SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can women preach/teach in church?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Is his word foolisness? they will not hear sound doctrine in the last days. I would rather be foolish in him then to be wise in mans eyes.

2004/10/5 16:04Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

No, "His" Word isn't, but your vain reasonings are.

ravin Quote:

his mind is far above our minds. Question do we follow the word or rewrite it, are we followers or improvers of his word.

Try digging a little deeper than just the surface. II Tim. 2:15-16

2004/10/5 16:11Profile

Re:

This might sound like a silly question because im very tired but as a woman if im not allowed to teach but can witness where do you draw the line when one of those you are witnessing to asks you to expound on a piece of scripture in or out of 'the church'. Is that classed as teaching? If i decided that as a woman i shouldn't teach where would i draw the line? I love Gods word and love to study it day and night,i couldn't possibly contemplate stopping myself from sharing what God has revealed to me through his word. I can't keep that within me it would be impossible. For example what if i wrote a book on a topic in the bible because i wanted to share with others what God has revealed to me (something that i would be very honoured to do)is that a form of teaching? If so would that be acceptable or not?
Im i making this too confusing for myself? HELP!

2004/10/5 16:15
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Then Paul also is vain? how did he ever get his writting in to the most holy book. I believe that he followed the Holy Spirit and also wrote as he was moved by the Holy Spirit. are we following his word or are we looking to have things our way?
god wrote his word I would only follow it.I pray that we to would do things as Jesus would have us to do. "As it is written" Sometimes, digging a little deeper is what people do, when actually what Christ is asking of us is to keep it simple "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." Also, "Ye search the Scriptures, for in them ye think ye have eternal life, yet they are they which testify of Me. But you not come to me that, that ye might have life."

2004/10/5 16:20Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Quote:
This might sound like a silly question because im very tired but as a woman if im not allowed to teach but can witness where do you draw the line when one of those you are witnessing to asks you to expound on a piece of scripture in or out of 'the church'. Is that classed as teaching? If i decided that as a woman i shouldn't teach where would i draw the line? I love Gods word and love to study it day and night,i couldn't possibly contemplate stopping myself from sharing what God has revealed to me through his word. I can't keep that within me it would be impossible. For example what if i wrote a book on a topic in the bible because i wanted to share with others what God has revealed to me (something that i would be very honoured to do)is that a form of teaching? If so would that be acceptable or not?

Ma'am, you don't have to draw the line anywhere. Ravin was raised legalistically. As long as you're (if you're married) not rising above the authority of your husband, or your Pastor, you can preach God's word anywhere and at anytime you please. Remember the Great Commission. We are to go into "All the world" and preach the Gospel. He didn't just say men. He's giving a command to whoever will take His name to the lost and dying world. God Bless!

The Evangelist

2004/10/5 16:21Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Quote:
Then Paul also is vain? how did he ever get his writting in to the most holy book. I believe that he followed the Holy Spirit and also wrote as he was moved by the Holy Spirit. are we following his word or are we looking to have things our way?

You need to see more than just what is written. You also need to see when and why it was written(for what purpose). I don't have time to argue with a legalistic mind who has never taken time out to answer these questions himself.

2004/10/5 16:24Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

This said by an extraordinary female minister with little but the covering of Heaven:

"...Can he have followed far, who has no wound or scar?"
Amy Carmichael

2004/10/5 16:25Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

Hi folks,
this has been covered well in other threads,it is also good here to!
Wayne Grudem in his "systematic theology" covers this whole topic well and is thourogh.
Chapter 47 section D page 937 should women be church officers?
If anyone wants to look at this together we can discuss maybe put in a new thread. :-)

2004/10/5 16:58Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

It's utter foolishness to base that belief from one scripture and try to make doctrine from it. In reality they've got II Corinthians 14:34-35 all wrong. God is no respector of persons. Try digging into the roots of this passage.

II Corinthians 14:34-35'says :
(v.34) "Let your women keep silence in the Churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak;..."
(This passage is not referring to women being used by the Lord in the Gifts [Acts 2:17; 1 Cor. 11:5]; in Churches AT THAT TIME, men and women did not normally sit together, but rather on opposite sides of the room; the women would call out to their husbands asking for an explanation concerning things, which was interrupting the Services)

"...but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also says the Law.
(referring back to Gen. 3:16 and the Creation Model)

(v.35)"And if they will learn any thin, let them ask their husbands at home:...
(proving what we just said in verse 34)

"...for it is a shame for women to speak in Church.
(To speak out in the manner Paul has just mentioned; it doesn't refer to women Teachers or Preachers, etc.; if so, it would be wrong for a woman to sing or say anything in Church, which we should know is not correct.)(KJV/JSM)

The Evangelist

2004/10/5 17:30Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
To speak out in the manner Paul has just mentioned; it doesn't refer to women Teachers or Preachers, etc.; if so, it would be wrong for a woman to sing or say anything in Church, which we should know is not correct.

This is not logical. Who said anything about singing or saying? What do you think a New Testament teacher taught?

Quote:
Try digging into the roots of this passage.

This is arrogant. Just because you disagree with someone it doesn't mean that they are insincere or that they have not studied the scriptures. Some of us were studying these passages 20 years before you were born.

2004/10/5 17:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy