SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : One Person Communion Kits?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

One Person Communion Kits?

Hello Everyone,

I've searched and searched for days with no luck at all. Would anyone know where i might purchase a communion kit for just myself, one person? I've seen them with 4 and more but wonder is there anywhere i could get one for just myself? For instance, 1 glass (not plastic), something for the bread, a bottle for the juice and if possible, a place for a bottle of anointing oil.

Very Grateful for your help,

Brother Julian

2007/3/17 18:14
Koheleth

NC

Re: One Person Communion Kits?

Greetings Brother Julian,

I would advise you not to purchase a communion kit. The Lord Jesus did not use one. Unfortunately, I do not know your fellowship situation or spiritual background, which means I have no idea what your understanding of communion is. Communion is tied up with "communication" (similar root) and "fellowship" (same Biblical word). There is not a good Scriptural background for taking communion by yourself unless you are in the middle of a Muslim nation with no other Christians around (for example). In the New Testament, communion was shared by a group of believers, probably as part of a larger meal. Although I don't recommend taking communion alone unless necessary, you can have a very God-honoring Lord's Supper without buying anything. All you need is bread and grape juice. What is your relationship with the Lord Jesus and other Christians in your area (if any)?

2007/3/17 19:34Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Koheleth, you said:

Quote:
I would advise you not to purchase a communion kit,

without knowing the present situation of this brother. I happen to know a dear old saint in my church (85 year old widow) who has one-to-one communion [i]every morning[/i] with the Lord Jesus. This elderly woman is a precious, precious saint of God.

Brother Paul

2007/3/17 20:08Profile

Re:

Koheleth,

Smith Wigglesworth took communion "everyday" of his life mostly by himself and was one of the greatest men of God i ever knew. I'm not looking for a debate on communion, just what i've already asked for.

Brother Julian

2007/3/18 4:09
taco

Whilst I believe that the concept of communion by one's self almost completly misses the point...

To answer your question; most stores that sell household goods will sell glasses singally, a plate will surely suffice for placing bead onto.

Other than that I can't imagine what you are looking for

2007/3/18 5:21Profile

Re: Commnuion Kit

taco,

Quote:
Whilst I believe that the concept of communion by one's self almost completly misses the point...

I don't, and neither did Smith Wigglesworth as i've stated. Good grief, i don't need doctrine or comments just help on purchasing a one person communion kit, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
I can't imagine what you are looking for

Ummm, Communion kit perhaps? Ummm, they sell
them all over. I'm just looking for one for myself. If one is made for just one person. If everyone must know, i'm shut in and the Church i use to go to has communion once a year. But i'll drop the subject. Thanks anyway.

Brother Julian

2007/3/18 5:51

Re: Commnuion Kit

Brother Paul,

Quote:
without knowing the present situation of this brother. I happen to know a dear old saint in my church (85 year old widow) who has one-to-one communion every morning with the Lord Jesus. This elderly woman is a precious, precious saint of God.

Thank You so much for your precious discernment in this matter. Your insight is awesome and right on.

Humbly Yours,

Brother Julian

2007/3/18 6:01
HopeinChrist

http://www.vanpoulles.co.uk/index.php?mod=product&id_prd=759

I don't know if this is what you're looking for and it's really pricey but I thought I would post it. You my just have to go with a 4 or 6 piece kit.

2007/3/18 8:32Profile

Re:One Person Communion Kits?

HopeinChrist,

Bless your heart so very much. It's a step in the right direction. I'm very greatfull that you would want to help me out. Bless you friend.

Brother Julian

2007/3/18 8:51
Koheleth

NC

Paul and Julian,

I think you both may be reading into my post something that was not there. First of all, I want to apologize and request your forgiveness for miscommunicating to both of you. There is plenty of misunderstanding that occurs regularly on these forums and I don't wish to contribute. I suppose my statement on advising you not to purchase a kit may have seemed a bit strong, but I did give an answer of sorts, meaning that you may already have what you need to take communion. I use a relatively ordinary glass and plate. At any rate, if my replies aren't helpful, just bypass them and I hope the Lord sends you whatever you need to walk daily with him.

2007/3/20 0:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy