SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Total Depravity & Entire Sanctification

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
The new born in Him is likenned to Jesus, the Babe in a manger, a child to become a son brought into glory.. "A Child is born and a Son given".

Now you are making me curious. Please explain what you mean by 'divinity happening'. To whom does 'divinity happen'? By definition, divinity, is an eternal state. How and to whom does 'divinity happen'?

2007/5/3 16:43Profile

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:
The new born in Him is likenned to Jesus, the Babe in a manger, a child to become a son brought into glory.. "A Child is born and a Son given".

Now you are making me curious. Please explain what you mean by 'divinity happening'. To whom does 'divinity happen'?

You keep asking this an I keep answering it.

Jesus Christ, Son of Man-Son of God, is the first of first fruits of divine-humanity. This is what God is after from His creation from the beginning.
The Disciples being the first fruits that followed after. All who are born again and in Christ will follow. All, in Him, will become divinely-human. Jesus had His graduation day at the Mt. Transfiguration. We will have ours when we see Him in the next life. In the meanwhile we are to overcome in this life, by abiding in Him, and that mostly to do with our old sinful natures that don't die too easily.

2007/5/3 16:51

Re:

Quote:

RobertW wrote:
Quote:
But[and]we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18 (KJV)

But this does not imply that we are becoming divine. That would be to escalate the order of man's being from man- beyond angel's to being equal with God. I have to reject man being transformed into the image of God from glory to glory in any way that would render man divine.

Tell me is this from Jesus not what He came to establish....purposed to do after He redeemed man?

John 17:20-23 (KJV) Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

I would like a YES or NO to that.

2007/5/3 16:56
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
All, in Him, will become divinely-human. Jesus had His graduation day at the Mt. Transfiguration. We will have ours when we see Him in the next life. In the meanwhile we are to overcome in this life, by abiding in Him, and that mostly to do with our old sinful natures that don't die too easily.

Jesus Christ is the Eternal Son of God and was God before the creation. He is the second person in the God-head. He was God and man. The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.

I have sensed that either you have a grossly underestimation of who Jesus Christ is or a greatly overly estimated view of what man will become. Man will never be Divine as Jesus Christ is Divine.

2007/5/3 17:03Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

No. Not in the sense you are seeing it. For man to be 'glorified' is for man to take His place as having been made in the Image of God as God intended Him to be and nothing more. Man is not graduating into a Divine being. This is the heresy of the Latter Day Saints.

2007/5/3 17:05Profile

Re:

Quote:

RobertW wrote:
Quote:
All, in Him, will become divinely-human. Jesus had His graduation day at the Mt. Transfiguration. We will have ours when we see Him in the next life. In the meanwhile we are to overcome in this life, by abiding in Him, and that mostly to do with our old sinful natures that don't die too easily.

Jesus Christ is the Eternal Son of God and was God before the creation. He is the second person in the God-head. He was God and man. The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.

I have sensed that either you have a grossly underestimation of who Jesus Christ is or a greatly overly estimated view of what man will become. Man will never be Divine as Jesus Christ is Divine.

I know all that ...you just can't get beyond the message of redemption...Thas too bad.

2007/5/3 17:09

Re:

Quote:

RobertW wrote:
No. Not in the sense you are seeing it. For man to be 'glorified' is for man to take His place as having been made in the Image of God as God intended Him to be and nothing more. Man is not graduating into a Divine being. This is the heresy of the Latter Day Saints.

Right and me a pentecostal of 60yrs. Go figger your conclusion a little better

2007/5/3 17:10
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Right and me a pentecostal of 60yrs. Go figger your conclusion a little better

OK. I'll try again. Do you believe that man will someday be divine as Jesus Christ is Divine? BTW, I'm Pentecostal also. :-)

2007/5/3 17:18Profile

Re:

DElete duplicate

2007/5/3 17:39

Re:

What does first fruits mean if not that?

1 John 3:2 (GW) 3: Dear friends, now we are God's children. What we will be isn't completely clear yet. We do know that when Christ appears we will be like him because we will see him as he is.

2007/5/3 17:40

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy