SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Coming as an Angel of Light

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread









 Re:

Quote:

Nile wrote:
Quote:
You still havent answered my questions:
tell me why so many Christians are fooled by the TBN crowd.
&
Tell me why God wasn't giving her or my wife discernment on exactly who the false prophets were?



Good questions Logic.

moe wrote: I don't know about your wife. You ought to know more about her than anyone does. Why ask me? ALL I know is the scripture gives us all instructions on marriage and tells the believer to make sure to marry another believer I would say that was the best appropriate answer I could give to your question and was it Nile's question???:roll: If the blind lead the blind they both fall in the ditch right. The great thing about is often he has mercy on us and saved them or us even after we are disobedient in HIS instructions. Grace and mercy He has much of that.

 2007/9/5 8:29
ginnyrose
Member



Joined: 2004/7/7
Posts: 7480
Mississippi

 Re: Coming as an Angel of Light

Pastor,

I have been thinking about the 'Angel of Light' concept a lot in recent months. While the text suggests a huge manifestation of this deception, I ponder it on the level of where I live in my rural, farming community. The only contact one has here of the 'big fellows' is via the media and if your exposure to that is limited or nonexistant, the question comes: who is that? In this sense all I know about these 'big guys' is what I have read. Never saw them on tv or read any of their lit.

On the personal level. The people we meet. After all, did these 'big guys' not start out small somewhere and got 'big' with the support from people at the grassroots level? (If I am wrong, let me know - on the other hand IF I am wrong, someone surely on SI will let YOU know that! :-P ) Now, when I see deception on the personal level in my community, what is my reaction?

I have witnessed deception on the personal level. They are knowledgeable about the Scriptures, know the 'talk' and can sway people to their way of thinking easily. If all you do is listen when their public persona is on parade, one can be easily persuaded - unless you listen with your spirit. Red flags crop up. No logial reasons perhaps except that something does not [i]seem[/i] right. So if you listen, it will become apparent - eventually - what it is. Then you have a few options: walk away, confront and then warn others. The latter will not go very far in helping you to to win friends and influence people.

What is the telltale evidence of their deception? In the ones I have seen it is the sin of Anger and all its different forms: malice, evil imaginations, wrath, coveteousness, etc. Confront them and you will evoke anger...you cannot reason with them. You speak softly and it will make no difference. It seems as though when they see you are not marching in their parade, it angers them so that no matter what you say, they will get all fired up.

Wonder what would have happened to 'the big boys' if people would have used discernment at the beginning of their ministry? As I understand the warnings, it is talking about a situation in which deception has gone to seed. The challenge to me - where I live - is to stop it at the grass roots level lest it grow and engulf others....

BTW, has anyone ever seen a famoous false teacher repent? I have not, but then maybe I am ignorant of it.

Thanks for the post, Pastor.

ginnyrose


_________________
Sandra Miller

 2007/9/5 8:38Profile
pastorfrin
Member



Joined: 2006/1/19
Posts: 1406


 Re:

Hi ginnyrose,

You are most welcome.

You have hit on a point that is very important and I would say is where most deception occurs; right where we live and fellowship. I think there was a time and maybe in small churches this can still be and should be addressed.
There is a problem though in the large churches and the big ministries where false doctrine is spreading like wildfire. In the large situations anyone who speaks against the teachings of these ministries, immediately become enemies who are branded as fighting against the work of God’s anointed. We are protected in a sense by being small and not being subjected to so much of this; still, we must continue to be on guard for what may and will try to creep in.
When I preach or teach, I insist that those in attendance follow along in the Word and if they have a question, to ask and thus a teaching may take place in which dispels many misunderstandings and heads off many problems before they have a chance to get rolling.
Imagine raising your hand to ask a question in a large assembly.

What we must remember, is the enemy will use anyone who is willing, and many times unknowing that they are his tool.
Jesus said “it is written” and if we do not know Jesus Christ, and have buried deep in our hearts, His Word, we will be deceived.
Why do people follow false doctrine and those who teach it? Is it not because it sounds good and promises so much for so little. This is why the masses follow it and why Jesus so clearly stated:

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Luke 13:24
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Those who follow the masses, who long and strive to be in the crowd, will find on that day the truth was in His Word and it was ignored to be accepted into the crowd; thus these chilling words will be heard:

Matthew 7:22-23
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Many today, seem to have a hard time getting their minds around, strait, narrow, and few;
Instead they choose to follow, wide, broad, and many. These seem to be the key words for deception.

In His Love
pastorfrin

 2007/9/5 19:29Profile
Logic
Member



Joined: 2005/7/17
Posts: 1791


 Re:

Quote:
moe_mac wrote:
moe wrote: I don't know about your wife. You ought to know more about her than anyone does. Why ask me?

My point was that she was a christian being deceived by those false prophets.

How was it that she was deceived while being a christain when you say that christians can not be.
Quote:
ALL I know is the scripture gives us all instructions on marriage and tells the believer to make sure to marry another believer I would say that was the best appropriate answer I could

Quit being so aragant. She was a christian(believer) befor she married me.
She even prayed for a christian husband.

If a Christians stay under the teaching of those false prophets, he would eventualy fall into some damnable herasy and no longer proclaim the true Gosple.

 2007/9/5 20:36Profile









 Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Quote:
moe_mac wrote:
moe wrote: I don't know about your wife. You ought to know more about her than anyone does. Why ask me?

My point was that she was a christian being deceived by those false prophets.

How was it that she was deceived while being a christain when you say that christians can not be.
Quote:
ALL I know is the scripture gives us all instructions on marriage and tells the believer to make sure to marry another believer I would say that was the best appropriate answer I could


[u]Quit being so aragant.[/u]
She was a christian(believer) befor she married me.
She even prayed for a christian husband.

If a Christians stay under the teaching of those false prophets, he would eventualy fall into some damnable herasy and no longer proclaim the true Gosple.



moe wrote:
I guess I'll have to change my arogance from what I said in my post on this subject:

[color=993300]Without HIM (Jesus) we are nothing. It is in HIM and through HIM that everything finds it's purpose. If we boast about anything, let us boast about HIM.[/color]

If you feel I'm arogant the only thing I know I can do is to change my arogance to please you is change my thought, so here it is.

[color=003399]Without HIM (Jesus) we are nothing. It is in HIM and through HIM that everything finds it's purpose. If we boast about anything, let us boast about HIM.[/color]

 2007/9/6 8:26
Logic
Member



Joined: 2005/7/17
Posts: 1791


 Re:

Quote:
moe_mac wrote:
I guess I'll have to change my arogance from what I said in my post on this subject:

Do you know why I thought you were aragont?

It is because a person was't a christian just because she was decieved by the false prophets.
Then you had the gall to think that I'de marry a non-christian.

Iv'e never heard of non-christians following anyone religious even a false prophet, why do you think that the un-saved would be deieved by a false prophet?
Every one at Benny Hinn confrence would be a confessed christian, one can not say they none of them are true chritians, that would be greatly presumsous.

 2007/9/6 8:59Profile









 Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Quote:
moe_mac wrote:
I guess I'll have to change my arogance from what I said in my post on this subject:


Logic wrote: Do you know why I thought you were aragont?

It is because a person wasn't a christian just because she was decieved by the false prophets.
Then you had the gall to think that I'de marry a non-christian.

Iv'e never heard of non-christians following anyone religious even a false prophet, why do you think that the un-saved would be deieved by a false prophet?
Every one at Benny Hinn confrence would be a confessed christian, one can not say they none of them are true chritians, that would be greatly presumsous.




[color=003399]moe wrote:
First of all I was only giving God's instruction in selecting a marriage partner, not implying anything about your marriage because I don't know.

Second, I did not say anything about whether my thoughts were either your wife was or yourself had been, was then ,are now, or were not now, or was now christians.

Third you completely ignored everything that I wrote in the post you responded to only what you wanted to debate, useless response other than an opportunity it seems you wanted to bash.

Fourth, if you want to preach that fact a christian can be indwelled with God's Spirit and stay completely in the dark about whether a preacher or anyone else is speaking truth or not after you have observe them for a time, then go right ahead, but don't be surprized if post a reply with the scripture saying differently.

Look at this physical miracle Jesus performed and then look at it in a spiritual sense now, although he did it in the physical and still does it now in the physical and the spiritual. I believe Jesus was sending us spiritual messages when he performed all the physical miracles recorded in scripture and the Bible tells us He did many more before the cross that was not recorded and we know many more since.[/color]
Mark 8:23-25
23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and[u] saw every man clearly[/u].
KJV

[color=003399]And this one also.[/color]
Matt 7:16-20
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20[u] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.[/u]
KJV


When reading about the false teachers in 2nd Peter don't quit on verse 1 go on down through verse 10.
2 Peter 2:9-10

[u]The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations,[/u] and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
KJV


Heb 5:13-6:1
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14[u] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.[/u]
KJV

[color=003399]What things did John write that preceeded this statement?[/color]
1 John 5:13
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
KJV


1 John 5:9-10
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
KJV


1 John 4:4-6
4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them,[u] because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.[/u] 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6[u] We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.[/u]


What is the world saying about all the issues in todays news and who is listening to them?

 2007/9/6 11:54
Logic
Member



Joined: 2005/7/17
Posts: 1791


 Re:

Quote:
moe_mac wrote:
hird you completely ignored everything that I wrote in the post you responded to only what you wanted to debate, useless response other than an opportunity it seems you wanted to bash.

Wrong, I have never bashed.

I only want it to be cleare that it is possible for christians to be deceived.

 2007/9/6 17:02Profile
pastorfrin
Member



Joined: 2006/1/19
Posts: 1406


 Re:


Matthew 4:1-11
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. [2] And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. [3] And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. [4] But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. [5] Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, [6] And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. [7] Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. [8] Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; [9] And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. [10] Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. [11] Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.


Jesus withstood these temptations, with it is written.
Has the 'church' today, where in so many a bible is never opened, been deceived by the very temptations Satan used against Jesus?

He cometh as an 'angel of light'.

In His Love
pastorfrin


 2007/9/14 21:24Profile
pastorfrin
Member



Joined: 2006/1/19
Posts: 1406


 Re: Deceiving the Very Elect

Deceiving the Very Elect
by
Michael Clark
________________________________________

There is a line of reasoning that the enemy has sown among Christians that it is NOT possible to deceive the elect. Jesus forewarned:
For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand. (Matthew 24:24-25, NKJV).
These teachers would reason that the elect can't be deceived because they are the elect! This is what is called circular logic. No, not all the elect will be lost, but many of them will be deceived as Satan is let loose to do His evil in this hour we are in.
Paul warns the Church over and over against being deceived in the epistles as does John. Jesus told the disciples, "Take heed that no one deceives you." (Mark 13:5, NKJV).
Yes, dear ones, if you believe that you can't be deceived, then the enemy has already deceived you! Paul warned of this kind of arrogance when he said:
Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. (1 Corinthians 3:18, NKJV).
It is in our own self assured arrogance and wisdom that we deceive ourselves. John warned:
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:8, NKJV).
You see it is in harboring deception in our hearts by our unwillingness to believe that we could be wrong, or by thinking that we have everything in these end times figured out, or that we can not sin, that we are made a perfect candidate for the wicked one to set up his throne in our hearts.
Tell me this. Where according to the New Testament is the temple of God? In our hearts, right? Paul wrote:
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people." (2 Corinthians 6:16, NKJV).
Then if the temple of God is in the hearts of all who make up the Church, why are we looking toward Jerusalem and waiting to see the Antichrist sit on a throne in the temple over there? Could there not be a "great falling away" due to the displacing of Christ in the hearts of the believers by the enemy himself? Antichrist not only means "against Christ," but "instead of Christ."
• We displace Jesus with men when we look to them to teach us instead of first seeking our guidance from His Spirit. (John 14:26 &1 John 2:27)
•
• We displace Jesus when we harbor sin in our hearts. (Matt. 6:23)

• We displace Jesus when we seek honor from men. (John 5:44)

• We displace Jesus when the things of this world take His place. (Matt. 6:24)

• We displace Jesus when we love our families or people more than Him. (Luke 14:26)
John wrote in one of his letters:
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us. (1 John 2:18-19, NKJV).
Yes, they were once part of US!!! Part of you! Part of me! Repentance dislodges them out of our hearts. If we don't repent we will eventually leave the fellowship of true believers and follow this spirit. Some who have this spirit resident in them, take a following when they leave. This is how cults are formed.
What is our safeguard? Jesus said of Himself,
I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. (John 14:30, NKJV).
This should be our constant prayer that Jesus would so refine our hearts that we too could stand in THIS holy place where He stood. We, too, should pray that the Prince of this world could come and find nothing in us.
Isn't this the very thing that Paul foretold when he warned of the enemy coming with great "dunamis" power to deceive?
Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, NKJV).
He continues:
The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12, NKJV).
You see it is one thing to sin, but it is another thing to sin and block out the convicting power of God that strives to bring you to repentance. This is known as hardening your heart. If you dare to harbor your sin and continue to "have pleasure in unrighteousness" God will be forced to send you a "strong delusion" that you should continue to believe your lie. This is not a time to be playing games with God and presuming on His grace to keep you while you continue in sin. He is separating the sheep from the goats even now. David prayed:
Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, And I shall be innocent of great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer. (Psalms 19:12-14, NKJV).
I was deceived for over a year that a particular sin that I was engaged in was really "spiritual." I won't go into details but the enemy is very good at what he does and there were even other Christians that agreed with him. But the one thing I could not do was block out the guilt. I would repent, then fall for this sin again and the guilt came back. I also had been given many words of prophesy and warnings from various folks that what I was doing was NOT spiritual. Finally, the word of the Lord came to me through a brother in such a way, naming the deceiving spirit, that the power of the delusion was broken and I once and for all repented and cut myself off from any further opportunity for this sin. Paul told Timothy, "You are a strong man in Christ. You can handle any temptation." NO!!! He said to Timothy, "Flee those youthful lusts!" If a temptation comes your way, don't play around with it, RUN!
So, dear brothers and sisters, I hope that you can learn from my bad example and the things that I have learned in the process of recovery and not "think more highly of yourselves than you ought to think." This is the first step to deception. Humble yourselves under the might hand of God. When He lifts you up you will hardly notice it happening and you will less likely be tempted to leave your humility behind, or trade it for a false humility and more deception.
Heed Daniel's warning and watch out for flattering words, for these spirits seek to captivate and plunder you.
"Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits. And those of the people who understand shall instruct many; yet for many days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering. Now when they fall, they shall be aided with a little help; but many shall join with them by intrigue. And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time. (Daniel 11:32-35, NKJV).
Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (Ephesians 6:13, NKJV).
Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God. (Matthew 5:8, NKJV).

 2007/9/16 19:00Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy