SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : A Vision Of True And False Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Don't want to deviate from the vision, since it seems so clear.

But, I must pursue the matter of signs and wonders.

Scriptures have been given, and I can't argue with scripture, especially when I was thinking along the same lines, but with other scriptures in mind also.

Rev 13v13, 'He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men'.

Obviously, that hasn't happend yet, but it is satanic deception.

Also, Matt 24v24, 'For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect'.

Scary words from Jesus, I think so.

I know a woman who went to Lourdes in France-on a 'pilgrimage', if you like.

It was for the healing of her son who had cerebal palsy.

He was 5 years old and could not speak or walk.

She was of course a Roman Catholic.

After her return from France, her son began to walk and talk.

That was over 30 years ago, and her son, even though his speech is slow, has got on with life.

There is no denying her son got healed.

Once again, what is the origin of his healing?

This family no longer belongs to the Roman Catholic church, they are now evangelicals.

Another scripture, to add to the confusion. Sorry, but I want us to think about what we contribute when we answer questions.

2 Cor 11v14, 'And no wonder. For satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light'.

vs15, 'Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transfor themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works'.

Where are we now? Is it God or satan at work?

It is one or the other, it cannot be both.

Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks.

God bless.

2007/6/7 7:09Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

God or not???

I have the same questions, Enid. I have seen signs and wonders, I have heard of signs and wonders. The Bible is full of miracles from God. But in these days of deception, how can you tell the difference?

Now I am Pentecostal and I believe in the Gifts of the Spirit, but I have also seen people acting in ways, that were not at all Godly. As for "feeling the Presence of God" sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. In fact, last night at church during Bible study, I could feel the Spirit of God opening our hearts and teaching us through the person speaking. And I wasn't the only one.

Some of my friends were telling me about a particular "sign" or "wonder" they had heard about. They gave all glory to God, but I just kind of sat back and thought, Oh, that's nice, how do you know it is from God....

So how can we tell? if the person it is happening to is a believer and they are giving all the glory to God, does that mean it is? or not?

I'm with Sister Enid. any answers???

2007/7/26 16:47Profile

Re:

some quoted:
Also, Matt 24v24, 'For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect'.

Summarize this verse and it says the elect can't be deceived.

I got some thoughts on why it will not be possible to deceive the elect, but would like to hear why others think the elect will not able to be deceived.

2007/8/4 22:58

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy