SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : HAS the CRASH BEGUN?? - Andrew Strom - COMMENTS?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
taco

Re:

Quote:
I actually called this guy on the phone and explained to him very gently that I was on record from the very beginning as OPPOSING the 'Word of Faith'/ Prosperity gospel very strongly. I said I was also known for publicly renouncing the
flakiness of the 'Prophetic' movement (and in fact the movement itself),

You seem to take this all very personaly. Your website used to contain scores of prophecies from the "prophetic movement" prophecies from joyner cain etc. Also people who could easily be seen as forerunners of the prosperity movement AA Allen etc.

You are perfectly entitled to post whatever you want on your site but its hardly fair to then think that its "hysterical" for sombody to associate you with the people you publish.

[edit: just wanted to add that I have in the past enjoyed many of Mr Strom's writings immensly. I have nothing against the man personaly at all]

2007/3/16 14:43Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

[i][b]soon[/b] we have to be ready...

no money

no food

no work

no social security

breadlines

deceases[/i]

Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

soon...

2007/3/16 14:54Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
soon we have to be ready...

no money

no food

no work

no social security

breadlines

deceases

Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

soon...

Amen.

2007/3/16 14:55Profile
Andrew_Strom

Re:

You wrote:

"Your website used to contain scores of prophecies from the "prophetic movement" prophecies from joyner cain etc. Also people who could easily be seen as forerunners of the prosperity movement AA Allen etc.
You are perfectly entitled to post whatever you want on your site but its hardly fair to then think that its "hysterical" for sombody to associate you with the people you publish."

REPLY:
Very rarely used to publish the odd thing years ago by those 'prophetic' guys. All links and articles were removed years ago, and I have not
published anything of theirs for years.

I basically stand for the exact opposite of what that guy was accusing me of. That is why some might find it "hysterical".

God bless,

Andrew Strom.

2007/3/16 15:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
soon we have to be ready...

no money

no food

no work

no social security

breadlines

deceases

Ugh!

2007/3/16 15:04
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Reconsidering

Quote:
Your website used to contain scores of prophecies from the "prophetic movement" prophecies from joyner cain etc.

Do not know if you recall these;

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=3596&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]Andrew Strom Renounces the Prophetic Movement & the Recent Whitedove Conference in Kansas City ...[/url]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=3659&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go] Leaving the Prophetic Movement Pt.2 (A. Strom)[/url]

What impressed me and always does so is to even [i]hear[/i] of a reconsidering of particular 'positions', very refreshing .. also, very rare.

2007/3/16 15:19Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
Do not know if you recall these;

Of course I recall them, and I absolutley agree with your point.

If you look carefully though you will see that I wasn't accusing Mr Strom of being part of this movement. I was merly pointing out that it isn't outlandish for somebody to have considered him part of that movement.

Honestly speaking, If I had a site that had tons of stuff from Joyner and co. but later made a change in my opinion of these people. And sombody said "aren't you the guy that is into the prophetic movement?" Should I think them hysterical for thinking that of me? or should I say, yes I used to promote their material bu don't anymore.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised that they thought that of me.

2007/3/16 15:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
Soon we have to be ready..., No Money, no Food, no Work, no SS, Breadlines, Deceases

You know, I tend to disagree with all this doom and gloom. If you remember in David Wilkersons the Vision, he said in his book that
Quote:
"I don't see a depression coming but rather a RECESSION that will effect every wage earner in America."

That means it's going to get tough, every dollar earned will be hard to hold onto. Some of us say that "were just scraping by", while still holding on the cable, internet, satellite, cell phones and the like, in the times ahead, these things will have to be dropped off to survive.

In North America, we need this!! We need to know what it's like to be dependent upon our God. In our current state it's nothing to go to the store and grab a steak, we are a fat people in need of nothing. God is going to create a situation where we'll need Him 100%.

Isn't God wonderful! :-)

2007/3/16 15:44
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

I can see both sides in this issue.

I agree that America is becoming more and more secular and that God will not always bless America has He has in the past. America is one of the leading countries in the world in producing evil and enjoying evil. The church needs to be in prayer to God!

I can also see how a person would react to Andrew's columns the way some have. It is very easy to say that America is getting worse and worse and that we are due for a rude awakening, but that doesn't make anyone prophetic.

I pray that as brother Greg has said earlier that this thread would be less about Andrew and more about his article.

Having said that, I also feel led to say this:
Andrew, I pray that God would use you to glorify His kingdom. Also, please know that I say this in love, but I believe some of the backlash you have received is because your writings come across as overstating and exaggerating certain current events.

God Bless

2007/3/16 15:51Profile

Re:

Compliments quoted from [u]The Vision[/u]

Quote:
"I don't see a depression coming but rather a RECESSION that will effect every wage earner in America."

Then said

Quote:
That means it's going to get tough, every dollar earned will be hard to hold onto. Some of us say that "were just scraping by", while still holding on the cable, internet, satellite, cell phones and the like, in the times ahead, these things will have to be dropped off to survive.

In North America, we need this!! We need to know what it's like to be dependent upon our God. In our current state it's nothing to go to the store and grab a steak, we are a fat people in need of nothing. God is going to create a situation where we'll need Him 100%.

I agree with your second paragraph wholeheartedly. The West needs a shakeup and we need to learn to rely soley on God.

I read [u]The Vision[/u] by David Wilkerson about twelve years ago. But I didn't hold it to be a "vision" or "prophetic" (in the miraculous way he described) because he was simply reiterating what preachers from the thirties, and before, were saying America was headed. Like the secular goldbugs I noted earlier, it seemed to me that he was speculating on the future by analyzing near history, the current events of his time, and what the Bible had to say about the fall of empires in moral decay.

I seem to recall

1. that the events he predicted were imminent (ie, the "great recession" would occur in the 70's, but only a "small recession" did);

2. his timing was off by twenty (now thirty) years;

3. that he was just dead wrong on some issues.

Has anyone here read [u]The Vision[/u] recently? Can anyone tell me if he was wrong about timing or events?

It seems a lot of people on this board hold him in high esteem, and I'd really like to know.

2007/3/16 16:26

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy