Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : EDIT: Spiritual Warfare

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

EDIT: Spiritual Warfare

brethren, Greetings in Christ's name by whose blood we are justified.AMEN.

EDIT:

Does anyone know of any sermons here on this topic of Spiritual Warfare or some Godly sources on demonology?

Grace and Peace to you all. AMEN

2007/6/1 2:37Profile
vasilef

ROMANIA

Re: Demonology

War on the Saints, by Jessie Penn-Lewis, with Evan Roberts
http://www.apostasynow.com/wots/Contents.html

2007/6/1 4:33Profile

Re:

Just a word of caution... I dont think there is anything wrong with studying the Bible to find out about demons and such, so long as it is kept in balance.

However, in Charismatic circles I know from personal experience that it is rarely in balance. Sometimes it can become an obsession. I found out after I left the Charismatic WOF movement that most of what I had been taught about demonology was wrong and unscriptural. Hardly any of it could be found in the Bible.

So please be very careful when approaching this topic. Lets not give the devil more credit than he deserves. If you're a believer, and you walking with God and filled with the Spirit... Satan is a toothless lion. Jesus won the victory. Thats all we need to know, right there.

Krispy

2007/6/1 8:16
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Demonology

Ironman,

Dean Hochstetelr has sermons dealing with this issue here on SI. This may interest you. I heard some of them, not all...seems to me there are six. Bro. Hochstetler deals with it on the practical level like water witching or dowsing.

I do not think Dean's sermons will be the kind of which Krispy warned about. Dean Hochstetler is not a Charismatic or Pentecostal.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/6/1 8:24Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

greetings in His name brethren
thanks for the links, may i also have (if you would be so kind) the same info on spiritual warfare also.

bro Krispy, your admonition to caution is duly noted. i am led of God to look into this topic for the purposes of spritual warfare. indeed the enemy is a defeated foe but that makes him all the more dangerous and we would be wise to to be aware of his wiles lest we be made prey due to ignorance or fear. it seems to me we ought to be mindful to some degree, some to a greater degree than others according to one's annointing and ministry (deliverance and such)and so that one can pray properly concerning them because there are those which apparently can easily be cast out, and others which require fasting and prayer, perhaps of different lengths depending on the influence it has. if one is praying for the deliverance of a city say, what is required is different than if one is praying for a personal deliverance. see what i mean? indeed we can't give the enemy more credit than he deserves but we best not shortchange him either, Sceva's sons were casting demons out in His name but ran into one which knew the Name (and said so) but didn't know them and whipped them all. The Name is all-powerful, their approach to this demon was wrong though, it required something else in addition to the Name, this is what i'm getting at.

God bless you

2007/6/1 9:00Profile

Re:

IRONMAN... You and I know each other well enough, my caution wasnt really aimed at you. It was more of a "blanket" caution for those who have an unbalanced interest in the topic. Thats all. :-)

Krispy

2007/6/1 9:12

Re:

Hia brother IRONMAN,

Ha, you once called me the Iron-maiden of sorts.
I thought that was funny/cute. Thanks.

Hey, I don't see - casting demons out of cities or as you said "deliverance of a city" in the Word. If that were the case, we'd have at least ONE account of it in at least one of the 4 Gospels being done by Jesus Himself or in Acts by the first Church or somewhere in the Epistles.

Also, those Sceva brothers Weren't Saved. Ha !
Think that may have had something to do with them being Whooped.

The main thing in "dealing with devils" is to only give them as much attention as the Bible does. Do a word search and see.

The thing is not to focus on them, but to be so filled with The HOLY Spirit - that His Gifts are operating in you, [u]because that's the only way that Jesus and Paul operated[/u] ... dealing with each person or situation individually, with knowledge from The Holy Spirit at that moment, just what exactly type "thing" they were dealing with ... again, individually.

Only The Lord can tell you what's going on with each individual or situations... but that's never by human effort to "discern", but only by child-like dependence on The Father.
I don't think we should focus on the enemy ... but just pray for His Spirit to so fill us with all of the gifts. Yes, all of them - because the Holy Spirit is The Spirit of God and Christ and so what HE had on earth, we have and also - after we make Love and humility the top priority always.

The strongest man on earth is he who has the most Divinely given Agape.

Hope you and your family over seas are well.
I've listened intently to the News over this last year away from here and have prayed quite intensely for your family over seas, and you.

Please be well.
Love in Him.
Annie

2007/6/1 12:52
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Krispy
i know your admonition was general, i wanted you to know it was acknowledged.

God bless you bro and Grace and Peace to you all. AMEN.

2007/6/1 14:01Profile

Re:

IRONMAN... everytime I see your name on here all I can hear is Black Sabbath... w/ a distorted "I AM IRONMAAAAANNN...."

...lol

Krispy

2007/6/1 14:09
IRONMAN

Re:

hey sis Annie, greetings in Christ's name!
good to see you back!

Quote:
Hey, I don't see - casting demons out of cities or as you said "deliverance of a city" in the Word. If that were the case, we'd have at least ONE account of it in at least one of the 4 Gospels being done by Jesus Himself or in Acts by the first Church or somewhere in the Epistles.

well i'm not sure it would be casting out as much as it would be deposing a ruler of a city. We have evidence that there are angels on both sides exercising influcence for God and the enemy and what we do on earth affects that. See the account of Daniel in which he sought God and Gabriel came but was hindered by the prince of Persia.Then Michael, Prince of Israel came to help so nations have angels over them. We also have the account of satan being cast from heaven (from where he exercises influence) to the earth and so it would follow that those under him who exercise such influence are subject to being deposed. The agents of the enemy have usurped authority over men, cities and nations and so on some level we must contend with them as God leads.

well the sons of Sceva were unsaved but that doesn't hinder the name of Jesus from casting the demons out. The disciples were themselves unsaved at first but yet did miracles and cast out demons showing that the Power is not contingent on salvation but the Power is inherent in the Name, then also we have those which said "Lord, Lord" and in His name did mighty works but were denied heaven.

Quote:
The thing is not to focus on them, but to be so filled with The HOLY Spirit - that His Gifts are operating in you, because that's the only way that Jesus and Paul operated ... dealing with each person or situation individually, with knowledge from The Holy Spirit at that moment, just what exactly type "thing" they were dealing with ... again, individually.

i agree, in this case i am being led in this direction being filled with the Spirit of GOd. in being filled with the Spirit of God our callings differ and this is a part of mine. Not that it is the end of it but rather my being brought to a place where i must move in this annointing which i have neglected. i have contended with them in the past but got sidetracked. like you said it is a moment by moment thing and so this is a part of it all.

God bless and keep you and may His Grace and PEace and Love be with you always. AMEN.

2007/6/1 14:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy