SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are we as Christians allowed to rebuke our leaders?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re: rebuking leaders

nlong, a great question indeed..

can we or should we rebuke leaders? a better question would be, should we correct and rebuke brothers and sisters in the Lord? yes,if we do it in a spirit of love and prayer. because what is the motive of doing such a thing?? to help them walk in truth and obedience to God and His Word. i guess i don't get the idea that some people get a "position" and then they are virtually uncorrectable.. God's kingdom is completely opposite of this present system..we are called to love and serve one another..

Mark 10:42 But jesus called to himself and said to them. "you know that those who are considered rulers over the gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them.

Mark 10:43 yet it shall not be so among you: but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant.

2007/6/14 20:18Profile
poet

Longview WA

Re:

true story, while having coffee with a brother in christ we got on the topic of the president and things going on in the middle east and he got very negative towards our president.. mr Bush.
I said dont you pray for him? and he said no! I dont. hhhmmmm.
yes the spirit of some people are rebellious towards leaders, rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft.
Do we rebuke leaders, the answer is yes, but only in the right spirit and with love and in the intention of winning back a brother who has fallen into sin.
Lets pray for our leaders, then maby God will give us godly ones for a change. :-)

2007/6/14 20:39Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Are we as Christians allowed to rebuke our leaders?

Re: rebuking leaders
nlong, a great question indeed..
Phil, a great answer indeed..

The words Phil posted are the words that separate Christians from mens traditions.

Mark 10:
But Jesus called to himself and said to them. "you know that those who are considered rulers over the gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them yet it shall not be so among you: but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant.

We are to love and be charitable to everyone and we will be following The Word of God not the traditions of men.

Charity >helping those in need.
charity begins at home a person's first responsibility is for the needs of their own family and friends.

Charity >tolerance in judging others

Eddie

2007/6/15 7:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy