Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Global Day of Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
nizero

Re:

Quote:
they are fabricating a "unity" in which you can continue to maintain your denominational differences and identity (things that have torn and divided the Body of Christ for hundreds of years) ...and yet can come together under a great ecumenical umbrella.

First of all I would like to state that there are absolute truths in scripture and I am not relativist in my ways of thinking. But the above statement is quite disturbing because it causes more division within the body than to edify and unite.

It is true that some denominations tend to lean either charismatic or reformed but there are believers on both sides of the fence.

For instance Wesley and Edwards both were contemporary revival preachers of their day, both used by God, both had different ideas on the manifestation of the holy spirit. Wesley was charismatic and Edwards tended to be more reformed.

Both prayed and God heard them.

I do not see this as ecumenical because they both had a passion to see Jesus Christ exalted above all else.

I think people's idea of unity is "if you think my way then we are united" verses the true unity found in the body of Christ.

If you read the values and declaration of faith for Global Day of Prayer, I have found no area of doctrine that is unbiblical.

And you should read about the transformation and revival that broke out in Uganda through prayer. It is a great testimony of the power of prayer.

I leave with this set of scripture to meditate on.

10I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
1 Corinthians 1:10

Immediately after paul is rebuking the church about the division in the body he immediately humbles himself seen in chapter 2.

For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:2

and finally

9But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. 11You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.
Titus 3:9

In Christ,
Cesar

2007/5/20 2:10Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Yes, you are right: there are Christians, true Christians, on "both sides of the fence." There are true believers scattered throughout all the denominations.

And in fact, over the centuries, there have been powerful moves of the Spirit of God that touched differing denominations at the same time. I think of The Great Awakening, as an example of this.

But I believe we are in the beginnings of days when God is going to bring His people together from all "places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day" (Ezek. 34.12). The unity He has in mind is so high and holy, none of us could bring it into being with the work of our own hands. It's HIS work. You can read about it in Ephesians 4, and John 17, and other places. It's a unity among ALL the people of God as vital and as beautiful as the union between the Father and the Son. It's the glory of God revealed!

I long for this. When you get even a glimpse of it, it makes all else so glaringly short. Short of the glory of God, I mean.

I am not a divisive person. I know what I have been through. I love our Lord Jesus Christ. And I love the people of God. I don't know what more I can do but keep my eyes upon the Hope He has planted in my heart, and wait for Him to bring it to pass. It's just that it grieves your spirit to see this "other" unity coming into being with such momentum these days. We've been told we must be careful about this "one world church" that is supposed to come about in the last days. Well, I see it coming, and not only coming: it's here already for those who have eyes to see!

And so I think we as God's people need to be careful we don't fall asleep these days. We need to be watchful, and alert, and guarding what is both our responsibility and privilege to "prove all things" in this very difficult and demanding day. "Prove all things. Hold fast that which is good" (1 Thes. 5.21).

Thanks for sharing.

AD

2007/5/20 14:53Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

And so I think we as God's people need to be careful we don't fall asleep these days. We need to be watchful, and alert, and guarding what is both our responsibility and privilege to "prove all things" in this very difficult and demanding day. "Prove all things. Hold fast that which is good" (1 Thes. 5.21).

Think this very true we have to be careful.
Be wise in the word!!! We are to love each other as our selves, but we are to hold fast to truth!!!
we must obey God frist.

There are things that will bring disunity, because of truth, we can't give up truth for unity.

In his love
charlene

2007/5/21 0:10Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

awakenwithin wrote:

There are things that will bring disunity, because of truth, we can't give up truth for unity.

Amen. Thanks for saying this. Jesus Himself-- and many of His disciples through the ages-- could have spared themselves the Cross if they had just been a little less in love with The Truth.

AD

2007/5/21 0:39Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I thought about unity in prayer today.
God only Hears His childern when they pray.
So even if 120,000 met to pray, but didn't know the Lord, it would be all in vain? I think this is true. In james 5 It talks about one mans pray that stop rain and prayed again and it rained.

I have had the thought you needed lots of people for something big to happen. Yum I not sure that's true. I starting to think that one old, or young women , or man could pray with such faith, that America should trun around. Of course it would be God working through them. I think a thing remeber is our prayer behind close doors can be powerful.

God doesn't need the biggest prayer meeting to do His work. Although I strongly support people praying together, but with the right heart before God. I nActs they said they met daily and prayed! But I don;t it should come from an event, but from a hunger to pray. If people are wanting to see God move in AMerica, we will start praying in our homes, at work, at Church. I pray that this event will move in people's heart to seek after God more. Amen for what God is going to do through those who are seeking Him in this week, May we too, pray for our nation.

In his love
charlene

2007/5/22 2:24Profile

Re: Global Day of Prayer

awakenwithin said

Quote:
But I am not sure God heard all the prayers that were made. Frist some were not saved, and says he dosn't listen to unsaved.

Hmmm....

Charlene, I think this may be slightly too black and white a statement.

Surely there is a first time for everyone, and no-one is 'saved' [i]before[/i] they have prayed the first time? :-?

2007/5/24 9:09
Psalm73

Arkansas

DO you love prayer?

The prayer of a righteous man availeth much, if it be fervent (1526 variant). Yes I see that there could be some strife, I realize that biblically some walls might be hard to crack, but carry around brotherly love.
Global gettogethers are all for the purpose of false unity under the beast and his image, careful donot blaspheme the holy goost.
David is dead and buried, yet Christ is risen, and sitteth on the right hand of God.

Quote:

dorcas wrote:
awakenwithin said
Quote:
But I am not sure God heard all the prayers that were made. Frist some were not saved, and says he dosn't listen to unsaved.

Hmmm....

Charlene, I think this may be slightly too black and white a statement.

Surely there is a first time for everyone, and no-one is 'saved' [i]before[/i] they have prayed the first time? :-?

Listen you are first saved, then after the hearing of faith, you learn and keep his commandments.

Example; 1 Cor 13:20 Brethren, be not children in wit: as concerning maliciousness be children: but in wit be perfect.
14:36 ¶ Spronge the word of God from you? other came it unto you only?
37 If any man think himself a prophet either spiritual: let him understand, what things I write unto you. For they are the commandments of the Lord.
38 But and if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
39 Wherefore brethren covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.
40 Let all things be done honestly and in order.

A young man that is alone, it is not good for him, when he is persecuted, his footsteps hunted out, and laid into his daily bonds.
The persecute you because his commandment is to abstain from things offered unto images, from strangled, from blood and from fornicacion. If you keep yourself from such, ye do well so far ye well. Acts 15

Prayer and fasting of this people is oft not heard by God, try Isaiah 58 of the Online Bible TRC 1537 Matthew's faithofgod.net for a clear ghostly example.
Isaiah 551 ¶ Thus sayeth the LORD: Keep equity, and do right, for my saving health shall come shortly, and my righteousness shall be opened.
2 Blissed is the man that doth this, and the man’s child which keepeth the same. He that taketh heed, that he unhallow not the Sabbath (that is) he that keepeth himself that he do no evil.

God is not causer of strife, but questions and cursed speakyng are. No false witnes bearyng
Why do the brethren go to law with each other?
Do you not know that we shal iudge angels? Better still, things pertaining to this life?

Brethren, only for the edification of your faith in the son of the lyving God, Christ Iesu.
Let the Lord have mercy, and onto whom he wil he maketh herde heated. Hebrews 4:4 (1626) For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day, on this wise: And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again: They shall not come into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it followeth that some must enter thereinto, and they to whom it was first preached, entered not therein for unbelief’s sake.
7 Again he appointeth in David a certain present day after so long a time, saying as it is rehearsed: this day if ye hear his voice, be not hard hearted.

May God's word have free passage with the brethern of the Lord opening their moughts boldly to utter the secrets of the gospel.

2007/5/24 10:04Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: DO you love prayer?

I agree fully sorry about that, Yes God does listen to those who are not saved that are crying out to him to know him.

But what I was saying those who are in darkness, and are living for there own gods, and praying. those prayers are not heard. What I saying because we have an event and there are lots of people are there, and are all praying. what does light have with darkness, we are not to have unity with darkness.

SO we want lots of people, but God wants our hearts.

The prayer of a righteous man availeth much, if it be fervent

yes I love this verse. But the KEy a Righteous man.... We can't just come with all these idols living as we please, seeking our own desires, then come God bless up. That is in vain

In his love
charlene

2007/5/24 14:47Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I went to the Global day of prayer yesterday.
there were lots of people there. When I got there everyone was busy. Of course they had lots to do. there were suppose to be people praying for the event while it was happening. When I went to ask who I might be praying with, they did have anyone. I was little upset. Where they going against what they saying. They were staying prayer was the most important thing. and yet no was pryaing for the event, while it was happening, I am not sure if they really spent a good bite of time bfore. They speaker had many good things that he said. But there was so much man in it. It went on for 3 hours, there but 20-30 min's of prayer in that whole time, that people go to pray. I had thought it was a prayer meeting. As I walked around there were kids playing, and useing our God's name in vain. I over heard aother person talking about drugs. People were talking and walking around. It was the speaker said a prayer for people to pray for repenting. Everything was time. and lots of singing. God wants us to do it his way. I don't think this was his way. Then they took the Lord's supper. Unity with looking each others sin. This isn't the unity Christ wants. Then they had the pray this prayer, and welcome to the family. This burns in my bones. It is wrong.
Christ wasn't preached. Sin was not pionted out. It all felt good. They all so proud, of all the work they did. But did it honor God? Maybe parts did, and maybe there wre thsoe with heart felt prayers. And maybe some will be moved to pray more. May God make us clean. There must be brokeness over our sins. All week I went to each place this man spoke, I hide myself and prayed and prayed while he talked. The last night, I ask God will you please make this one differnt will you please have some stay and pray. and you know He did, and they were people I had gone to mexico four years ago. They want to start a city wide prayer movment from this. I am suppose to a team prayer in this. But God has been saying, not event, just those you know get with them and pray. what is it if million come to pray and they holding on to sin, and don;t want to change?

did anyone eles to an event yesterday

I guess we can just meet with those we know and pray, and let God bring them. Maybe if let God it, it would work alot better.

In his love
charlene

2007/5/28 23:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy