SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Peace be with you"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

"Peace be with you"

OK...since I have become a Christan I have had several dreams, which I have noted some on SI. Most are good concerning God and other related things.

Lately, I have been searching a deeper relationship with our Lord, but it did not 'seem' as though I was progressing.

This morning, after my 5-6am morning church, I took a little nap before I had to get ready for 6:50am. The dream is actually fussy, but as I was waking up, the most incredible 'voice' said to me... "Brian, peace be with you."

Now, I am not one to 'jump the gun', but I am wondering what some people think...honestly. It could have been part of my dream. It could have been anything. One thing that I know is that it was a 'power' that I felt all through my being. It was almost as a thought, but a thought bigger than anything that I am able to comprehend.

Anyway...I have been 'thinking' about it all day.

God Bless and Peace Be With You All,
BrianMira

2007/3/22 2:03

Re: "Peace be with you"

Hi Brian,

Interesting. A lot of people have waking dreams or spiritual occurrences. This sounds normal-ish. ;-)

I am not one to hear a voice when God speaks to me, but some years ago, I had been prayed for on a Sunday morning after church, for a very important healing - which I knew God was going to do - and was planning on giving Him three days to communicate something to me. I didn't want to lose faith by expecting something too soon.

However, as I awoke the next morning, I heard a voice calling me by my name. The only other people in the house were my children, who call me 'mum', so I concluded it was God. I also concluded this because the thing that had been prayed for had been done already and wonderfully.

2007/3/22 22:09

Re:

Thank you for your response Dorcas.

Also, while teaching my English classes, I teach always in line with Christianty and over the last few occasions while speaking, a warm flow of energy comes over me and I feel as if it is like a 'chill' but a much warmer and more comfortable feeling.

There is a pastor in this English class I teach and he says that he is grateful for my graceful teaching. I don't know if it is really 'me'.

The reason why I am asking about all of this is because I am in doubt about my 'fullness' of the Holy Spirit. The thing is that I truly believe I have received it and there are many instances which lead me to trust this, but then I wonder if it is true or should I just be patient.

I think I am waiting for an experience like Apostle Paul. I don't know... :-(

God Bless those that know,
Brian

P.S. Today my fiancee and I went for a jog and witnessed to an old lady that laughed at us and said that she will probably go to hell. She suffered from a stroke and was in obvious pain, however, she did not seem to care too much about where she was going. Then we jogged about 50 meters and saw another old lady with possibly her son, whom were taking a break from gardening. They were getting drunk and eating some sort of powdered milk for food. They did not care too much about heaven or hell or God or anything else for that matter.

Feeling a little saddened, we jogged away and I saw an old man sitting along side the river that we were jogging by and we stopped (I believe the spirit led me to each of these people ... but then again...do I have the spirit??!!). He was older and we started talking (I witnessed, my finacee translated and he listened and asked questions).

After a few minutes, a man on a bicycle stopped as he was driving by and got off of his bike and sat beside the old man.

By this time, I was standing on the lower section of the stairs near the water looking up to them as they sat on the top step near the pathway. My fiancee was standing beside them translating what I was saying. After a few minutes, the new younger man, started to cry and said that he just lost his job and that he was a buddhist and was losing hope in his life. He said that he was drunk (this was at 9am!!!) and wanted to go for a drive on his bike to get away from his family and he heard me 'preaching' so he stopped.

The two men were listening and asking questions, when another person stopped, then another, then another, then another, then a few others would stop and listen and keep going. In all, there was 7 people who stopped and listened and asked questions. One man who arrived at the end, was really interested and never heard about 'repentance' before.

Anyway...my fiancee and I went for a jog eventually and at the moment are getting ready for our day... :-)

2007/3/28 1:27

Dear Brian,

Thanks for all you share about spreading the gospel. I have had questions about [i]how[/i] to spread the gospel, for over a year now, which God is slowly answering, and you have added a little more weight to the 'should we' part of the questions I'm asking......

The phrase 'the wrath of God cometh upon the children of disobedience' (in the KJV - Ephesians) is translated by Tyndale 'of unbelief', which gives it a whole different feel. Somehow, this is tied up (in my understanding) with the question of how I will answer God if I have not told people. I mean, I am not 'an evangelist' (or am I) just like you wonder how full you are of the Spirit.... let me say this in comment upon your predicament.... that if you were not [i]flowing[/i] in the Spirit, you would have nothing to say, and that as you are pouring out, God Himself is pouring in. This is one reason sometimes we don't [i]feel[/i] our fulness. But, if you are really spreading the word, then you will have a particular sort of [u]joy[/u], which is unique to evangelism. It's almost like an endorphin in its urgency towards acquiring more (if possible) as soon as possible by telling someone else (about Jesus). People obviously respond not just to your sincerity, but to some note of authority in your testimony (which you probably can't hear in your own voice).

Getting back to God's wrath, will I be in more trouble with Him if I [i]don't[/i] proclaim the gospel, than if I do it badly though well-meaningly, or, is there a place for a real Christian simply not to tell people about Jesus?

In writing, that question looks ridiculous, but, this is the way some of us think (thought) was a good (or a better) way to proceed, just in case we were not speaking [i]in[/i] the will of God.

When I think of His sacrifice, it seems even less plausible that He would not want everyone to hear, but, there must be a way of keeping quiet too, so that God can do His own work amongst those who know us the best, and also, that He knows [i]them[/i] the best, and how to speak apart from our 'knowledge' of the difficulties in the lives of such as colleagues and acquaintances.

Going back to your 'dream' I was thinking around Christmas and our approach to it, that the things the angels said were 'goodwill from God to man' and 'peace on earth'. We need to minister these truths unashamedly. God has reconciled the world to Himself, through Jesus Christ. You and your fiancee are His ambassadors and I'm sure it pleases Him to see and inspire your witness.

Malachi 3 (NKJV)
16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another,
And the LORD listened and heard [i]them;[/i]
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the LORD
And who meditate on His name.

17 "They shall be Mine," says the LORD of hosts,
"On the day that I make them My jewels.
And I will spare them
As a man spares his own son who serves him."

18 Then you shall again discern
Between the righteous and the wicked,
Between one who serves God
And one who does not serve Him.

2007/3/28 1:50

Re:

Thank you..again..Dorcas...

You shed light to some of the points that I am trying to figure out...

Quote:

I mean, I am not 'an evangelist' (or am I) just like you wonder how full you are of the Spirit.... let me say this in comment upon your predicament.... that if you were not [i]flowing[/i] in the Spirit, you would have nothing to say, and that as you are pouring out, God Himself is pouring in. This is one reason sometimes we don't [i]feel[/i] our fulness. But, if you are really spreading the word, then you will have a particular sort of [u]joy[/u], which is unique to evangelism. It's almost like an endorphin in its urgency towards acquiring more (if possible) as soon as possible by telling someone else (about Jesus). People obviously respond not just to your sincerity, but to some note of authority in your testimony (which you probably can't hear in your own voice).

I cannot get enough of this feeling...it beats any drug or worldly substance that I have ever felt.

It is funny... because as I 'witness', I am praying that God 'fill' me and give me the right words to say. In my mind, I have no idea what I am going to say, but as long as I stay focused on God, the words come out smoothly with conviction. This was evident today, when more people showed up and I was thinking that I was not sure how to 'curve' my message so that it would incorporate those that heard and those that were hearing for the first time.

As my fiancee translated, it gave me time to 'meditate' or pray that the Spirit be with us and as soon as she finished translating a particular sentence or idea the words came to me. It was as though I was witnessing my own witnessing. I saw myself there, along with my fiancee, talking about Christianity and other related things, as people came and stopped and listened and asked questions, but it did not seem to take any power on my behalf, nor did my fiancee have any difficulty translating what I said.

It was surreal and when we departed from them, my fiancee and I just looked at one another with a pleasant smile and understanding that what we did, although relatively new and strange, was 'nice' and strengthening.

In most cases, I believe my fiancee does what I ask, however, I am beginning to believe that this is because she and I are in belief that I am following my heart where the Spirit is growing.

Lately, I have been weeping more and more for and over more and more things. My old way of life is but testimony for me now and although I pray that I would never 'turn back' to wickedness, I know our Lord has a plan for my family and that it is too late for me to 'turn back' now. The light is my life.

It is not all a bed of roses, this I know for certain. The devil's (t)horns are everywhere we go. As long as I continually seek His face, the devil will be behind and under our feet.

I cannot do anything else in this life but to please Him for all that He has done for me.

Sometimes, I look at who I am now compared to who I was and laugh at how much I have grown and changed.

Quote:

Getting back to God's wrath, will I be in more trouble with Him if I [i]don't[/i] proclaim the gospel, than if I do it badly though well-meaningly, or, is there a place for a real Christian simply not to tell people about Jesus?

In writing, that question looks ridiculous, but, this is the way some of us think (thought) was a good (or a better) way to proceed, just in case we were not speaking [i]in[/i] the will of God.

When I think of His sacrifice, it seems even less plausible that He would not want everyone to hear, but, there must be a way of keeping quiet too, so that God can do His own work amongst those who know us the best, and also, that He knows [i]them[/i] the best, and how to speak apart from our 'knowledge' of the difficulties in the lives of such as colleagues and acquaintances.

This makes me think back 5 years ago, when I attended World Youth Day 2002. I truly believe God/Jesus/the Holy Spirit??? spoke directly to my heart and asked me if I would follow. This experience led me to search truth, but since I knew nothing about 'Christianity' or the differences of the other faiths like Catholics, I spent the next year 'telling' people God is real and that He spoke to me.

This eventually confused me because everyone thought that I was crazy and I did not know where to go 'exactly' to get answers. Eventually, I was led to a church and was 'set straight', but that was after more drug and alcohol abuse and being thrown in the rubber room of a hospital for 6 weeks.

While there I read my new bible and was eventually allowed to go to the church. A year later I was baptized and was more able to 'witness' to my experiences. Over the next few years, I have been learning more and am more able to 'witness' better.

So, I think and feel that although my initial "God is real, because he spoke to me" witnessing was not so effective, I do believe that it was and will be a 'stepping stone' for me and will allow my overall purpose to strengthen and take shape while God continues to use me as His...disciple, messenger, evangelist or just a Christian who witnesses his testimony.

I see the progress and how God has used me in different situations, even though I may, at times, have spoken, when I should have been listening. I have much to learn and am becoming more willing to do so.

Quote:

Going back to your 'dream' I was thinking around Christmas and our approach to it, that the things the angels said were 'goodwill from God to man' and 'peace on earth'. We need to minister these truths unashamedly. God has reconciled the world to Himself, through Jesus Christ. You and your fiancee are His ambassadors and I'm sure it pleases Him to see and inspire your witness.

A few months ago, while sleeping at my fiancee's grandmothers home, my fiancee woke me up and asked me why I said her name. I had no idea what she was talking about, but she insisted that she heard a man with a strong voice say "Mira, Mira"... She was soooooo certain and was convinced that it was something and maybe of the Spirit.
The 'jury' is still out on that one... ;)

About a month ago, we were having problems with our morning church and were contemplating going to another. One day we decided to 'skip' it and have our own morning church at home, after a short nap. During our nap, I had a dream about our morning church pastor and wife. It was about them getting mad at us and them driving me to the 'crazy hospital'. This somewhat confused the both of us and made us feel guilty.

Two days later, she met with them and got a bad 'vibe' and that evening I had another 'strange' dream where I was trying to feed the pastors children because he was not there, when he came home and yelled at me. This made me think that the first dream may have meant that I SHOULD NOT be there, rather than feeling guilty for not showing up.

The next evening, I had another dream that she and I were sitting in the morning church and we just stood up and left. That same night, my fiancee had a dream (at her home with her parents) that she told the pastor's wife that we could not longer attend their morning church. In the dream, the pastors wife yelled at my fiancee.

So...my fiancee and I decided last week to STOP going. I took her there last Saturday afternoon and together we told the pastor's wife (ironically the pastor was away with his 'puritian' senior pastor [I now use the Korean definition of puritan VERY loosely]). The pastor's wife did seem mad and did try to make us feel guilty, but all in all we 'escaped' unharmed.

We now are attending our main (Sunday) churches morning church (confusing...? not really!). Her families church is 100 meters from my apartment, but her family lives about 10 km away, so her father suggested that she and I go to the morning church near their house. Unfortunately, for me,I had to get up and go there, but fortunately, now, I get to go to the church near my house and they have to do the traveling each morning. It's all about balance!!

Anyway...that's my story and I'm stickin to it...thank you again...

God Bless that listen when called,
BrianMira

2007/3/28 8:18

Re: 'Peace be with you'

Hi Brian,

Thanks for [u]all[/u] you shared in the previous post.

I think you are finding that the Lord does speak to you and leads you very specifically, although on the surface it appears to be slightly random.

Also, I detect (whether you have or not) that the emotional blackmail which was being given both privately and from the pulpit, has not been endorsed by the way God has led you elsewhere.

I notice that your thread 'Am I a prostitute?' was posted on 10th March...

Quote:
My present, morning church, 'puritian' pastor says that we must stay at 'our own' church and not go to other churches. He and his 'puritian' senior insist that those who go to other churches are prostitutes.

As for me, my home church is an all black baptist church in Canada, but since I have been to Korea, I have been to about seven other ones. My fiancee and I find great joy in learning from different pastors, since we are both relatively new in our walk with the Lord.

So, it took the Lord about three weeks to clarify your course to you and your fiancee. I understand your confusion, initially, though.

I also have found it a joy to learn from different pastors. I call it 'cross-fertilisation'. This leads to healthy growth.

In a similar way, I've been very blessed through meeting the brethren and sisters on my US trip. I can't put into words how it has encouraged and strengthened me, but the exercise of (all) our faith was character-forming and constructive.

Thank you for your part in this, also.

2007/4/11 15:58

Quote:
but as I was waking up, the most incredible 'voice' said to me... "Brian, peace be with you."

Brain, Peace Be With You Brother!

I've had waking moments like that, I heard a voice say to me one morning that woke me right out of my sleep, "Be Ready". I fell back to sleep and again the same words woke me out of my sleep again, "Be Ready". That was over 10 years ago.

But I'd take your "Peace be with you" any day, what the LORD said to me jolted me.

2007/4/11 16:21

Re: "Peace be with you"...update...

(THIS EVENING IS SUNDAY).These dreams are over a two night period (FRIDAY AND SATURDAY)...last night and the night before. I posted the first one in the Scriptures and Doctorine section, because there was a discussion about head coverings in which I got "in over my head".

These are copied and pasted from there...these dreams remain very vivid.

South Korea

Online! Re: strange but true

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ginnyrose wrote:

Now let me share something I heard recently - and this by means is the first time I have heard of it or something similar. The latest testimony: a man was experiencing demonic attacks at night. In the course of dealing with this (and I do not know the details) it was decided his wife would wear a headcovering at night. The attacks stopped.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...ginnyrose, like I mentioned, I am sorry for the slight attack towards you as well... let me share something with you...

Last (FRIDAY)night I wrote my original reply to Lisa, which stated that I am unfamiliar with the topic, but I was going to comment on what I understood. Within that time, you (ginnyrose) wrote that response to Lisa.

I cannot tell you exactly what affect it had on me or not, but...

I went to bed around 11:30pm and probably fell asleep soon there after... maybe around one or two in the morning...I started to be attacked in my sleep...I don't know. It is hard to explain, but it was as if I wasn't asleep but these demon like things were poking at me and trying to 'get in me'....but since I 'kinda' knew what was going on, I calmly prayed to God and they went away. I feel back asleep and it happened again and again and again...I am not quite sure how many times I had to pray to get these 'things' away from me, but it was enough for me to remember.

***EDITED (SUNDAY NIGHT) - MY FIANCE TOLD ME LATER THAT SHE WOKE UP (she sleeps at her parents house) AROUND THE SAME TIME WITH "THE WORST PAIN ALL OVER" HER BODY and HER GRANDMOTHER SAID SHE HAD HORRIBLE DREAMS THAT NIGHT TOO...END EDIT***

Finally, I got some sleep until about three...during this time I had a horribly strange dream. My old junior high school teacher was helping students (I am not sure why it was him...I am thinking three possiblities 1)he's a 'teacher' 2) he's not a Christian and needs help 3) i must not be like him).

***He was always good to me, but some people have had problems with him.***

Anyway, in the dream he and I were talking when a bunch of 'punk' kids were driving by on bikes, in cars, and some were on foot. They all were wearing stereotypical street clothes (from my neigborhood anyway)...hat on anyway but straight, baggy jeans, and some basketball jearsy. They were making a lot of noise as they went by and this made my teacher mad.

They were off in a distance (whatever distance is in a dream), so he jumped angerly in his car and drove towards them. Some how he accidentally hit one of the kids on a bike. The kid was ok, but when he got out of his car to check, a whole gang of kids swarmed him and started beating the teacher.

Somehow I knew this was 'happening' so I ran toward him, but the faster or harder I tried, the further it seemed and more kids were continued beating him. Eventually, I realized that they would kill him by the time that I got there (this short 'distance'), so I stopped running and yelled, "HEY!!!". They ALL stopped and looked at me...for one second and then turned to him and EVERYONE pulled out a gun and shot him. They filled his body with bullets.

I woke up...after 3am...

..........END OF SATURDAY REPLIES.......................

****SUNDAY UPDATE****

Re:
OK... we just got back and had a good time with her grandmother...everything seems good with us, but we are still seeking direction and advice about head coverings...

One thing that I need help about, which I will add to the "Peace be with you" thread in the General topics sections.

Last night I had a dream at her grandmother's where two people died. The night before I mentioned that an old teacher from Junior High died in that dream.

In this dream, someone and myself threw a guy in shallow water and he banged his knee and could breath but did not want to 'save himself'. I stood not far from him, but did not nor was not compelled to 'rescue him'. He seemed content with drowning in the shallow water.

The other person, I did not see die, but I was in a room with someone who had a list of names and he was trying to call people to tell about the particular persons death. I knew some of the peoples names on the list, but some of the other writing (at the top of the list) I could not read or understand.

After this, I was at some event walking around, while people were waiting in line. I seemed to have access in another door, which there were less people and it was more calm. I vaguely remember flashes of faces and things that looked familiar. For some reason I did not go inside and walked around. There was someone with me as we walked near somesort of stage. An old man asked me if I was a prophet and without thinking I said,"Yes!!", but quickly I started to think about what I just said, however, the old man said, almost as if he was reading my mind,"yep, you're a prophet! Let's go!" He guided me to the stage, where I knew that I would have to speak...
then I woke up...

...hmmm...

God Bless those that know,
BrianMira

2007/4/15 23:28
BrianMira
Home away from home

I don't know what to say... maybe it was 'the cheese on my pizza'...but I did not have any pizza or cheese :-(

Much guidance is needed,
God Bless,
Brian

P.S. Sorry, if it does not make sense. It does not really make much sense to me either...

2007/4/15 10:46

Re:

I had another dream last night. It was and still remains very vivid. These would be a blessing if I knew what they all meant... :-(

2007/4/17 7:07

Re: 'Peace be with you'

Hi Brian,

I believe these dreams are important. Some people have had a series of dreams which have an interpretation - but not until there has been the repetition of theme does the Lord interpret it to their understanding. I believe if you keep looking to Him, you will get [i]more[/i] understanding.

2007/4/17 16:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy