SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 7

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"It was strictly forbidden to preach to other prisoners, as it is in captive nations today. It was understood that whoever was caught doing this received a severe beating. A number of us decided to pay the price for the priviledge of preaching, so we excepted their terms. It was a deal: we preached and they beat us. We were happy preaching; they were happy beating us - so everyone was happy." -Richard Wurmbrand

2007/6/19 22:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Most Christians don't hear God's voice because we've already decided we aren't going to do what He says."
-A.W. Tozer

2007/6/21 0:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

'...the restoration of the church will surely come only from a new type of monasticism which has nothing in common with the old but a complete lack of compromise in a life lived in accordance with the Sermon on the Mount in the discipleship of Christ. I think it is time to gather people together to do this...'
-Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2007/6/24 22:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Where the result which he desired did not attend his own ministry, he would spend days and nights almost constantly on his knees, weeping and pleading before God; and especially deploring his own inadequacy to the great work of saving souls. He was at times when he perceived no movement in the church, literally in agonies; travailing in birth for precious souls, till he saw Christ magnified in their salvation."
--Life of John Smith

2007/6/26 13:21Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

"It appears that too many Christians want to enjoy the thrill of feeling right but are not willing to endure the inconvenience of being right."
[b]A.W. Tozer[/b]

2007/7/2 5:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Great Quotes 7

[i]I think I may already have told you about my great friend, Pastor Fjord Christensen in Denmark. A lady once came to him and said: 'My sufferings and afflictions are so heavy and they have lasted for so many years.' He only replied: 'Have you become a liberal theologian? The Bible says that afflictions are light and only last for a moment.' She spoke as a liar, but he spoke as a man of faith. Which of them was speaking the truth? He was and the lady accepted it. The truth made her free and she was brought back into contact with reality.[/i]

~ Poul Madsen

2007/7/2 9:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Time With God

"The fruit of the Spirit is. . .joy. . ." (Gal. 5:22).

Preached with little freedom. Weariness of body is against me; but still more want of much prayer through the previous week. God will not let me preach with power when I am not much with Him. More than ever do I feel that I should be as much an intercessor as a preacher of the word. Also I have been taught that joy in the Spirit is the frame in which God blesses us to others. Joy arises from fellowship with Him--I find that whatever sorrow or humiliation of spirit presses on us, that should give way in some measure to a fresh taste of God's love when going forth to preach.

-Andrew Bonar

2007/7/4 21:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Hell is the final and eternal doom of spiritually insane, sin-deluded souls, fools who made a mock at sin (Prov. 14:9) when God had warned, 'Be sure your sin will find you out' (Num. 32:23). Hell is the eternal prison of the insane, soul-deluded religionists who had the hallucination that they could get to Heaven by morality, good works, church membership, confirmation, baptism-any way-but who rejected Christ's sure, simple directions: 'I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me' (John 14:6)."
-Fred Barlow

2007/7/22 12:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“If I were to go down to Hell I would shout, “Glory! Glory! Unto my blessed Jesus until I made the bottomless pit ring again, and that miserable old Satan would say, ‘Billy, Billy, this is no place for thee; get thee back.’ Then up to Heaven I would go, shouting, “Glory, glory, praise the Lord!’”
-Billy Bray

2007/7/22 12:28Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Church is all fun and games until someone gets poked in the "I".

~unknown~

2007/7/30 15:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy