's holy priesthood, the Church, and displacing it today. As John said, "They went out from us... that none of them were of us." When we think of ourselves as being just a little bit better than the rest of the saints, we go out from them in spirit and set ourselves apart.
We need not to be looking for it to happen in Jerusalem. We need to be looking in our own congregations and in our hearts. Let me enlarge on this theme and maybe you, too, will see the antichrist at work in your fellowship.

continued:

2007/9/23 19:18Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

The AntiChrist Spirit Pt. 2
By Michael Clark

---The Doctrine of the Nicolaitans---
In the Revelation, chapter two, Jesus is hating the deeds of the Nicolaitans and commending the church for doing the same. If Jesus hates something it must really be bad! It is interesting to read today's church commentaries on this subject. Boy, do they sashay around this one!
Names in the Bible are meaningful. When a man or woman of God had a name that didn't describe them as God saw them, God would change that persons name so that it matched how He saw them. For instance, Abram was changed to Abraham, Sarai to Sarah, Jacob to Israel, Simon was changed to Peter and Saul to Paul.
For me, the easiest way to find out what that doctrine is when the Bible doesn't outwardly define it, is to simply break down the meaning of the name:
3531 Nikolaites {nik-ol-ah-ee'-tace}
from 3532;; n pr m
Nicolaitan = "destruction of people"
Or more explicitly:
3532 Nikolaos {nik-ol'-ah-os}
from 3534 and 2994;; n pr m
3534 nikos {nee'-kos}
from 3529; TDNT - 4:942,634; n n
1) victory
2) to utterly vanquish
and 2994 which is from:
2992 laos {lah-os'}
apparently a primary word; TDNT - 4:29,499; n m
1) a people, people group, tribe, nation, all those who are of
the same stock and language
2) of a great part of the population gathered together anywhere
We get the word "laity" from the Latin form of this word. By the way,
according to my dictionary, the meaning of LAITY: "THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS OF A CHURCH BUT ARE NOT ORDAINED FOR RELIGIOUS WORK." So much for the members of Christ being a "royal priesthood" (1 Pet. 2:9)!"
I believe that the doctrine of clergy / laity separation is a doctrine of demons which has demobilized the Church and sapped its power. It is so good to see the saints exercising their priesthood through the internet with web sights and on talk lists, and in house gatherings, encouraging one another to do the work of the ministry. For so long we who are Christ's have been controlled and muzzled by he who has the pulpit.
In other words a Nicolaitan is one who "utterly vanquishes the people who gather together" or "UTTERLY CONQUERS THE CONGREGATION." Many congregations in America and the "free world" are made up of a beaten down group of people. The one who rules over them is usually the one who can out-argue and intimidate everyone else in the group. And for every one of these conquering church leaders there is a following who desires to have a king over them and in so doing rejects the lordship of Jesus himself. The prophet Samuel wrote of this same situation in His day.
Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah, and said to him, "Look, you are old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now make us a king to judge us like all the nations."

But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." So Samuel prayed to the LORD.

And the LORD said to Samuel, "Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have not rejected you, but thye have rejected Me, that I should not reign over them. (1 Samuel 8:4-7, NKJV).
Jeremiah wrote of this usurping of God's leading of the congregation in his day by false prophets and false priests.
The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule by their own power, and my people love to have it so. But what will you do in the end? (Jeremiah 5:31, NKJV).
"But what will YOU DO in the end?" If it was like this in Jeremiah's day, how much more true it is in this last hour of the "Church age."

2007/9/24 5:04Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

The AntiChrist Spirit Pt. 3
By Michael Clark

--Loving the Preeminence--
There is another reference in the New Testament to this tendency which God hates among church leaders. John wrote in his third epistle:
I wrote to the church, but DIOTREPHES, WHO LOVES TO HAVE THE PREEMINENCE among them, does not receive us. (3 John 1:9, NKJV).
The word "preeminence" is from the Greek word:
5383 philoproteuo {fil-op-rote-yoo'-o} from a compound of 5384 and 4413; to aspire to preeminence, TO DESIRE TO BE FIRST
This spirit of "ME FIRST" has a choke hold on most of the Church today and Jesus still hates it! Pastors are clamoring for control over the people and people are clamoring to gain power and preeminence through their ministries over one another. People are even clamoring for money and power under this false "prosperity doctrine."
When the disciples were vying for preeminence over each other at the last supper, Jesus addressed their sin by showing himself to be of an opposite spirit. He took the position of the lowest slave and washed their feet.
Now there was also a dispute among them, as to which of them should be considered the greatest. And He said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles EXERCISE LORDSHIP over them, and those who EXERCISE AUTHORITY over them are called benefactors. But not so among you; on the contrary, he who is greatest among you, let him be as the younger, and he who governs as he who serves. For who is greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? Is it not he who sits at the table? Yet I am among you as the One who serves." (Luke 22:24-27, NKJV).
The Greek word for the phrase "exercise lordship" in verse 25 is:
2961 kurieuo {ko-ree-yoo'-o} 1) to be lord of, to rule, have dominion over 2) of things and forces 2a) to exercise influence upon, TO HAVE POWER OVER
The word translated as "exercise authority" in this verse is:
1850 exousiazo {ex-oo-see-ad'-zo} 1) to have power or authority, use power 1a) TO BE MASTER OF ANY ONE, EXERCISE AUTHORITY OVER ONE 1b) to be master of the body 1b1) TO HAVE FULL AND ENTIRE AUTHORITY OVER THE BODY 1b2) to hold the body subject to one's will 1c) to be brought under the power of anyone
When a person uses fleshly, soulish power "to have full and entire authority over the body," Jesus' Church, it is a sin against the Church and against Christ. Yet, this is a common attitude of many in the Church today! GOD HATES IT!!!

continued:

2007/9/24 17:42Profile
psalm1

Re:

littlegift, you wrote on 9/4/07 that you believe predestination and freewill are both true.
....Me too
David

2007/9/24 18:15Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

The AntiChrist Spirit Pt. 4
By Michael Clark

--The Antichrist Spirit Has Its Roots in Satan Himself--
Why does God hate it so when men exalt themselves over His sheep? Because it is modeled after the works of Satan! Multiple eldership is God's model for leadership in both the Old and New Testament. He seeks a multitude of godly councilors who speak His voice to lead his people in each gathering to Jesus. Even the Hebrew Kings, who were a leadership model not of God's doing, had multiple councilors that they listened to and confided in.
I would like you to consider this passage which shows Satan's mode of leadership. It is a real eye opener when used to see how the desire for preeminence operates in our Church gatherings.
HELL FROM BENEATH IS EXCITED ABOUT YOU, TO MEET YOU AT YOUR COMING; It stirs up the dead for you, ALL THE CHIEF ONES OF THE EARTH; IT HAS RAISED UP FROM THEIR THRONES ALL THE KINGS OF THE NATIONS. They all shall speak and say to you: "Have you also become as weak as we? HAVE YOU BECOME LIKE US? Your pomp is brought down to Sheol, And the sound of your stringed instruments; The maggot is spread under you, And worms cover you."

HOW YOU ARE FALLEN FROM HEAVEN, O LUCIFER, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, YOU WHO WEAKENED THE NATIONS! FOR YOU HAVE SAID IN YOUR HEART: "I WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN, I WILL EXALT MY THRONE ABOVE THE STARS OF GOD; I WILL ALSO SIT ON THE MOUNT OF THE CONGREGATION ON THE FARTHEST SIDES OF THE NORTH; I WILL ASCEND ABOVE THE HEIGHTS OF THE CLOUDS, I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH."
Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit. Those who see you will gaze at you, And consider you, saying: "Is this the man who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms, who made the world as a wilderness And destroyed its cities, WHO DID NOT OPEN THE HOUSE OF HIS PRISONERS?" (Isaiah 14:9-17)
In verse nine above, all of the kings of the earth are excited about Lucifer. He is the one who lords over the people as they do. And in verse ten these kings admit that Lucifer and they are alike! In verse twelve Lucifer is said to be the one who "weakened the nations." The Hebrew word for nations here is "gowy" and it is the counterpart to the Greek "lao" or THE PEOPLE. Lucifer uses preeminent leaders to weaken the people of God as well as the nations.
Is it any wonder that the early Church was admired, feared, and accused of "turning the world upside down" and that today's church is mocked and counted as irrelevant in our society? The early church had multiple godly men and women in each location ministering in the Spirit and multiple elders, but today's modern churches almost always have a tight fisted all controlling "pastor" who controls all ministry and rules over all. And by the way, there is no such thing as a "senior elder" in the Bible.
In verse 13 the phrase "the farthest sides of the north" refers to the utmost reaches of Zion, the true spiritual people of God, the city of God, the New Jerusalem (Ps 48:1,2). The heart of Lucifer is to rule over all of God's people, to "sit on the mount of the congregation," to rule over all of God's holy angels, and to be elevated to the position of God Himself. This is the spirit of antichrist.
ANTICHRIST MEANS not only against Christ, but IN THE PLACE OF CHRIST. Those who exalt themselves above God's people are operating in the antichrist spirit. Let's look at the meaning of antichrist:
500 antichristos {an-tee'-khris-tos} from 473 and 5547; TDNT - 9:493,1322; n m 1) the adversary of the Messiah
473 anti {an-tee'} 1) over against, opposite to, BEFORE 2) for, INSTEAD OF, IN PLACE OF (something)
5547 Christos {khris-tos'} Christ = "anointed" 1) Christ was the Messiah, the Son of God 2) anointed
Literally antichrist means "against Christ" or "INSTEAD OF CHRIST" and "BEFORE CHRIST"... The Antichrist is the king of the "thieves and robbers!"

continued:

2007/9/25 4:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy