SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why KJV Only?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
but I will say that I believe it was a demonic conspiracy

If I may quote a man that I respect greatly..."Thats conjecture."

2007/4/13 13:11Profile

Re:

Quote:
Using the logic of Krispy and others we see a problem with the KJV as follows:

... Jay, brother... get a little more educated in this issue. Not so that you'll agree with me, but so that you may understand the issues. I'm convinced you really dont understand the root issues of this topic.

Krispy

2007/4/13 13:12

Re:

Quote:
If I may quote a man that I respect greatly..."Thats conjecture."

LOL... I agree. Altho it may be fact, I cant proove it conlusively, so at the end of the day it is my opinion.

Krispy

2007/4/13 13:17

Re:

Quote:
Does God have the power to "preserve" His Word? Of course! But does it mean that one particular translation or set of sources is absolutely perfect compared with another? Not necessarily.

So you're saying God didnt preserve His Word... He either preserved it in tact, or He didnt perserve it at all. But He promised He would, so He did. Thats the God I serve.

Krispy

2007/4/13 13:19
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
... Jay, brother... get a little more educated in this issue.

Krispy, educate me on this issue by responding to that last post. I feel you will see that I took the same logic you use against the modern translation, applied it to the KJV to show you how ridiculous it really is.

2007/4/13 13:19Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I like KJV because it sounds pretty.

2007/4/13 13:21Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

while we Christians will probably debate this issue of bible translations to the very end, the only thing that bothers me is what i should tell people is the word of God? an example is, what do i say to a Muslim who wonders what bible he should read? because they are all different? this is what is the problem to me, what do i tell the unsaved? we have different bible versions and they say different things, witch one is the Word of God?

2007/4/13 13:24Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

hmmhmm,

The good thing about most bibles is that while about 3-5% of scriptures have subtle differences between translations, the other 95-98% is virtually the same... surely Jesus can work through any just about any bible.

There are some absolute heathens who only read the KJV (the church of england would be a good reference point) and some completely sold out and on-fire people reading the NIV, Living Bible and The Message (although i don't necessarily like the latter).

2007/4/13 13:29Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
So you're saying God didnt preserve His Word... He either preserved it in tact, or He didnt perserve it at all. But He promised He would, so He did. Thats the God I serve.

This is a very good point that needs to be addressed. I believe that God did preserve His word, but not like some of us believe.

For example, let's use a courtroom situation. Suppose we have a man on trial for stealing a Ham sandwich (it could happen!). You are all on the jury and we have four witnesses.

The first witness says:
"I saw this man come into the store wearing a black baseball cap. He took the sandwich and ran away."

The second witness says:
“I was outside the store when I saw a man leave the store with a sandwich in his hand. He seemed nervous and in a great hurry to get away.”

The third witness says:
“I saw a man in a white T-shirt grab the sandwich and say ‘Nobody will stop me!’ After he said those words I hid behind a table.’

The fourth witness says:
“I saw a white man in his mid 30s quickly run into the store and take a bite out of a sandwich on the counter. He got into an argument with a worker and shouted something at the worker. As he was running away, he pushed me down and I hurt my leg.”

Now, we have four witnesses who all speak of the same event…in different ways from different perspectives. Are all of them telling the truth? Yes. Do all of them agree? Yes. Do all of them say the exact same thing? No. Does this negate their stories? No, if anything it enhances them.

“This is a good point for the Gospels but it can also be used for the manuscripts we have (that we know about). They agree with one another to an amazing degree. What is remarkable is that no one or organization in the history of the world has ever had all copies. Therefore we know that no one has changed anything that has passed our inspection. We can rest assured that even though the manuscripts do not all agree word for word, we have the preserved word of God.

2007/4/13 13:33Profile

Re:

There is a difference between perspectives (Matt, Mark, Luke & John) and what we see between versions. There is harmony between the four gospels, yet they bring out a different perspective without contradiction. This is not true for versions... and therein lies the flaw in your reasoning.

I'm gonna bow out of this as I have said everything over and over and over and over again on this site... and I dont reckon I have anything new to add, and I certainly havent changed my position.

Not trying to question your motives, Jay, but after reviewing another thread that you started which concerns how different versions render a particular verse, I am getting the feeling that your goal is to shoot holes in the KJV. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats the impression I get.

The original poster of this thread was asking a lgeit question, which I love to answer when it's asked in honesty. But your intent here is to engage me in a debate about something which you've made your mind up about already. I'm finding the debate to be a tad boring. I dont mind answering folks who really want to learn, but I grow tired of the endless debate when there is no clear end to it.

On to better things...

Krispy

2007/4/13 13:39

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy