SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Exposing Bad Exposition: Answering Opposition to True Holiness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Brother Giancarlo wrote:

Quote:
2. I have yet to attain entire sanctification, but I believe God will do that work in me.

How can one teach about something that the Lord has not taught him?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/22 2:11Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
Brother Giancarlo wrote:

Quote:
2. I have yet to attain entire sanctification, but I believe God will do that work in me.

How can one teach about something that the Lord has not taught him?

In Christ
Jeff

Have you been glorified yet?

Then you can't teach on glorification!

That is really bad logic, very absurd

Paul knew of things before they ever become realitites, so did the prophets.

2007/6/22 2:16Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Christ being our sanctification, He is the only part of us that is perfect and will not sin. That Part is perfect, The flesh is not. The flesh can only be perfect in the day of resurrection. When the Flesh sins the Spirit of Christ in us does not and can not. If we sin it is our flesh that sins and we have an Advocate: 1Jo 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ

1 John 5:10-12 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Sin of the flesh: 1 John 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. and forgiveness of the sin of the flesh. The Spirit of Christ does not sin in us.

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Christ our sanctification and our perfection and our entire sanctification. Not self works.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/6/22 2:27Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

I believe in Jesus as my sanctification...
but that sanctification is not just theoritical but very real.

2007/6/22 2:36Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Giancarlo wrote:

Quote:
Paul knew of things before they ever become realitites, so did the prophets.

I am sorry brother for saying it in the way I did.

It's just that maturity in the Lord comes from brokeness. A brokeness that comes from the Lord teaching us how we fail to love Him and one another.

I can only teach about the things that I have learned by walking with the Lord. And I know that I fall short in ways I don't even know. These ways are made known to us in His time, in His perfect way.

The maturity spoken of in Scripture speaks to growing in love with God and the fellowship of believers. Anything less than agape love is sin.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/22 6:33Profile

Re:

[b]ARE[/b] sanctified or are [b]BEING[/b] sanctified?

(Some translations put are "being" sanctified, but "being" is in italics because it is not in the original greek. The original greek says "are sanctified". That's like the Jehovah witnesses put "a" in the gospel of John, so that the "word was "a" god instead of the original greek that "the word was God". Adding one word, even one letter, can completely distort biblical doctrine)

Jesus Christ both justifies us and sanctifies us. One who is not sanctified cannot be justified, and one who is justified must be sanctified. God forgives those who turn from sin. Those who have turned from sin alone have God's forgiveness. But anyone willingly in sin does not have the forgiveness of God but rather the wrath of God abides on them. Repentance is a condition for forgiveness.

Jesus saves us from sin, not in sin. Jesus is a perfect Savior, and so He both presently justifies us and presently sanctifies us. So just as Christians [u][b]ARE[/b][/u] justified, Christians [u][b]ARE[/b][/u] also sanctified:

Ac 20:32 - And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which [b][u]are[/u] sanctified[/b].

Ac 26:18 - To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which [b][u]are[/u] sanctified by faith[/b] that is in me.

1Co 1:2 - Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that [b][u]are[/u] sanctified in Christ Jesus[/b], called saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

1Co 6:11 - And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye [b][u]are[/u] sanctified[/b], but ye [b]are justified [/b]in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Heb 2:11 - For both he that sanctifieth and they who [b][u]are[/u] sanctified[/b] are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Heb 10:10 - By the which will we [b][u]are[/u] sanctified [/b]through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Heb 10:14 - For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that [b][u]are[/u] sanctified[/b].

Jude 1:1 - Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that [b][u]are[/u] sanctified by God [/b]the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

2007/6/22 6:35

Re:

I may be way off base here and have totally misunderstood what you wrote (since I'm just poking my head in) but....

Quote:

Forevidence wrote:
I believe in Jesus as my sanctification...
but that sanctification is not just theoritical but very real.

Playing the devil's advocate (bad choice of words I know, here of all places! LOL)... By what you previously wrote how can you?

Quote:
Forevidence wrote:

Have you been glorified yet?

Then you can't teach on glorification!

That is really bad logic, very absurd

(Just so you know, I believe in sanctification). My question is by what you previously wrote... If you have not been 100% sanctified yet, how can you teach on it?

2007/6/22 6:54

Re:

I think that the real issue isn't what anyone teaches about it, but what the bible teaches about it.

2007/6/22 7:31
psalm1

Re:

forevidence,two things 1] Paul called himself the chief of sinners
[2 When Jesus said "tarry in jerusalem untill you are endued with power" did that help them in thier "battle for purity"?
.......David

2007/6/22 9:43Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

somethings I'm thinking of, please have mercy upon me for my lack of knowledge in these things.

When people say to me we can not get entire sanctification in this life, to me that is to say indirect that

a. What Jesus did on the cross was not enough.

b. That to try and live a holy life is just stupid because we can never get to the mark anyway

c. the devils power to keep a man in sin is stronger then Gods power to sanctify a man.

this is just some problems i have concerning that man can not be entirely sanctified, can someone please teach me about this, im most curius about it, from what i find all through the bible is that

Romans 8:3 For what the law [b]could not do[/b], in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law [b]might be fulfilled in us[/b], who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

2007/6/22 10:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy