SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : NEEDED: Help with sermon scriptures!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 NEEDED: Help with sermon scriptures!

Saints,

I am simply looking for people to help me ascertain the scriptures used in the sermons. I have a opportunity to get the sermons of "sermonindex.net" into some of the bigger bible searches on the internet but I need to have for every Audio Sermon a scripture reference.

[b]How can you help?[/b] simply listen to a sermon that does not have a scripture reference under the title and mark down the main scripture that is spoken about.

Send it to me in this format:

sermon title
sermon speaker
scripture used

Please send me to me as many of these as possible. I am working to finish off the A.W. Tozer section. If alot of brothers and sisters join in with this we could finish the 14,000 sermons in a week.

You can simply Email me the sermon title, speaker and scripture. Or they can be private messaged to me. If you have any questions let me know.

2007/4/5 17:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: NEEDED: Help with sermon scriptures!

respond to this post if you are interested in starting to help with this, and if you have any questions.

2007/4/5 20:44Profile

Re:

Greg,

I am interested in helping and since I am familiar with very few of the sermons, it would be a great way for me to learn about them and the Word.

If you would like to direct me to someone in particular, I would be sure to start listening to them for SI, you, myself, and God.

Let me know,
God Bless,
Brian

2007/4/6 2:26

Re: NEEDED: Help with sermon scriptures!

Brother Greg,

Would be more than happy to help you in this area. I to can pick out certain speakers that i like and prefer but if there are other speakers you would have me concentrate on to start out with, I would be most willing to help out, just let me know.

Brother Julian

2007/4/6 2:48
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am interested in helping and since I am familiar with very few of the sermons, it would be a great way for me to learn about them and the Word.

It can be simplier then this.

1- If you are listening to a sermon for personal edification during it just jot down the 1-2 scriptures mentioned during the sermons.

2- If you are listening to a sermon for specific help in this area just simply listen to the sermon until the scripture reading is given and jot that down and don't listen to the rest and go onto to another sermon. I finished 60 tozer sermons in a hour and half doing this.

2007/4/6 4:28Profile

Re:

Count me in. I'll see what I can do. Is anyone else listening to the recently added David Wilkerson messages?

2007/4/6 9:41
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Count me in. I'll see what I can do. Is anyone else listening to the recently added David Wilkerson messages?

Joy,

I think you can just go ahead and start doing the scriptures for the sermons you are listening to, once you are done about 3-5 then send them to me so I can get it up so others don't do the same ones.

much appreciated.

2007/4/6 12:17Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Brother Greg,

Are there plans to create a sermon-by-scripture search (and/or by topic) feature like the one available to find certain hymns on Cyber Hymnal? I imagine something like this would be a blessed and profitable resource (if SermonIndex could be even more blessed!) as visitors now can browse the indexes by a preacher's name only. Many of the preachers are unknown by large and therefore go unlistened to, though much of them have terrific teachings on great and varied topics that deserve front-and-center attention. I would be pleased to help you in what you are currently requesting; I could also help separate the messages into categories like Holiness, Sin, Overcoming Temptation, Grace, Hell, etc. Imagine that with one click you could have every [i]written and audio sermon on SI[/i] pertaining to "Judgment" (this a very exciting - if not overwhelming - thought).

Is something like this practical? Is it too much work? Would it be too expensive to implement? I'll do everything I can to help, both manually and monetarily.

Brother Paul

2007/4/6 12:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Are there plans to create a sermon-by-scripture search (and/or by topic) feature like the one available to find certain hymns on Cyber Hymnal?

What I am desiring first is for people to quickly listen to the first few minutes of sermons and send me off the [b]first scripture[/b] mentioned in the sermon.

I am going to try to create a search by "scripture" function on sermonindex once enough have been completed. Also a big reason for the rush on getting a "scripture" for EVERY sermon is that I am going to get all the sermons listed in alot of bible search engines (big bible sites) on the internet.

I do see the next step is getting "descriptions" and "topics" done for every sermon also. I am going to need to make room in the database for the topical listing and spot for it on the download info page.

Right now if you want to help getting scriptures for sermons. If every person gets 50 or 100 to me it would be a great help. ie just listening to the first few minutes of those 50-100 sermons and recording the first scripture reference quoted.

And then email me the speaker name, title, scripture for all those sermons.

2007/4/6 13:05Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
How can you help? simply listen to a sermon that does not have a scripture reference under the title and mark down the main scripture that is spoken about.

Send it to me in this format:

sermon title
sermon speaker
scripture used

I encourage people to keep helping and sending emails with the ones they have done.

2007/4/7 15:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy