Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Belated Apology

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

A Belated Apology

I am copying this from another thread to make it it's own thread. I need to apologize to KrispyKritter for coming at him many months ago over the subject of the Catholic Church. I was frustrated at how the subject just would not die. I have come to realize now that many subjects come up over and over again. This is not always a bad thing unless we become obsessed of preoccupied with the topic. this could even be true of revival and repentance. So... I copy the following text for your consideration.

I recall once that I took the exact same attitude on the subject of Catholicism a few years ago here. I wrote a missive to Krispy to the effect that we had worn the subject out. But I was [u]wrong[/u] to do that. And I make a public declaration of that here. They were trying to shed light on a subject that I was more or less indifferent about. I got tierd of hearing about what I didn't care about. But Krispy cared about it and I did not respect that fact and I was wrong. I am terribly sorry for that and need to ask for [u]forgiveness[/u]. I have occassionally tried to extend an olive leaf of encouragement to him in resitution- but that is not enough. So I am making my plea here and now as a formal apology for that reaction.

2007/4/24 12:13Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re: A Belated Apology

You are a true light of the love of Christ my brother.

2007/4/24 12:27Profile

Re: A Belated Apology

Wow... I am truly humbled, brother. To be honest, I dont even recall the incident and havent harbored any ill feelings toward you. But I do forgive you, and ask you to forgive me if I said anything inappropriate to you during that discussion. I could go and look it up and see what this is all about, but I dont even want to know. I just want to assure you that all is forgiven, and I hold you up in even higher regard than I did before I read this... and that was pretty high then.

I love you, brother. Please consider whatever damage may have done between us to be gone, and we are completely restored as brothers in arms in this vast army of God. I'm proud to share a fox-hole with you.

Krispy

2007/4/24 13:08
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I love you, brother. Please consider whatever damage may have done between us to be gone, and we are completely restored as brothers in arms in this vast army of God. I'm proud to share a fox-hole with you.

Thank you brother. And certainly I love you also. Hopefully we can get together in Ohio or something. Would love to meet you. That holds true for Jay also and even the Webrev. This place has been such a blessing in my life. :-)

2007/4/24 13:19Profile

Re:

Several people have asked me if I was coming to Canton in October. The first person who asked me that got this as my response... "You mean the pro-football hall of fame town? Wasnt planning on it... Why?"

LOL... then I checked into the SI revival meeting post and realized what he was talking about.

Just so every knows, at this point I probably will not be making the trip. It's hard to get out of town during the week, but it's also at a time when I'll be getting my football team ready for the playoffs. I cant really take off at that time... the parents who pay to have their kids play kinda expect me to be there.

I wish I could tho... and who knows, as the time draws closer perhaps something will work out. Maybe our team's board of directors will fire me or something! LOL

Just wanted to let everyone know... save ya time asking me thru PM's. (Tho I dont mind getting PM's!)

Hey, if I do get there, we all need to take a couple hours and visit the Hall of Fame. That would be cool. Maybe we could preach on the sidewalk in front.

Krispy

2007/4/24 13:30
Compton

Re:

Hey Krisp,

Maybe you could organize a field trip for the team to go to Canton and visit the Football HOF...you know for inspiration. The parents might even foot the bill for your tour bus! ;-)

(I'm kidding here...)

MC

2007/4/24 13:43Profile

Re:

LOL... yea, well... usually by that time in the season half the parents hate my guts. It's the nature of the business. I wish we could ban parents from practices and games. The only trip they would pay for is a trip "south" ... if you get my drift...

Coaching is a thankless job. The reward is seeing a kid a few years later who thanks you for the difference you made in their life.

Not all bad parents are bad.

Seriously tho... we'll see what happens. I would love to be there.

Krispy

2007/4/24 15:42
SeanHobson

Cleveland, OH

Re:

I wish I could coach (for I enjoy helping children), but God called me from sports by reason of my idolartry of it. I used to play the sports games, and when I would be in prayer i'd think of moves to do while playing!!

But God has blessed you RobertW, to humble yourself (as were supposed to) in public is of great admiration, thank you for setting a godly example.

2007/4/24 20:01Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I wish we could ban parents from practices and games.

LOL. Sounds like some of the communities around here...where every child is above average. ;-)

2007/4/25 0:40Profile

Re:

Quote:
I wish I could coach (for I enjoy helping children), but God called me from sports by reason of my idolartry of it. I used to play the sports games, and when I would be in prayer i'd think of moves to do while playing!!

Believe me... football can very easily be an idol for me. I feel like I am walking a tight-rope between August and November every year. However, I pray with my team (in the name of Jesus Christ... I dont care if it's a public organization or not), I have my big ol' KJV w/me on the field while I'm giving my pep talk before each practice and game. I use football as an ministry... and that really helps me to keep balance.

I design my pep talks to be kinda like mini Sunday school lessons.

But I respect anyone who realizes their own struggle with something that becomes and idol... and gives it up.

You have my admiration, bro.

Krispy

2007/4/25 7:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy