Discussion Forum : General Topics : Comments on healing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
kerrylou

Australia

Comments on healing

Hi,

I've been listening and following so many discussions here and they have all been a blessing in one form or another. As a witness for Jesus Christ I just love sharing my thoughts but have hesitated thus far. You'll have to forgive me for my fascination with healing but it is the testimony of my salvation. I surrendered my life to Christ because he healed me. Due to this I have developed a certain attitude toward believning God for healing. This may not fit your theology but I thought I would begin to share these with you (one at a time, perhaps for brevity's sake) and, if you wish you may comment as you see fit. My hope is that it will help some to trust - simply trust.

Perhaps one of the earliest comments I made as I saw it in Scripture is, "One doesn't have to die sick simply because they are old."

The basis of my argument is Moses. The Bible says his eye was not dimmed and his strength had not failed.

Gwen, a dear old friend of mine who has gone to be with the Lord now was terminally ill and in dreadful pain. She had asked that the Lord would just take her home to be with him. (how can someone not be moved by another's grief?) She heard me say this and, somehow she fell in love with the statement. We watched her deteriate to the point she was unable to attend church anymore. One day my father - pastor of the church she attended - took comunion to her because we felt for the lack of felowship she was receiving. He prayed for her to be healed. Soon she was back in church and able to walk unaided. She moved north to a retirement village nearer her grand daughter where she was a great witness and an encouragement to many. Just before Christmas last year she wrote us that she had a heart attack but, we were not to worry about her, she was alright. January this year another heart attack took her into the Lord's presence. What a joy to see her die with confidence rather than an attitude of defeat!

Take this thought, mull over it; it may be just what you need.

May the God of all grace be your comfort,

Kerry

2007/3/12 14:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Comments on healing

Wonderful testimony! I am so glad the lady was healed. Now mind if I tell you one as well?

When our daughter was 24 years old she was diagnosed with glioblastoma. During that time, she was anointed with oil. Thirteen months later, she went to meet her maker. She had been anointed three times and many prayers were offered for her by many people. Many thought it would be tragic for this young wife and mother of two to die: she was needed.

But let me tell you what the LORD did: when she died, she did not have ANY pain; the only meds in her were the steroids she had taken to reduce swelling. No pain meds at all. Now if you ask people how frequently this happens, you will find the answer is "rarely". Most victims have a lot of pain. Did God answer our prayers? Yes: he said I am going to take her home to be with me and I am going to make sure she will have little pain during the time of her sickness. And God gave us an abundance of grace to deal with this loss.

After we laid the remains to rest the LORD helped me deal with a problem that was sure to come. He asked me a question: how will you deal with a story of someone who was supernaturally healed BUT your DD was not? I decided that God choses (I read Job) whosoever he will to heal. Some he will heal and others he will allow to die. Simple as that. Regina's mission on this planet was completed and for her to live beyond that would be counterproductive. To allow her to be ill before she died had its benefits: it gave her time to make restitution where needed; gave the family time to come to terms with her possible passing and in the process make lots of good memories and to say "Good-bye". We learned how to live: one day at a time and knew that if the LORD were to call her home, He will then give us the grace to handle it and He did.

Do you know what? I am glad she has run the race and is done. Brother, can you even begin to imagine how much that means to a mom? I miss her, but I also know she is freed from the trials of life...she is much better off being with the LORD then living here and have to fight the devil/evil. So when I hear of someone who was ready to die and they did, in my spirit I sense a joy. Dying is not the worst thing that can happen to a Christian! But do you know is the worst thing? To backslide and turn away from God, to become a prodigal. This is a whole lot worse. I would much rather have my children get cancer and die, being right with the LORD then apostasize and then fear for their soul! Been there - done that!

Now when I hear of someone who was supernaturally healed, I can say with a clear heart and mind: Well, Praise the LORD! I am glad for you.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

PS: (EDIT) Just thought I would share a different perspective from what you wrote..in no way do I want to diminish your pleasure of having seen an ill person healed.

2007/3/12 22:50Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Ginnyrose,

I first read your post about half an hour ago. By the time I was done my eyes were filled with tears. But not tears of sorrow, rather they were tears of joy. I can't help it. This happens every time my heart is moved toward an increased love for our precious Savior.

[color=000099] [u]Psalm 116:15[/u]

Precious in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His saints.
[/color]

Somehow it always feels like God has reached down and touched my heart with His whenever this happens. How joyous it is to know that He is glorified even in the death of his beloved children. How deep and fathomless is this grace of God. Hallelujah!

[color=000099][u]Psalm 150[/u]

Praise the Lord!

Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!

2 Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!

3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!

4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!

5 Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord![/color]

In HIS Love...now more than ever,

Doug

2007/3/13 0:06Profile
kerrylou

Australia

Re:

Hi Ginnyrose,

Thank you for your testimony. Perhaps a second comment that I hope gives you some peace concerning my faith. I have said, Hebrews 11 shows clearly that there are two sides to faith. Faith on the one hand receives deliverance but, on the other hand it lives in death. Some are freed by faith but others die in faith. Should I live by faith or die in faith it is still faith and neither one diminishes the other. We can easily accept both if we live as Job and leave our trust in God. Both in abounding and in need Jesus is still the victor.

I am sure you miss your daughter but it won't be forever. I hope you can take some comfort from this and know that I weep with you in those moments when the pain cuts deep. My mum had a sister with down syndrome. I never met her as she died before I was born but my mum never told me of her until I was 42 years old. I am sure you can feel her pain which was accentuated by the fact that she saw her father push that sister away because she was less than perfect. How sad! (My mum's kinda special to me)

Thank you for your testimony and I look forward to rejoicing with you when you are once more united.

Love Kerry

2007/3/13 4:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Doug and Kerry,

Thank you for your kind words...

Mind if I share another lesson I learned? Since I have so much empathy for parents who have a terminally ill child, my heart goes out to them in ways most cannot imagine. (You see, I have learned how to access the comfort of God: by submitting the situation to God. When you do this you are opening the door to God's comfort.)I have learned that most mothers have a deep anger about the situation. They have closed minds to any suggestion of how to handle terminal illness in their child: they want healing. Period. And nothing else matters much. People close to the parent are grieved when they see this anger demonstrated and wish so much they could help and most often the parent resents any measure of comfort offered: they would rather wallow in their anger, pity, then get help.

I have also learned the value of chaplains who serve in hospitals because the divorce rate is real high among families who have experienced terminal illness, and severe injuries incurred because of accidents. They need comfort and a chaplain is one who can render that comfort and assistance at the point of need. Just maybe God is calling someone on this forum to prepare himself/herself for this ministry? (I checked into this type of ministry, wanting to serve under a chaplain, but they only wanted ordained ministers and so I was disqualified!)

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/3/13 14:21Profile
maizie

Re:

I have seen people make healing/health an idol.
However, Romans 8:38,39 declares the truth of it.
Ginnyrose's ministry isn't limited by any man's rules. Where there is love, there is ministry.

2007/3/13 17:32Profile
BudTexas

Fort Worth, TX

Re:

Physical Healing is part of our salvation.

Sickness does not glorify God as sin does not glorify God as demonic oppresion does not glorify God. We are to glorify God in our mortal bodies.

It is always God's will for us to be well. It is always God's will for us to be free from demonic oppression as it is always His will for us to be free from sin.

Do we ever miss it in these areas? Yes we do.

Does God still love us? Yes He does.

Physical healing is a huge part of what Christ paid for. We misrepresent God when we even hint that God is not all that interested in peoples' physical needs.

Jesus spent much time and energy "healing all that came to Him". Never did He turn away someone who came for healing. Often He just healed without being asked. Never did he even imply that God did not want to heal.

He commands us to "heal the sick".

God is absolutely clear about what He wants. We are the ones with the problem.

God has not let us down. We have let Him down. He is so good, so full of loving kindness and has given us His power and authority to continue the life and ministry of Jesus on Earth.

I am glad that I am the problem and not God. I can change, He will not change. But then again, He does not need to change, does He.

2007/3/13 22:59Profile
kerrylou

Australia

Re:

BudTexas

Like you I have very strong beliefs concerning healing. I often say I refuse to believe that God does not heal everybody. I know experientially that many are not healed but I say that is our fault and not God's.

To explain to those who have suffered death of a loved one let me say, once I say that God does not heal everybody I conclude saying, God does not (will not) heal me. I cannot allow unbelief if I am to receive from God.

However, I think we can take a lesson from another posting which says, "people often make an idol out of healing". Christ was compassionate, not condemnatory and so we should be too. As I have stated, whether I am healed by my faith or I die in faith it is still faith. The Bible also teaches us that each will stand or fall to his own master. In the Church that is Jesus Christ. I strongly feel the pain of those who have suffered loss and, who knows? One day it might just be you or I who need such comfort.

I do believe it is God's will to heal, and to heal every time but, since God has not given me all the answers I must leave Him to answer those questions I cannot.

Once I had to counsel a lady on the verge of committing suicide. I prayed earnestly for the right words to say. Another was there also as a counsellor. As she told us of all the wrong things she had done the other said, "No wonder you're in this state." I felt a check in my spirit and asked if he would mind waiting on God for His answer. He left and I was left alone to counsel her. All I had were words of God's love - that is all that came to me. She, herself confirmed that this was God's words to her and she had already received them. It is hard to describe the transformation that took place in her. Remember, a soft answer turns away wrath.

When we minister healing let us do so with grace.

God bless,

Kerry.

2007/3/14 3:34Profile
mom23beagles

Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Re: Comments on healing

Quote:
God is absolutely clear about what He wants. We are the ones with the problem.

Ouch, that one hurt. My mom, who is one of the godliest, truest, most faithful Christians I have ever known, was stricken with polio at the age of 30. She is now 81. She was never healed of the affliction. Do I believe it's because she was in error somehow in her walk? Not a chance. IN FACT, she thanks God for not experiencing healing because, through it all, she learned to fully and totally depend on Him and His grace for practically everything in life. She says she would not know Him today as she does had she not been ill and paralyzed. When she couldn't get out of bed due to her paralysis she read the Bible and got to know God's Word through and through with the help of the Holy Spirit. And God manifests His grace and love to her every day - there is always a parking spot for her near the front of the store, people offer to help her when she is out shopping, just little things like that that she knows and believes to be sent from God to help her and to reward her for her faithfulness to Him.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on this issue.

Mia and Bailey, Dugan, Buddy & Agnes the beagles.

2007/3/14 12:10Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Thanks Mom! I find this notion that it is God's will to heal all to be utter rot. Does God still heal? Absolutely. But He is the sovereign One. He is the One Who chooses to heal or not. In all my life I know of no godlier people than those who have suffered through severe physical affliction while remaining faithful to God. Look at the apostle Paul! He prayed three times to be healed. Did he lack faith or the inability to grasp all that God intended for his life?

[color=000099]2 Corinthians 12:7-10 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me,[/color] [color=990033]"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."[/color][color=000099] Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.[/color]

Get back to the Word of God and you may learn something about His ways. This word of faith based doctrine is pure heresy.

In defense of the Truth,

Doug

2007/3/14 12:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy