SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Total Depravity & Entire Sanctification

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Double Post. I got an Internal Server Error when I clicked submit, so I refreshed the page.

2007/5/4 10:25Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
"When we see Him, we will be like Him"

That verse cannot mean that we will be like God in every manner. Impossible.

Christ was [b]not[/b] a created being. (I'm sure you agree.) He had no beginning. We were created, we had a beginning.

If we are going to be like Christ in every manner, then you would have to conclude that when we see Him, we will change into something that had no beginning.

So, when we see Him, we are going to change from creation into creator! I don't think so...

If you agree that won't happen, then you have to agree that we will not be like Him in every manner.

2007/5/4 10:25Profile

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Quote:
"When we see Him, we will be like Him"

That verse cannot mean that we will be like God in every manner. Impossible.

Why?
Quote:
Christ was [b]not[/b] a created being. (I'm sure you agree.) He had no beginning. We were created, we had a beginning.

But Jesus was born and Christ now has a new Body in which to dwell. Is that not so?

Quote:
If we are going to be like Christ in every manner, then you would have to conclude that when we see Him, we will change into something that had no beginning.

We change into something of Himself that has no end and will rule and reign with Him forever.

Quote:
So, when we see Him, we are going to change from creation into creator! I don't think so...

Whatever just like Him means.

Quote:
If you agree that won't happen, then you have to agree that we will not be like Him in every manner.

Eye hasn't seen and ear hasn't heard nor has it entered into the heart of man what God has for who love Him.

2007/5/4 11:04
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Do you honestly believe that when we see Him we are going to go from having a beginning to never having one? I've got some news.... Your not going to go from being a creation of God to being the Creator Himself.

Quote:

Eye hasn't seen and ear hasn't heard nor has it entered into the heart of man what God has for who love Him.

1Cr 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Cr 2:10[b]But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit:[/b] for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

2007/5/4 11:16Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Why?

Because to say so would be ultra unbiblical and utter heresy. Man is not evolving into God. This is the teaching of Joseph Smith.

Quote:
But Jesus was born and Christ now has a new Body in which to dwell. Is that not so?

John 1 tells us that the Word that was with God in the beginning [i]became[/i] flesh and dwelled among us. This was God taking on humanity.

Wherefore in all things it behoved [u]him to be made like unto his brethren[/u], that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. (Hebrews 2:17)

God was made like unto man- man is not being made like unto God. Not in the sense that He/She becomes 'sons' of God as if their were all little gods.

I urge you to reconsider and renounce such a belief as this.

2007/5/4 11:17Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

Jesus existed long, long, long before He was born of a woman.

2007/5/4 11:18Profile

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Quote:

So did Adam and you and I too.

Ephesians 1:4-5 (KJV)

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

2007/5/4 11:24
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

Ormly wrote:
Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Quote:

So did Adam and you and I too.

Ephesians 1:4-5 (KJV)

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Where does that verse say we existed before the foundation of the world? It says he chose us, it doesn't say we existed before the foundation of the world.

2007/5/4 11:27Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
How do you know that?? Given what Jesus said, I am forced to disagree. Why would it be a violation in your thinking tto believe God would have such a plan for Himself established in divine-human beings with Jesus Christ as the head?

Then why deny divinity for man when Jesus, the Man, was the first of the first fruits of it all?

OK, now you are speaking plainly. You do believe that man will become divine. Your use of the phrase 'divine-human beings' of others than Christ make it clear that you are propounding that the human will become divine.

Now, I hear clearly what you are saying... and you are wrong.

2007/5/4 11:35Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
It is plain you refuse to believe the simple written word. Asking someone to explain what you refuse to accept only stirs up strife.

What does this mean? I thought we had abandoned the idea of infallibility. How is that when you hold the view it is 'the simple written word' but when others quote the 'simple written word' you see it as an attempt to stir up strife?

2007/5/4 11:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy