SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Modest Swimwear

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

First of all that statement does not come from the letter and has it not occured to you that he is filled with lust. The question I ask is how he manages outside the church if he struggles so much inside the church. He should be more passonite crusading against his own sinful state.

Have YOU heard of drunkards that have come to Christ and in a moment getting total and absolute victory over drink. These declare that that they have never fallen again and also that the very desire for alcohol has been taken away.

Know that is the power of God giving Victory over sin.

Know looking at this mans life would you say that this man has the victory or is he trying in his own strength to be Godly trying his hardest not to sin. I ask is that right is this what Jesus died for so we can struggle over sin.

Is this what we are to accept as Christianity a religion that has no power to deliver us from Sin but then leaves us struggling in Sin and then we call it GODLY.

If you are a man struggling with Lust, then you should know this Jesus can set you free and deliver you so the very desire in you is removed and you will get to place that you will not fall again.

2008/10/6 15:07Profile

Re:

Just wanted to mention that the source of the letter was from www.purelifeministries.org
Steve Gallagher is the leader of this ministry and it's purpose is to help people come to freedom in Christ in these areas. And for the sake of context, the letter is a resource in the section for [url=http://www.purelifeministries.org/index.cfm?pageid=92]struggling women[/url].

2008/10/6 15:30
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
If you are a man struggling with Lust, then you should know this Jesus can set you free and deliver you so the very desire in you is removed and you will get to place that you will not fall again.

Have you reached this state? We will never get to the place where we [i]cannot[/i] fall again, no preacher of yet has attained (or obtained) this status, and we can begin with the Apostle Paul. He exhorted Timothy to [i]flee[/i] youthful lusts; but you would make it seem that the man who physically flees is a servant of sin. This is precisely the kind of ministry that destroys, that heaps heavy condemnation on men and women who struggle against indwelling sin and temptation by portraying them as sinners because they even have these feelings. Their lives can be an on-going practice of mortification and self-denial which is entirely scriptural - yet you maintain they are sinners.
Quote:
I ask is that right is this what Jesus died for so we can struggle over sin.

This is the flaw of your argument, we are not talking about sin; we are talking about temptation. It is scriptural and healthy to resist tempation - especially during seasons where lusts can flare up - and the Bible is laden with exhortation of such, but nowhere will you find the promise that we will attain a state where we [i]will[/i] not fall or fail God. I thank God for my many failings as a believer and the humility wrought through them.
Quote:
Is this what we are to accept as Christianity a religion that has no power to deliver us from Sin but then leaves us struggling in Sin and then we call it GODLY.

I repeat: you do not see the heart nor the history of God's dealings with this man. God many times will not deliver a person from lust so that He can teach him/her humility or some other virtue.

Question: can you explain the difference between temptation and sin and where/how the former becomes the latter?

Brother Paul

2008/10/6 15:43Profile
Watered

Re:

yea, lust is insanly difficult to battle, like its not funny how hard it is, i guess this is why God said to flee from it not battle it.

The question is how do you flee from it?

what do you do on a friday night, when your parents arent home, and the computer is on? and you are tempted?

That right there is by far the most hardest thing i have ever had to go through.

It is a very scary situation, because what do you do? i dont have a car at the moment my parents arent home, and while your tempted you try to do somthign else to get you mind of of it, but it is always on your mind. In those situation i guess you have to get out of the house and just bolt down the street until your exhasted, because those situation...man they are scary.

I am very sorry for writing this, if it was graphic or bad, or anything.

But i must say this is by far the hardest thing young men face, at least for me.

Thanks much

2008/10/6 16:55Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
what do you do on a friday night, when your parents arent home, and the computer is on? and you are tempted?

The first thing you need to do is not fall prey to legalistic teaching, as this will cause you more damage in the long run than actually giving into temptation for a season.

You ask about what to do on a Friday night when your parents aren't home and the temptation arises to go to internet sites you know you shouldn't be on. The answer to this (which is obvious) is to resist the temptation. You are right about it being very frightening. Sometimes the urge can come upon you like an armed man; all it can take is one passing image on television or a billboard or even a Christian magazine and suddenly a strong desire can wage war in your members. You need to understand that this is not sin; this is temptation.

You talk about what to do on a Friday night when this happens. My response is that if you had spent Friday [i]day[/i] looking to Jesus in fellowship and in the Word, and had you had your quiet time in the morning, that armed man would be kept at bay and his assault foiled before it even begins. Remember, when we walk in the Spirit we automatically mortify the flesh, and you'll find it won't even be a conscious effort on your part. If we are careful to look to Jesus (and keep looking) the Spirit will protect our minds and feed our inner men with divine manna which is able to repel these temptations so that we might not yield to them. [i]"Lead us not into temptation..."[/i]

The key, as in everything else, is looking to Jesus. He alone is our strength, our life, our victory. Brother, learn what it means to look to Jesus.

Brother Paul

2008/10/6 17:48Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Have you reached this state? We will never get to the place where we [i]cannot[/i] fall again, no preacher of yet has attained (or obtained) this status, and we can begin with the Apostle Paul. He exhorted Timothy to [i]flee[/i] youthful lusts; you tell us not to, in fact, you would make it seem that the man who physically flees is a servant of sin. This is precisely the kind of ministry that destroys, that heaps heavy condemnation on men and women who struggle against indwelling sin and temptation by making them appear as guilty that they even have these feelings. When the truth is, their lives are an on-going practice of mortification and self-denial which is entirely scriptural.

You are misunderstanding what I am saying didn't I mention lust and that is what they would never fall again into that lust. So the alcohlics I mentioned earlier are Liars when they say they have never fallen into drinking strong drink again and that the very desire has been completely removed from them.

Is there such a life well 1John5v4 tells us that every child of God overcomes the world.

Quote:
I ask is that right is this what Jesus died for so we can struggle over sin.

Quote:
This is the flaw of your argument, we are not talking about sin; we are talking about temptation. It is scriptural and healthy to resist tempation - especially during seasons where lusts can flare up - and the Bible is laden with exhortation of such, but nowhere will you find the promise that we will attain a state where we [i]will[/i] not fall or fail God. I thank God for my many failings as a believer and the humility wrought through them.

Paul there you go again I am talking about Lust and Lust is a sin (Matt5v28) not a temptation then you take sin and change it into failings. If your Lusts are flaring up then by the Matt5v28 you are sinning and seems you have sucumb to the temptation but God can help you. The following verses should help you undersatnd that Jesus came to set you free from Sin. You don't have to struggle with your Lusts anymore.

Look at the verse below Jesus will save his people from sin.

Matthew 1v21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Christ himself said be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect Matt5v48.

Matt 9v26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

1John 2v1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not

1John 3v9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

Romans 6v11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord

Romans 6v14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Is such a thing possible it's not a question of absolute sinlessness like Christ after all John says if we say we have no sin then we decieve ourselves but we can obtain victory over all known or voluntary sin.

2008/10/6 18:26Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
If your Lusts are flaring up then by the Matt5v28 you are sinning and seems you have sucumb to the temptation but God can help you.

No, the Word of God says that when lust [i]hath conceived[/i] it bringeth forth sin. Lust brings sin into our members, like a woman brings a child in the world. Tempation is not sin, even to be tempted by a beautiful woman. In order to be tempted, you must first be cognizant of the object of temptation. God doesn't take away our desires for the opposite sex; but He teaches us self-control and expects us to mortify the flesh by the Spirit. What is there to mortify if He delivers us altogeter from the desire? By the way, you still haven't answered my question about when temptation becomes sin :)

I think once we find this out it may help the discussion.

Paul

2008/10/6 18:32Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:

Watered wrote:
yea, lust is insanly difficult to battle, like its not funny how hard it is, i guess this is why God said to flee from it not battle it.

The question is how do you flee from it?

That right there is by far the most hardest thing i have ever had to go through.

It is a very scary situation, because what do you do? i dont have a car at the moment my parents arent home, and while your tempted you try to do somthign else to get you mind of of it, but it is always on your mind. In those situation i guess you have to get out of the house and just bolt down the street until your exhasted, because those situation...man they are scary.

I am very sorry for writing this, if it was graphic or bad, or anything.

But i must say this is by far the hardest thing young men face, at least for me.

Thanks much

Esp 6 v 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

What I like to do is when there are thoughts coming against me is to fight back in prayer and also rejecting the thoughts that are attacking me and confessing any scriptures that come to kind at the time.

That is how it's done spiritually.

Practically if it's possible have someone round to your house. Have something arranged so your not there alone on the Friday.

Remember what you resist gets weaker and what you yield to gets stronger. The more you resist the weaker the temptation will get. The more you yield the stronger it will get.

Hope that helps

2008/10/6 18:43Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:
If your Lusts are flaring up then by the Matt5v28 you are sinning and seems you have sucumb to the temptation but God can help you.

No, the Word of God says that when lust [i]hath conceived[/i] it bringeth forth sin. Lust brings sin into our members, like a woman brings a child in the world. Tempation is not sin, even to be tempted by a beautiful woman. In order to be tempted, you must first be cognizant of the object of temptation. God doesn't take away our desires for the opposite sex; but He teaches us self-control and expects us to mortify the flesh by the Spirit. What is there to mortify if He delivers us altogeter from the desire? By the way, you still haven't answered my question about when temptation becomes sin :)

I think once we find this out it may help the discussion.

Paul

Matt 5 v 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

2008/10/6 18:47Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Matt 5 v 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Yes, this is the lust that has conceived the sin of adultery. Temptation comes when we are drawn away of our own lusts, and when lust conceives it brings forth sin, and sin brings death. In other words, you can't be tempted if you haven't already lusted. [i]"Every man is tempted when he is drawn away [b]of his own lust[/b] and enticed..."[/i] (James 1:14)

Notice James doesn't say "every man sins" but that every man is tempted. Friend, I've rebutted all your points, but you still haven't answered my one question, and this is the third time I've asked, so here it is again, this time with a couple of add-ons - consider it interest:)

When does temptation become sin? And when does lust conceive sin, according to the abovementioned scripture, and how do you tie it into the original post to accuse this man of being a "servant of sin" having never met him or having intimate knowledge of God's dealings with his heart?

2008/10/6 19:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy