Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I had a dream

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

I had a dream

On 4/7/07 I had a dream that I wanted to share with you all. It was very vivid and I remember it clearly.

I was standing outside looking westward at the sun. it was low in the sky, so it appeared to be about to set. All of a sudden I saw a huge, Meteor or asteroid?, ball of red fire streak across the sky and hit the sun causing an enormous explosion on the surface. Then as I looked the about a third of the sun went dark.

I began to look around in urgency to tell people to prepare because difficult times were ahead and nobody took me seriously. I then went in my house to store water and make sure that I had canned food for the days ahead.

I want to say I wasn't reading in Revelation or end time events when I dreamed this dream, so it wasn't a hold over from what I had been reading.

I then went to the word and read about this event in Revelation:

[color=0000CC]Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise. [/color]

The thing about this dream that amazed me was I had always thought about the sun being darkened in Revelation as being caused by something in our atmosphere, a volcano of huge magnitude or the impact of a meteor on our own surface. But this object hit the sun. I have since looked up the word smitten in this verse and it means in the Strongs:

1) to strike, smite

1) to form, mould (something from clay, wax, etc.)

a) used of a potter

(through the idea of flattening out)

I also read the rest of the chapter and the thing that really stood out to me was the part about God sealing His servants. I see so many saints going through horrendous difficulties right now and some are jumping ship, others are clinging to God for sheer life. It seems to me that there is a sealing going on. Solidifying of believers into who or what they believe, will their relationship with God weather the storms?

[color=0000CC]Hbr 12:27 And this [word], Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.[/color]

[color=0000CC]Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:[/color]

[color=0000CC]Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. [/color]

[color=0000CC]Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.[/color]

[color=0000CC]Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.[/color]

Your thoughts?

2007/4/9 9:28Profile
Nellie

Re: I had a dream

Thanks for sharing Goldminer.
May God Bless you.
Nellie

2007/4/9 11:56Profile

Quote:
Your thoughts?

Dreams need to be interpreted.

I see the 1/3 part of the sun being darkened meaning that a 1/3 part of the United States which is the Super Power of the day, will lose it's strength.

Quote:
I began to look around in urgency to tell people to prepare because difficult times were ahead and nobody took me seriously.

Only a few will listen and take to heart the things that will befall this nation. When you trusted in your riches, and the strength of the constitution, we are the military might of the world how can any thing happen to us? This is the mind set of all peoples of all times when disaster or war takes place, they put their strength in the arm of flesh.

Quote:
I then went in my house to store water and make sure that I had canned food for the days ahead.

You began to take inventory of your own your life(house) and made sure that you had enough spiritual water and spiritual food for the difficulties ahead.

The light of the United States is going to be lessoned, not completely, only a 1/3. God gives ample time for a nation to repent of it's deeds and who knows if God will increase that light once again.

This is an interpretation and only God gives such interpretations, please judge my words :-)

2007/4/9 12:25
Goldminer

Alabama

Can you please explain why you think this is the United States?

2007/4/9 14:17Profile
dohzman

Re:

I personally take the Word of God literally to mean what it says. If the Lord gives you a dream of warning than you need to pray for wisdom as one who will need to know what exactly you're to do with this dream. I, like you, believe these things will impact the whole world. Thanks for shareing.

2007/4/9 15:24Profile
Compton

Re:

HI all,

These type of conversations always peak my curiosity...

Quote:
I personally take the Word of God literally to mean what it says.

Excellent advice.

Quote:
If the Lord gives you a dream of warning than you need to pray for wisdom as one who will need to know what exactly you're to do with this dream.

Are we saying our dreams can be the Word of God? Just a curious question from one who has had his own share of dreams.

Blessings,

MC

2007/4/9 18:11Profile

Re:

Quote:

Goldminer wrote:
Can you please explain why you think this is the United States?

Yes indeed! The US isn't the only nation in the world you know :-P

Even if the dream was symbolic rather than literal, this interpretation doesn't "sing" ( as a friend would put it) at all.

in Him

Jeannette

2007/4/9 18:30
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
Are we saying our dreams can be the Word of God? Just a curious question from one who has had his own share of dreams

You'll notice I enjoy obscure passages of scripture, not that we would build doctrine or dogma on them, but rather that we take notice of them and learn from them and apply our hearts toward wisdom in them. If we are fortunate enough to find examples out of the Word of God that corresponds with those obsure scriptures than we'er doubly blessed. Here's what I mean :
Quote:
Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
Job 33:15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
Job 33:16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
Job 33:17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.
Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

It needs to be noted who spoke this too(just an aside note). We can see this through out scripture played out many times, but I rather like to look at the Life of Joseph
Quote:
Mat 2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
Mat 2:13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
Mat 2:14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt: Mat 2:22 But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee:

I see Joseph as a wiseman. It's one thing to recieve something from heaven, it's entirely another thing to know what to do with it. Daniel learned early in life that his source was his God
Quote:
Dan 1:17 As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.

I believe that God is and does speak more to mankind than we are willing to acknowledge, to both saved and unsaved persons. What do you think?

2007/4/9 18:52Profile

Re:

[edited by Intens4Him because of harshness]

2007/4/9 19:10

Goldminer,

What an awesome yet solemn dream. Let me encourage you to wait on the Lord. This is the dream the Lord gave you and He will give you the intrepretation also in His time. It will probably end up being very simple once it becomes known... like, "Why didn't I think of that?" LOL But this seems like one worth praying and fasting over.

Isn't this way awesome? We never know where God is taking us!! God bless you.

2007/4/9 19:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy