SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Musical ministries not offering their music for free, et cetera.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: Musical ministries not offering their music for free, et cetera.

Quote:

jordanamo wrote:

It makes me sort of sad though. Keith Green & Don Francisco, are all I can think of.

Jordan

Hey Jordan,

I think that 2nd Chapter of Acts also gave away their music. Don't quote me on that one, but I think they did after Keith Green talked to them.

Jordan

2007/3/5 12:58Profile
joyinjesus8

Outback Australia

Firstly I must thank Jordan and Richie for sharing those links. What a blessing. We have a very small assembly and none of us play instruments. We sing along with cds - and it's still a joyful noise unto the Lord!! So it will be nice to add to our collection.

It is a great shame that Christian artists today do not copy of those that have gone by. I didn't know of Don Francisco's generosity, but I love his scripture in song approach. So inspiring!!

We have a singer here that you may not have heard of. Colin Buchanan. He comes out bush every few years and does a free concert in the park. Everyone goes. It's good because most people here don't attend services and at least they get exposure to the Word.

Without wanting to turn the thread every-which-way, someone commented about assemblies not being able to afford to hire bands. I watch the Christian channel and to be quite honest it seems that most of the assemblies have their own bands. Lots of people on stage, lots of special effects and smoke, different types of costumes and lot of adoring fans. I guess not all of us have visited these places. It seems all concert and 15 minutes of preaching. That's fine if that is what people prefer.

Jesus needs no gimicks, He is the main attraction! Freely we have received - freely give.

2007/3/5 19:33Profile
kerrylou

Australia

This one's a toughie. There are authors who are preachers and songwriters who sign rights over to publishing companies because they have no financial means to self publish. Those songwriters of whom you speak who never get known are not necessarily lacking skill but have chosen not to sell the rights to others and (as in my case [though I'm not a great songwriter I just write songs and tell stories as a way of expressing my faith]) the reason is they want you to be able to use them freely. Because of this they do not have the publicity that others have. Partly, it seems to me you may have to be prepared to give the unknowns an ear. If you want to hear free Christian music just go to google or another search engine and type "free Christian music". You will find there are quite a few sites offering free music and I'm sure you will find something to taste.

I have often thought of putting my music on a webpage for free download but, I'm afraid I have no idea how to set up one and am unable to pay the ongoing costs of renting space from someone else. So, till God provides I must be content with what I have and am able. Mostly they are Scriptures in song and written in chorus style but I love singing them and am finding other ministries outside our church asking if they can use them. This surprised me but, of course I allowed it with one requirement - that my name is displayed on the song. This is to protect the Church from losing it's freedom due to piracy.

May God bless you with the joy of singing the same way he has blessed me,

Kerry

2007/3/9 4:42Profile
kerrylou

Australia

Re: Maybe its lack of faith, etc

Jim Peters of Moorebank, Sydney here in Australia came to our church to minister as an artist. He gave some free samples of his music but he was certainly more generous than that. He brought others with him and they did a phenominal amount of maintenence and blessed the church. Let us not forget that "the labourer is worthy of his hire" and it appears from Paul's testimony that even the Apostle Peter took the liberty of being provided for as he ministered the Gospel. Even though I give my music for free and have not love I am but a sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal.

"Beloved, let us love one another",

Kerry

2007/3/9 4:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
by repentcanada on 2007/3/5 2:32:54 I have been blessed by the music from ChristOurLife.ca, and it's all for free downloads

had to dig this thread out from about 6 pages back.... Brother, thank you, thank you.... so refreshing to hear these men, (who by the way sound like they are even around my age) to sing their hearts out to God for His glory...

thanks for the direction brother...
sam

2007/3/29 12:37
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I know most of you know this but for those that don't there is a music section on sermonindex.net that are all offered freely. You can download over 800 godly songs for free here:

[b]Godly Music [/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=168

2007/3/29 12:45Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

deleting, added to the wrong forum...

2007/3/29 17:17Profile
lovejt

Re:

Godly music is extremely important. We should be listening to them as well as the great sermons here together. They have blessed me greatly. Thanks Greg.

2007/3/31 20:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy