SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Coming as an Angel of Light

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread









 Re:

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:
Quote:
These "false apostles, deceitful workers" are loved by the church.
Benny Hinn, Kenneth Coppland, The whole TBN crowd.

If christians can not recognise the devils ministers which are transformed as the ministers of righteousness How then are they not going to be decived?



moe wrote:
God's people through HIS Spirit living within them will get discernment on exactly who the false prophets are. Do we think we need to name them or do we only need to speak the truth and if the truth as it is lines us against someone else or with them, then so be it.
Don't you think God has the power to take care of false prophets in HIS time table? I think He does. I also think He knows how and has the power to take care of those who speak against HIS true prophets. I remember what happened to Ahab and Jezebel. Knowing this, I can see how being very careful make the right call would be important, if they did indeed make a call. What do you think?
I believe this subject, is one of the things the Bible refers to, when it speaks of fearing God. I don't know, I would like to believe God might look over a little ignorance, but anything else I would be very fearful of.

What comes to mind is that, when Israel entered Caanan, they were commanded to utterly destroy the enemies there.

But they didn't finish the job. so in the end the Lord left many of the Caananites there to test His people, if they would obey Him or not.

Re mistakes, even Joshua was taken in by the Gibeonites, because he didn't check them out with the Lord first!

OT examples and types are useful as they often give a clearer illustration of certain spiritual principles.

Yes, the "elect" can be decieved, but the Lord will use it for good - if only to teach us a much needed lesson - [i][u]IF[/u][/i] our hearts are truly towards Him.

Blessings

Jeannette

 2007/9/4 17:57









 Re:

Quote:
[u]somebody wrote this not moe:[/u]These "false apostles, deceitful workers" are loved by the church.
Benny Hinn, Kenneth Coppland, The whole TBN crowd.

If christians can not recognise the devils ministers which are transformed as the ministers of righteousness How then



moe wrote this:
God's people through HIS Spirit living within them will get discernment on exactly who the false prophets are. Do we think we need to name them or do we only need to speak the truth and if the truth as it is lines us against someone else or with them, then so be it.
Don't you think God has the power to take care of false prophets in HIS time table? I think He does. I also think He knows how and has the power to take care of those who speak against HIS true prophets. I remember what happened to Ahab and Jezebel. Knowing this, I can see how being very careful make the right call would be important, if they did indeed make a call. What do you think?
I believe this subject, is one of the things the Bible refers to, when it speaks of fearing God. I don't know, I would like to believe God might look over a little ignorance, but anything else I would be very fearful of.

Be careful to get you quotes in the right place Littlegift. I can't believe you made this mistake after gaving me instructions on how to successfully do the underlining, make bold letters and colorings with the html and the instructions you gave were muchly appreciated. I helps to make the post more organized:-?

 2007/9/4 19:26









 Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
When you look at when Jesus told them that, it was before they received the power from on high in the upper room. Before the day of Pentecost.

That is not the point. Jesus knew that they would received the power from on high, however HE still warned the about being decived after the fact.

Having an advocate with the Father is about sinning(1John 2:1)
And bing prayerful is good, however:
[b]2Corinth 11:13-15[/b] [color=990000]For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
[b]:14[/b] And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
[b]:15[/b] Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.[/color]

These "false apostles, deceitful workers" are loved by the church.
Benny Hinn, Kenneth Coppland, The whole TBN crowd.

If christians can not recognise the devils ministers which are transformed as the ministers of righteousness How then are the not going to be decived?

I have seen many real christians fall for the "laughing revival" also the brownsvill "revival", the "Toronto blessing"...ect...

All these who fell into these herasies were saying, "I trust god not to lead me into error". All the while they were being deceived into error and this is what you are saying.

Why do you think that my pastor wrote two books abouth these things?
"Weighed and Found Wanting"
by Pastor Bill Randles
&
"Beware the New Prophets"
A Caution Concerning the Modern Prophetic Movement
by Pastor Bill Randles

Why do you think that Paul told the Corinthian Chruch us (or us) about these " false apostles, deceitful workers"?
Paul warned them because they were accepting them into their Church and being decieved by them. They were Christians who have the Holy Spirit in the Corinthian Church that Pauld was writing to.

In addition to the Corinthian Church, take the Galatians for an example:

[b]Galatians 3:1[/b] [color=990000]O foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you...[/color]
[b]Galatians 4:11[/b] [color=990000]I am afraid for you...[/color]
[b]Galatians 4:20[/b]...[color=990000]I stand in doubt of you.[/color]

They were decive to go back into bondage of the law.
Do not be presumptuous or over confident, because if one does not think he can be deceived is deveived allready.


[size=large]moe wrote: If you will notice Logic wrote that about the false prophets. Not moe[/size]

 2007/9/4 19:40









 Re:

Quote:

LittleGift wrote:
But they didn't finish the job. so in the end the Lord left many of the Caananites there to test His people, if they would obey Him or not.

Re mistakes, even Joshua was taken in by the Gibeonites, because he didn't check them out with the Lord first!

OT examples and types are useful as they often give a clearer illustration of certain spiritual principles.

Yes, the "elect" can be decieved, but the Lord will use it for good - if only to teach us a much needed lesson - [i][u]IF[/u][/i] our hearts are truly towards Him.

Blessings

Jeannette




moe_ wrote:
So what are you saying that we use the Old Testament scripture and the pictures they paint for us and when it is convenient for our theology and then the rest of the time we claim the new covenant and ignore all of it? I am not implying that you are saying that we are to do that. Just making a point that I often see some do in others do in thier posts. Yes, if it were not for OUR BLESSED HOPE (Jesus) we would all be in trouble and headed for judgement, but all scripture is God breathed and is useful for what?

 2007/9/4 19:54
pastorfrin
Member



Joined: 2006/1/19
Posts: 1406


 Re:

Quote:
An Apostle is one that writes God's Word under the direction of the Holy Spirit. That's why it says this.



Ah, might want to check your definition, moe.

[apostles] Greek: apostolos (GSN-652), a delegate, one sent with full power of attorney to act in the place of another, the sender remaining behind to back up the one sent. In the case of Christians it means God sends them to do what He, Himself would do if He went. It is found 81 times and translated apostle 78 times; messenger twice (2 Cor. 8:23; Phil 2:25); and once he that is sent (John 13:16).



Twenty-four Apostles Recorded:
1. Simon Peter and his brother—
2. Andrew (Matthew 10:2)
3. James, son of Zebedee and
4. John his brother (Matthew 10:2)
5. Philip and his brother—
6. Bartholomew (Matthew 10:3)
7. James, son of Alphaeus and
8. Judas his brother (Luke 6:16) and
9. Matthew, son of Alphaeus, perhaps brother of James and Judas (Mark 2:14; Luke 6:15)
10. Thomas (Matthew 10:3)
11. Simon Zelotes, brother of James and Judas, according to tradition (Luke 6:15)
12. Judas Iscariot (Matthew 10:4)
13. Matthias (Acts 1:26)
14. Barnabas (1 Cor. 9:5-6; Acts 13:1-3; Acts 14:4,14; Galatians 2:9)
15. Andronicus (Romans 16:7)
16. Junia (Romans 16:7)
17. Apollos (1 Cor. 4:6-9)
18. James, the Lord's brother (Galatians 1:19; Galatians 2:6; James 1:1)
19. Silas (1 Thes. 1:1; 1 Thes. 2:6)
20. Timothy (1 Thes. 1:1; 1 Thes. 2:6)
21. Titus (2 Cor. 8:23)
22. Epaphroditus (Phil. 2:25)
23. Paul (Galatians 1:1; Galatians 2:8)
24. Jesus Christ (Hebrews 3:1)
For lists of the twelve apostles see Matthew 10:2-4; Mark 3:16-19; Luke 6:14-16; Acts 1:13,26. Their commission, duties, and power (Matthew 10; Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 3:14-15; Mark 6:7-13; Mark 16:15-20; Luke 9:1-5; Luke 24:47-53; John 20:22-23; John 21:15-19; Acts 1:4-8).


You can add to or take away from God's Word, not only by what one writes, but what one proclaims as truth. Those who preach or teach for gain, changing the Word of God to attract and please the crowd.

2 Tim. 4:1-5
I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; [2] Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. [3] For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. [5] But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.


Titus 1:10-11
For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: [11] Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.


Anyone can add to or take away from His Word.

In His Love
pastorfrin

 2007/9/4 19:59Profile
Logic
Member



Joined: 2005/7/17
Posts: 1791


 Re:

Quote:
moe_mac wrote:

God's people through HIS Spirit living within them will get discernment on exactly who the false prophets are.

That is a down right lie, tell me why so many Christians are fooled by the TBN crowd.
Quote:
moe_mac wrote:
Do we think we need to name them?

Yes, to warn the Christians that do not have the discernment enough to stay away from them.

The Philippines are pray for Benny Hinn and Morris Cirillo and the like.

My wife, before we were married, loved Benny Hinn and Morris Cirillo.
I told her the names of the false prophets and she listened to me, thank God.
Now she knows who to stay away from, and since she has been away from those devils masquerading as ministers of righteousness, she has grown in maturity and gained the discernment to spot others who preach "another gospel".

Those who are just saved do not have the discernment to stay away from the enemy’s agents, and when they follow them, those false prophets stunt their growth in maturity.

Her friend used to "holy vomit" and roll on the ground convulsing, saying that was the Holy Spirit.
She was a new Christian, as my wife was, with no one telling her that was wrong, Tell me why God wasn't giving her or my wife discernment on exactly who the false prophets were?

 2007/9/4 20:09Profile









 Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Quote:
moe_mac wrote:

God's people through HIS Spirit living within them will get discernment on exactly who the false prophets are.

That is a down right lie, tell me why so many Christians are fooled by the TBN crowd.
Quote:
moe_mac wrote:
Do we think we need to name them?

Yes, to warn the Christians that do not have the discernment enough to stay away from them.

The Philippines are pray for Benny Hinn and Morris Cirillo and the like.

My wife, before we were married, loved Benny Hinn and Morris Cirillo.
I told her the names of the false prophets and she listened to me, thank God.
Now she knows who to stay away from, and since she has been away from those devils masquerading as ministers of righteousness, she has grown in maturity and gained the discernment to spot others who preach "another gospel".

Those who are just saved do not have the discernment to stay away from the enemy’s agents, and when they follow them, those false prophets stunt their growth in maturity.

Her friend used to "holy vomit" and roll on the ground convulsing, saying that was the Holy Spirit.
She was a new Christian, as my wife was, with no one telling her that was wrong, Tell me why God wasn't giving her or my wife discernment on exactly who the false prophets were?




moe_mac wrote:
I'm not going to get into the named above. False or not. But let me ask you this. Have you ever listened to a sermon by Pastor Jeff Shreve of www.fromhisheart.com that is on TBN weekly? if not, how can you say that? If you have heard him preach, would you say you thought his preaching was false preaching? He is on TBN every Sunday.
Back to you!!

 2007/9/4 20:26
Logic
Member



Joined: 2005/7/17
Posts: 1791


 Re:

Quote:
moe_mac wrote:
I'm not going to get into the named above. False or not. But let me ask you this. Have you ever listened to a sermon by Pastor Jeff Shreve of www.fromhisheart.com that is on TBN weekly? if not, how can you say that? If you have heard him preach, would you say you thought his preaching was false preaching? He is on TBN every Sunday.
Back to you!!

I will agree that there are very few good guy's that air on TBN like "The Way of the Master"
However, I would stay way from the TBN station because the mixture of truth and error is so subtle.

You still havent answered my questions:
tell me why so many Christians are fooled by the TBN crowd.
&
Tell me why God wasn't giving her or my wife discernment on exactly who the false prophets were?
These questions are from your comment, "God's people through HIS Spirit living within them will get discernment on exactly who the false prophets are."

 2007/9/4 21:55Profile









 Re:

moe_mac wrote:
An Apostle is one that writes God's Word under the direction of the Holy Spirit. That's why it says this.
and I backed the statement up with God's Word. Do you believe one today has such a gift as an Apostle has and has the authority to add and take away from God's Word? But in your answer it did not appear I did.

Rev 22:19
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
KJV



moe_wrote:
Logic I don't know whether it is a deliberate thing or not the way you are mixing what you wrote and what I wrote is very confusing to all the readers and deceiving I think at the least. If one really looked hard back at all my post and your post, one would not have any trouble seeing who wrote what, but people usually don't do that.
So have a good one.

I wonder if anyone has ever been ran off SI or silence with such tactics as mixing up the post, and if so, what would be the motive and what would you think about the one that ran them off or tried to silence them? Do you know if anyone this ever has ever happened to?

Later much later

 2007/9/4 21:58
Nile
Member



Joined: 2007/3/28
Posts: 403
Raleigh, NC

 Re:

Quote:
You still havent answered my questions:
tell me why so many Christians are fooled by the TBN crowd.
&
Tell me why God wasn't giving her or my wife discernment on exactly who the false prophets were?



Good questions Logic.


_________________
Matthew Miskiewicz

 2007/9/5 7:48Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy