SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : street corner preaching

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
KeithLaMothe

Re:

I'd like it if everyone reading this would (re-)read the book of James right now, particularly: James 1:19-20 and 3:2-10. 1 Cor. 13:4-7 too, if you wouldn't mind.

Let there be peace, except where God commands striving.

-Keith

2004/4/11 22:14Profile
prayer1warrior

Re:

Love conquers all.

2004/4/11 23:02Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

AMEN

2004/4/11 23:05Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

So that their isn't any mis understandings of who I am or what I am all about this is the long version of my personal mission statement. It really is my heart!

To deny myself, take up my cross, and follow Jesus (Mark 8:34), to be a fisher of men(Matt. 4:19) and therefore being CHrist like by seeking and saving that which is lost (Matt 18:11). To feed His sheep because I love Him (John 21:17), therefore fullfilling my ministry by doing the work of an evangelist (2 Tim 4:5). Giving glory to Jesus with all boldness in my body whether by life or by death(Phil 1:20) by going and making disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Teaching them to observe all the things the Lord has commanded (Matt 28:19-20). Doing all this by preaching that men must repent so they don't perish (Luke 13:3) and beleive(Mark 1:15), which is called being born again, in order to see the Kingdom(John 3:3). Also I must root out, and upll down, destroy and throw down, build and plant (Jer 1:10). Giving Law to the proud that they might humble themselves (Matt 19:16-22) and teaching grace to the humble (John 3:1-8) because God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5, Prov 3:34).

2004/4/11 23:46Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

OK this is totally God's work. I was getting abit fustrated with Jesse (lazarus) and yes giving him a hard time on the forums. I was even looking at his posts trying to make them seem to what I felt them to be, this was definetly the devil working and I thank God publicly for bringing this to light.

My sister came in the room and she was like 'what are you doing?' I said I was getting abit fustrated about this dude lazarus on the site and didn't want to keep going at it. She suggested I get his number and call him. So I did. Jesse gave me his number and we ended up talking for 3 hours and praying. Guess what he is the mirror reflection of myself, I had a wonderful time fellowshipping with him. I thank God for openly showing the truth of the matter.

I am not going to delete the posts before in this thread of the things I said but I am writing this to clarify it so people know, and what a testimony of God's working in His [b]people[/b]. I am sorry Jesse for going ahead and not giving your the benefit of the doubt, I even ended up telling you that you werent posting in a Christ-like spirit which is [i]totally[/i] NOT true. I am looking forward to your continued participation on the site and our growing in Christ together, you are doing a wonderful thing also in your street preaching and from hearing you on the phone I really know your heart is in the right place.

[u]I am so full of the joy of the Lord[/u], thank you for working and not allowing the devil to sow seeds of discord in your peoples hearts. Thank you Lord.

2004/4/11 23:59Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hey Lazarus

There is a great post on Brother Ravenhill that is a bit long but really kind of gave me a gut check.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1600&forum=26&12]Zeal - Love Ablaze by Leonard Ravenhill[/url]

2004/4/12 0:03Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

wow Greg, I don't think I've ever had a better recomendation before! For real, words can not discribe how much this site has blessed me! The reason I started posting here was for the awesome christian fellowship and am now looking forward to that more then ever!!!!

I'm glad that with us, what the devil ment for evil, God has so graciously turned around for good!

ps after our convo, I cant sleep!!

2004/4/12 0:21Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
ps after our convo, I cant sleep!!

hahah AMEN! its wonderful to fellowship truly in the spirit of God and to build up the body of Christ. I can't sleep either. Praise God for His believers all over the world in different places, I am just in awe how God works, He definetly turned something the devil wanted to cause for evil and made it turn out for the good! I feel a real kindred spirit with you brother. As you said in your other post lets 'burn' for God. "Fellowship of the burning hearts"

2004/4/12 0:28Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re:

Praise God :)

I'd almost say that successful communication is a miracle by itself.

2004/4/12 0:42Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Words are powerful, and death and life are in the power of the tongue. When we curse, demean, diminish, or belittle with our words, we speak lies—Satan's language. When we speak the truth of God's Word into people's lives, we bless them.

Quote:
Come on Christian!! Do you not feel any guilt at all that the multitudes are going to an eternal hell for their sins where they will suffer torments forever and ever and you just sit back and do nothing and merely say "I don't have a heart to". Does that not bother you "anymore"??? Let me say this, something is radically wrong with your heart.

Is there something radically wrong with my heart?
Quote:
You said you don't feel guilty anymore, which means you used to. Well what stoped you then from living out your convictions? Just because you have over ridden your conscience so you don't feel guilty doesn't mean what your doing is right. Because it is wrong.

I have ridden my conscience of guilt so I am in the wrong.
Quote:
Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself! Are you exempt from that? Does the second greatest commandment not apply to you but only to others?? Come on "Christian"!!Do you want eternal life for yourself but could care less if others have it? C.H. Spurgeon said "Have you no wish for others to be saved? Then you are not saved yourself, be sure of that."

I am not saved - he is sure of that.
Quote:
Come on. you know in your heart what I said was right. With all my heart I believe all I said. You like a person who has the cure for cancer hidden in their house and says " I don't feel guilty anymore that I don't give those dying of cancer the cure. I just don't have a heart to." Actually what your doing is far worse.

What I am doing is far worse.
Quote:
Yes repentance needs to come to the church, and the first thing that needs to be repented of is the hearts that don't care enough about the lost to tell them how they can recieve everlasting life.

"the first thing that needs to be repented of is the hearts that don't care enough about the lost"- well that's me.

Quote:
let me say this lovingly, Your telling the world "Go to hell, I don't care enough about you to tell you how to be saved." Have you enough concern to conquer your fears?

Am I telling the world to go to hell?

I guess I took these comments totally out of context!

Quote:
You know, I found this site a bit more edifying and enjoyable when everyone seemed to quote something they agreed with and just typed encouragements.

I was really encouraged there by your comments.

2004/4/12 8:02Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy