SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The truth about Paul!!!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
avessel

Kosovo

The truth about Paul!!!!!

I haven't been on this site for some time, and I am surprised that such a heated debate has erupted in what Bro. Paul has adressed. First of I would like to say that I perosnally know Paul and this is a brother who truly weeps when he is just talking about the sufferings that Jesus bare for the world.

Have you heard of the time he took the band members of his church, along with food to feed those at a housing project where he got the permission from the housing director to evangelize to the residents there. Would a deciever do that? I think not!

I have come to a place in my walk with the Lord, that before I point out the sins of others in their lives, I point out the sins that are in my own life. I know that Paul comes in a spirit of truth and NOT DECIET, I have seen and discerned this a LONG TIME AGO, when I first saw him and didn't even know him yet. He is someone who goes to the streets to fish for souls, while most of the church waits till Sunday to praise and worship the Lord and lift up holy hands.

Am I defending Paul? You better believe it, I know him and I know the work the Lord is doing through him. You know a person's fruit by seeing his walk, not reading his work. I'm upset because we tend to argue amognst each other instead of fighting through prayer and fasting against the real enemy, the power and principalities of this world. Well I hope I had shed light to those who don't know Paul personally and if not well I still love you and I pray not just for you but for myself that God would increase, MORE and MORE, as we decrease daily.
Julio

2007/2/27 9:59Profile

Re: The truth about Paul!!!!!

Amen.

2007/2/27 10:14

Re:

And for those who have been challenging Paul quite a bit lately... this is why I referred to him as a "sweet saint" the other day.

I've never met Paul, but I had that sense about him.

Krispy

2007/2/27 11:29
vico

Re: The truth about Paul!!!!!

thanks brother!

Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

We can learn from such a brother.

take heed when speaking against the saints of God.

2007/2/27 11:30Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Yesterday I called Paul out in the ATF thread. Let me just say that I do not take back any of what I said yesterday.

Paul was out of line... so far this week I've been accused of having no faith because I couldn't heal my grandmother who was dying (in the healing thread) and being an attendant of satan for listening to rock music (in the ATF thread).

My faith is between me and Jesus, I really don't need people telling me that I'm not saved because of my preference in music.

Paul was out of line... but let's look at this scripturally. When the APOSTLE Paul refused to take Mark with him and got in a tussle with Barnabus over it -it was Paul that was at fault... Mark had genuinely wanted to serve and had a change of heart, but Paul couldn't extend grace to him.

In the same way, Paul West is not above fault either -his heart is big, but in this situation it's too small.

Earlier in the ATF thread I said that we needed cross-cultural ministers... these are people that can discern what is of Satan, and what is simply the culture of man. In this case I don't think that Paul has full discernment when it comes to modern youth culture and is ready to condemn it all because he doesn't understand it.

Mateo Ricci became Chinese in order to win Chinese to Christ... he wore the cloths, spoke the language, studied confucian philosophy -he spent years preparing himself to bridge that gap, and when he did the Lord poured out his favor on it.

We need someone who's willing to find out what there is in urban youth culture that's worth embracing for the sake of spreading the Gospel, and what is genuinely evil -but to blanket a whole culture with condemnation because of our narrow mind and narrow heart is not how we're going to bridge that cultural divide and win them to Christ.

You can't tell a young african american that he has to stop being black to be a Christian -he's not going to, and can't give up some of the things we'd like him to, things which the bible never says that they must give up, but that we have decided are satanic by our own legalistic attitudes.

I have heard Paul say some very wise and very spiritual and scriptural things in the past, but on this he was wrong -way wrong.

2007/2/27 12:00Profile

Re:

Ian... no one is claiming that Paul is perfect. Paul and I have disagreed on things before. But I do believe that there was some disrespect shown toward him yesterday that was unwarrented. Not just from you.

Krispy

2007/2/27 12:09

Re:

And I am sure this thread is making Paul very uncomfortable. :-)

Perhaps we should stick to discussing issues, and not individuals who are our family here on SI.

If we're going to discuss our family on this board, lets just stick to patting each other on the back for the good that we see in one another, and not discuss their faults.

Love... [b]I Cor 13:7[/b] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Feeling very protective of my brother right now. If someone was writing about you, Ian, I would feel the same way for you.

I have 4 sons... and they beat the tarnation out of each other... but let someone else pick on one of them, they end up with 3 other brothers to tangle with. Thats how it is on this forum. :-)

Krispy

2007/2/27 12:13
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Perhaps we should stick to discussing issues, and not individuals who are our family here on SI.

Saints,

Brother Paul I hold in high esteem in the faith. He has been a breath of fresh air for me on these forums that at times are full of backbiting and controversy. Brother Krispy is very right with his estimation of this situation. We should not be focusing on other members but rather on Christ and God. It is clear in the community rules on the website that we are not to slander one another but rather edify and encourage.

[b]MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14144&forum=13&1

2007/2/27 12:27Profile
Psalm73

Arkansas

Re:

Does the Lord have to rebuke you all for the gospel of Paul and it's strengh? Which Peter said those unstable and ublearned men do pervert (the words of Paul).
Try Paul in Hebrew 5:7-9: Which in the days of his flesh (Jesus Christ), did offer up prayers and supplications, with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him fromm death, and was also heard because he had God in reverance. (1525 faithofgod.net version)
5:8- and though he were Godde's son, yet learned he obedience, by that which he suffered, 9 and was made perfect, and the cause of enternal health unto all them that obey him.

worship not idols or images along with staying away from fornication, if you leave off to preach this according to acts 15:20-29 or a whole other verses of Paul, Peter, john, Jude and John's Revalacion. I say if you leave off to preach against Idols, you're (congregation) are all Idolaters and are not cleansed in the blood of Jesus Christ.
I didn't not recieve it from man, but by revalation from God (Galations 1:10-12). Or Galations 1;10 ¶ Seek I now the faveour of men, or of God? Other go I about to please men? If I studied to please men, I were not the servant of Christ.
11 I certify you brethren, that the gospell which was preached of me, was not after the manner of men,
12 neither received I it of man, neither was I taught it: but received it by the revelation of Iesus Christ.
13 Ye have heard of my conversation in times past in the Jewes’ ways, how that beyond measure I persecuted the congregation of God, and spoiled it:
14 and prevailed in the jewes’ law, above many of my companions, which were of mine own nation, and was a much more fervently maintained the traditions of the elders.
15 But when it pleased God, which separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace,
16 for to declare his son by me, that I should preach him among the heathen: Immediately I commended not of the matter with flesh and blood,

2007/2/27 12:36Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Brothers,

I do not want this to be a thread talking about Paul West and his character, etc. It is a thread to encourage him and let him know that he is loved and not in the wrong, we are all allowed to have our opinions. I do agree with him fully of the sad contradiction the modern day church is to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We should be grieving over it! I know a Holy God is.

"If we are going to live in holiness we are going to be a lonely people." -Ravenhill

2007/2/27 12:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy