SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : No Denominations In Heaven!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Back to the original thread...

There is one true church who are united in the blood of Christ and walk in the light of fellowship with God. Everyone who is truly born again is a member of this Church. This Church does not have a name or a building, it is a living body. The membership list is not recorded in any database and resides only in the lambs book of life. Blessed are those who find their names written there.

Beware of the false unity movement among the babylonian harlot that we call North American Evangelical Christianity (and beware of the RCC too).

In Christ - Jim

2007/5/3 10:11

Re:

Quote:
There is one true church who are united in the blood of Christ and walk in the light of fellowship with God. Everyone who is truly born again is a member of this Church. This Church does not have a name or a building, it is a living body. The membership list is not recorded in any database and resides only in the lambs book of life. Blessed are those who find their names written there.

Beware of the false unity movement among the babylonian harlot that we call North American Evangelical Christianity (and beware of the RCC too).

I shout amen at your first paragraph. Well stated, and I believe you are quite correct.

As to your second paragraph... I agree, but I think I would refrain from throwing the "babylonian harlot" blanket over ALL of the evangelical church. There are certainly problems, but you cant really generalize it the way you did. I think that is irresponsible.

Thats akin to me saying "anyone who reads the NIV is an unsaved hell bound heathen". Thats not a true statement at all.

Krispy

2007/5/3 11:35
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Re in perfect unity!

I’ll be 65 in September. When I was ten I became aware that there were different dominations one summer when I was told that a big church in town was giving the children that attended vacation Bible School ice cream cones. I immediately switched churches for a week.
I do not attend church lately but I hear live preaching at the senior center I attend.
Above 90% of the Christians I know attend church including my natural brother and sisters. I love every Christian whether they attend or not. I would not offend a single one of them knowingly about the matter. The Christians I know personally show great restraint in judging others and I try to emulate them. I would not take anything for the fellowship and teaching I have received from them. At different times my life has changed course in such matters and if I had been saved earlier in my life I may have walked a different course and could have shared the church fellowship that so many hold so dear.
I pray God give each and everyone a spiritual blessing today..
Eddie

2007/5/3 12:52Profile

Re:

KrispyKrittr said

Quote:
"Because You said 'For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.'" (Ephesians 2:8-9)

I agree. However,

"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him...? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he offered Isaac his son upon the alter? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS IMPUTED UNTO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS: and he was called the Friend of God. Yes see then how that by works a man is justified, and [b]not by faith only[/b]. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by her works, when she had recieved the messengers, and had sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so [b]faith without works is dead also[/b]." (JAMES 2:14-26)

"Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but [b]he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven[/b]. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, [b]and doeth them[/b], I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock..." (MATT 7:19-24)

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to SET A MAN AT VARIANCE AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND THE DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND THE DAUGHTER IN LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER IN LAW. AND A MAN'S FOES SHALL BE THEY OF HIS OWN HOUSEHOLD. He that loveth father and mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. [b]He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it[/b]." (MATT 10:32-39)

"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the alter the souls of them that were [b]slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held[/b]: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not avenge our on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, [b]until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled[/b]." (REV 6:9-11)

Quote:
This is not a "holier than thou" thing, and I dont say what I say to make myself feel superior to anyone. This is truth that I speak, and it's truth that you need to hear. Why? Because if what you are saying on this thread is truly what you believe about your own salvation... then I dont know that you are truly saved. I'm not judging your heart, I am judging your words. Only you know for sure what you believe... but your words betray you, I think.

I really care about you, my friend... and to quote Keith Green "I only just want to see you there..."

We are being "holier than thou". We've passed judgement on men and women we don't know because of their affiliations with the catholic church. Now "we're" off to heaven and "they're" off to hell. Because we "know" sola fide's right... even when a sola scriptura Jesus reads "DO WHAT I'VE TOLD YOU TO DO" (see above).

Just like the Catholic Church, the Evangelical Churches have grasped and intellectualised to death revelations that come in through the fringes - and make them central doctrines. Eventually, one ends up at a place far from the intended meaning... "faith is the only way..." or "...works is the only way..." or "...manifesting tongues and prophecy is the only evidence..." or "...sanctification by sacraments..." and the steep slide into apostacy and hypocrisy occurs.

I believe wherever the scripture is preached, the odds are good there's someone saved around somewhere. Catholic or Evangelical, Pygmy or Chinese. It's God's word, after all.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." (MATT 7:1-2)

"By their fruits (works) ye shall know them." (MATT 7:20)

You don't need to know if I'm truly saved. That's not your business. He saves me, not you. He judges me, not you.

2007/5/3 19:34
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

PassingThru wrote:

Out of the two, I prefer the chances of the Catholic before the Judgement Seat of Christ.

I think if you worship anything or anybody but God you'll be in trouble on Judgement Day. Idolaters can't enter into Heaven.

Re 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Jordan

2007/5/3 20:18Profile

Re:

Quote:
You don't need to know if I'm truly saved. That's not your business. He saves me, not you. He judges me, not you.

Well... like I said, I was judging your words, not your heart. Why do I say this? Because perhaps I'm not understanding fully what you're saying.

Based on your words I think you're understanding of salvation is not scriptural.

You're words that I've quoted above say quite a bit about your attitude as well. I express concern, you tell me it's none of my business.

OK... shaking dust off the shoes. (Luke 9:5)

Krispy

2007/5/4 7:17

Re:

This thread troubles me, but I don't know why.

2007/5/4 8:23

Re:

If it's my last post... I dont harbor any ill feelings toward Corey. In fact, I'm very concerned for him. But scripture tells us in for different passages (all words of Christ) that if we share the gospel and it is rejected, walk away.

I'm not trying to be mean to Corey... just trying to be obedient to God. I'll continue to pray for him, but I will not get involved in a back and forth with him more than it has already been.

I'm holding out hope that he is just a bad communicator, or I am a bad understander... and that there is a miscommunication going on.

Krispy

2007/5/4 8:38
PassingThru

Re:

HomeFree89

Quote:

I think if you worship anything or anybody but God you'll be in trouble on Judgement Day. Idolaters can't enter into Heaven.

Re 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I agree with you. I am in no way trying to water out the gospel. I am just not sure where God is going to put the cutoff point in relation to sins committed in ignorance by believers.

To illustrate, the verse above mentions the fearful won't enter either and Jesus said that anyone who calls his brother a fool is in danger of hell fire. Who then can be saved?

Through our ignorance I think we all harbour an unknown sin or two. After all, who has a perfect knowledge of God's will? Who is truly without sin if God were to search every corner of his heart? Even righteous Job seemed to have a certain pride in his righteousness, as well as a dose of fear.

I agree also with Krispy and others, that no one will be saved by faith in sacraments. Faith in the Blood of Jesus is the only salvation. The problem is many 'believers' confuse intellectual consent to the doctrine of salvation as being salvation. (I'm not saying this is the case of anyone here)

To have faith in someone or something means I apply it as a solution to my problems - ie: when it really counts. If I say I trust the capacity of a certain dentist, but won't go near him when I have a toothache, I'm a liar or severely deceived at the best. Equally if we say we trust in the Blood of Jesus, yet we don't bring our sins to him openly and willingly to be resolved, what faith is that?

Now if we all have a measure of unknown sin how will that be dealt with when we die? I [u]suspect[/u] the answer is that it will depend on whether we instantly repent and call on the Blood of Jesus the moment our hidden sins are exposed to us. Obviously if we haven't been doing this with our known sins, chances are we won't do it for our hidden sins either.

I don't have a definite answer on what happens to our hidden sins and faults when we die, nor where God puts the limit on these. I don't think we really need to spend a lot of time finding out the answer to that. Instead we should concentrate on being as far as possible from the limit.

We need to constantly search our own hearts, as well as ask God to reveal our hidden sins, and deal with them promptly. We need to be like a diligent gardener dealing with weeds.

I think the main ingredients man needs to invest to reach salvation through the Blood of Christ is honesty and 'want to'. This is why I sometimes wonder if some 'hidden' Christians, even stuck in some sects perhaps, are actually applying the Blood of Christ to their lives more successfully than some 'verbal' Christians.

[color=000099]
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
[/color]

PassingThru

2007/5/4 8:48Profile

Re:

PassingThru... excellent post. :-)

Krispy

2007/5/4 9:01

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy