SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : No Denominations In Heaven!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

How many have heard people say something to this effect, "Well, when the 'Tribulation' comes, I won't take the mark, I'll die for Christ." While at the moment they are in utter sin and know they are not a Christian at the moment.

Oh! What horror! What if someone actually did something like that? Could you imagine? Being killed for the "cause of Christ" yet not even knowing him and wake up in Hell?

But Lord, I....

:-o

2007/5/2 15:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
How many have heard people say something to this effect, "Well, when the 'Tribulation' comes, I won't take the mark, I'll die for Christ." While at the moment they are in utter sin and know they are not a Christian at the moment.

Oh! What horror! What if someone actually did something like that? Could you imagine? Being killed for the "cause of Christ" yet not even knowing him and wake up in Hell?

But Lord, I....

There's a sin that's worse than a lie in the world: hypocrisy.

If I had a God's eye view of PreachParsly's near-present thoughts and actions, would I find sin?

I don't know if someone or other will or won't take the mark, and I don't know their standing with God. I am called to be a "doer of the law", not a judge.

And when we start labeling a man who is willing to die for Christ - whatever his sins - WE are more in danger of judgement and hellfire than them.

If the Archangel Michael refuses to rail an accusation against Satan, who are we to accuse one another?

2007/5/2 15:35

Re:

Is everyone in a bad mood today or something?

(By the way, I understood and agreed with Preach's words)

Krispy

2007/5/2 15:39
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I believe there might be "bad Catholics" out there who are actually good Christians. But I don't believe there are any good Catholics out there who are good Christians. For a good Catholic is trusting in their works to save them. And Galatians makes clear that those who are attempting to be justified by works are fallen from grace and cut off from Christ.

2007/5/2 15:52Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Hi Corey,

I wasn't trying to offend you, or even cast judgment on someone. I just quoted two verses. One says that just because someone says "Lord" doesn't mean they have Christ as Lord. The other just says that even if I were to give my life, but it's not with love it's worthless.

It's possible to say "Lord" and go to Hell.

It's possible to give your life and go to Hell.

Quote:
And when we start labeling a man who is willing to die for Christ - whatever his sins - WE are more in danger of judgment and hellfire than them.

Do you believe that saying "Lord" and dying because of that profession means you are right with God? In other words, does your own blood being shed make you justified? I'll refuse to believe you do, unless you inform me otherwise.

2007/5/2 15:54Profile

Re:

Quote:
I believe there might be "bad Catholics" out there who are actually good Christians. But I don't believe there are any good Catholics out there who are good Christians. For a good Catholic is trusting in their works to save them. And Galatians makes clear that those who are attempting to be justified by works are fallen from grace and cut off from Christ.

Amen KJ... I have to question someone's understanding of Catholicism if they think otherwise.

Krispy

2007/5/2 15:54

Re:

KrispyKrittr said

Quote:
No Corey, there is no comparison to the widow in the parable.

The temple was not apostate... the leadership was.

They were not teaching false doctrine in the temple. What they were teaching was truth, but there hearts were far from God.

Where the head turns the body surely follows.

Are you prepared to say there isn't a poor catholic widow that's going to heaven? Not one good thing can come out of the catholic church?

Quote:
My personal opinion is it doesnt matter what church you go to... when they veer off course you should make an attempt to show them their error, but if they refuse... you leave. You dont hang around hoping to "make a difference". What will happen is they "make a difference" on you.

God calls us to seperate from that for our own protection... and we better heed His Word.

It may take time for someone to leave due to ignorance of scripture, but if they are growing as believers it wont take long for them to see that they need to come out.

Doesnt matter if they are JW's, Mormons or Catholics who get saved, they are commanded to come out. You would think it impossible for a Muslim to get saved, and then continue to practice Islam... why would you think it ok for someone who gets saved thats part of any other false religion... like Catholocism?

Makes no sense...

I positively agree that we are called to "come out of her". I am a "come outer" myself.

I am positing the possibility, no, the probability, that somewhere in the deep, dark recesses of "religious establishment" there are believing, prayerful, charitable poor old widows and unloved, but contrite, fatherless bastards that "tremble at God's Word"...

Not every "saved" soul will be as luminous as Savonarola or Luther.

2007/5/2 15:59

Re:

Quote:
Are you prepared to say there isn't a poor catholic widow that's going to heaven? Not one good thing can come out of the catholic church?

Not if she is relying on baptism or the other sacraments to save her. As much good as Mother Teresa did in her life, if her faith was in the sacraments of the "Church"... which is what she claimed, then she is not in heaven right now.

Pope John Paul II was a better man than me, by the world's standards. But is his salvation was in the sacraments of the "Church"... then he is not in heaven either.

Has anything good come out of the Church? Yes... absoltely. The true believers who realized the wretched, hellish doctrines of demons taught by the Catholic Church for what they were... trusted in the Lord Jesus' Blood alone, and came out of the RCC. Thats the good that has come out of the Catholic Church.

Oh... and one more thing good came out of the Catholic Church... BINGO!

B - 12!

Krispy

2007/5/2 16:16

Re:

Quote:
Quote:

Corey said:

And when we start labeling a man who is willing to die for Christ - whatever his sins - WE are more in danger of judgment and hellfire than them.

PreachParsly said:

Do you believe that saying "Lord" and dying because of that profession means you are right with God? In other words, does your own blood being shed make you justified? I'll refuse to believe you do, unless you inform me otherwise.

I believe that God sees all, knows all, and judges all - not us.

I believe that any professing "Christian" who denigrates ANYONE who died for refusing to deny Jesus... who hasn't faced the trial him/herself... is in immediate danger of hellfire and judgement. If we're right with our judgements, good for us. We've proved ourselves great judges of character, now haven't we? Being three thousand miles away... In you comfy chair, flavored coffee, and Windows Vista, with the SUV and white picket fence just outside the window.

Come on, people! We're alive! None of us on this board... NONE OF US HAVE FACED THAT TRIAL. How can we condemn a martyr to hell for being a catholic? Because he's a sinner?

So am I. Condemn me, too.

We don't know any man's relationship with God. And to judge a man's heart by his denomination is, in my humble opinion, is sheer foolishness and utterly dangerous.

Have all the problems with a denomination you want. Judge a man who died in Christ's name at your own peril.

2007/5/2 16:18
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

No doubt, many Catholic martyrs out there have died for refusing to deny Jesus. But that doesn't prove they were Christians. A lot of people die for a lot of things.

2007/5/2 16:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy