SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
Dan777

Re:

Diane:

What I was saying was that sometimes we go to God looking for mercy and grace, when we ourselves may owe the same to another, and refuse to show it.

Dan

2007/2/24 15:47Profile

oh Ben

brother Ben, I wrote to you this:

Quote:
The only thing that really matters is Jesus Christ and Him Crucified, everything else is white noise and religious palaber.

you wrote back:
Quote:
We are not dicussing Jesus Christ and Him crucified, if we were, I would stay on that topic.

Sir, in every topic, Jesus Christ and Him crucified, should be the Underlying Foundation, the Rock, everything else, I say again, is just white noise, religious palaber, arguing, division, dissent. I'm not talking about you, or pointing any fingers, God forbid.

If you feel that YOU, Ben Williams, can heal in the Holy Ghost, every person you lay hands on:

well than[b][size=medium]BLESS GOD!!!![/size][/b]

I mean that, no sarcasm, I praise the He Who is, Who was, and is to come! Glory!

But who can divine the Mind of God, who can divine His Will?

He said, "I will have mercy on who I will have mercy".......and as I said before sometimes, death is healing.

Discussion is great, controversy can be the sharpening of iron, but it can also be the wiles and tricksiness of the enemy to divide the Body.

why argue (not you), but why argue about "doctrine" and all the religious stuff?

religion kills, Jesus saves.

Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

much love in Him, neil

2007/2/24 17:43

Re: ps Ben

I just thought of this, and I don't know why, but after I submitted this post, I was praying in the Spirit and I wanted to communicate via this medium, the internet, in a spiritual language using spiritual words, Christcentric, almost like ...I don't know, writing in a prayer language, and i know that sounds "foolish", but it led me to think of a young man, by the name of Donald MacPhail, he lived in the Hebrides Islands of Scotland, during the revival there, 1949-53, where Duncan Campbell was led to, and this young boy, must of been 15 (he just went to be with the Lord recently) and this boy was so full of the Holy Ghost, that when he got up to prayer, it would drive men to their knees, in tears....one day, he started his prayer with one Word....."Father"....and just with that single Word, the Glory of the Lord fell upon the assembly and .........one Word......here, I'm going to link up a compilation the Lord gave me in regards to Young Donald MacPhail, I pray this will bring you joy and edify you:

[url=http://www.fireonthealtar.com/compilations/neil%20g/Young%20Donald%20MacPhail%20Prays%202.mp3]Young Donald MacPhail Prays[/url]

2007/2/24 17:52
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

Well everyone, despite numerous attempts to disuade me from my faith, I still believe the same thing.

I believe that there is no evidence in the life of Jesus that His will is anything other than to heal everyone. No one has been able to bring evidence to the contrary.

I am tired of subjective arguments that are not relegated by scripture. And I am also tired of all the accusations. I know in my heart, and through the scriptures that it is not God's will to have a weak, sickly church who is lacking severely in the area of true faith.

I will admit to one thing however, the first post I left on the times square church thread. Was left because I was frustrated at the church I see today. Perhaps I shouldn't have been frustrated, but I don't believe that what I said was incorrect.

[b]I think more than two thirds of our church today would rather have a signing ministry, than a healing ministry. The reason is simple, no accountability to man or God, no accusations, no responsibility to be holy, no requirement of faith, because anyone who is trained properly can do it. And it only takes a few weeks to learn. But healing takes faith, and not many people ever excercise theirs.[/b]

So I'm sorry that I got under everyone's skin on this topic.

[b]If anyone has anything left to say on this thread, I will only respond to it if it contains scripture. And if it does not address my challenge to prove by the life of Christ that His will was ever anything other than to heal everyone, then I don't think I will respond to it.[/b]

I have made this challenge for the fifth or sixth time now, and no one has offered any biblical evidence for their theory. Other than what I have said here, I am done with this thread, unless someone will address this issue.

I will no longer comment on subjective material for this thread, as that is pretty much the only thing that anyone has offered so far.

2007/2/26 10:42Profile

Re:

Ben...

Anytime we stick our fingers in our ears and yell "lalalalalala... lalala..." we wont be persuaded from our beliefs. Perhaps this is true for you?

By the way, I did provide scripture and you ignored it, or re-interpreted it to fit your argument.

Love ya anyway.

Krispy

2007/2/26 11:47
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I was reading a biography of Sadhu Sundar Singh this weekend and I noticed something... he got sick, a lot. He also experienced healing, a lot.

Sometimes he had to wait for the sickness to subside on it's own, sometimes it was healed, but it was always for the glory of God.

I really don't know how many saints' lives i have to bring to your attention, but I could continue to make a list to show that the vast majority of true believers have experienced sickness -it is not uncommon even with those of amazing faith!

2007/2/26 12:10Profile

Re: Healing

Hi Ben,

I haven't been following all your discussion in the three threads which are in progress on healing, but I want to encourage you that I do know what you're saying about Christ's willingness to heal, because of my own revelation from Him on this point.

However, I want to say two very clear things. One is that timing is everything. The people Jesus healed, for the most part, had gone looking for Him, and the same applied to the twelve and the seventy. There was to be no forcing of God's grace on anybody, and those rejecting it, were effectively excluding themselves from the benefits of trusting Him.

In the passing, I also believe healing is for non-Christians. This is the group of whom Jesus healed the most. The idea that one has to have made a [i]commitment[/i] to Christ for salvation, has crept into churches, but I don't find it in scripture.

The other thing I want to say is about faith. I was greatly moved by a sermon I heard once, on Mark 11:22, where Jesus tells the disciples 'Have faith in God'. The speaker re-interpreted this to read 'Hold the faithfulness of God'. This, I found immensely helpful for several years after, as I had a big problem trusting any of my own judgment - which meant that I was a sitting duck for the enemy, because I couldn't trust that my faith was trustworthy, either. I know this is a bit of a mental double-cross, (and there is a specific reason I was trapped in this mindset,) but I'm not any more, because the Lord used that sermon to save me out of it.

Therefore, I want to add this to your arsenal... that healing may not depend on either your faith, or the faith of the person seeking healing, but on His faith, and on your being at complete rest in your trust of His word to you. The thing for you, then, is to know you are praying in [i]His[/i] will and [i]His[/i] timing. Which is not to say that the faith He has been nurturing in you is unreliable, but simply that there is a fine dividing line between [i]depending[/i] on Him, and being edged over to feel as if you are personally responsible when a person is not healed.

Acts 9:40
[b]But Peter[/b] put them all forth, and [b]kneeled down, and prayed[/b]; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.

2007/2/26 12:13
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

Hey dorcas, I agree with almost everything you said, the only thing I have trouble with is that I do feel personally responsible when someone is not healed. Here's why:

I am a representative of Christ.

When I tell a person that God will heal them, and they are not healed, to me at least, I become very responsible. I have just told them something and then it didn't happen, most people call that lying.

I have heard all kinds of teaching on both sides of this, whether to feel responsible, or not. And I cannot help but feel responsible, I have tried to ignore it, but that feels like a lack of integrity to me.

So if I tell someone that Jesus said He would heal them, and then they don't get healed, I feel like to them it makes Christ a liar, and me a liar.

Any help on that one?

2007/2/26 12:30Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

Hey Krispy, just so you don't feel left out or forgotten:

Quote:
By the way, I did provide scripture and you ignored it, or re-interpreted it to fit your argument.

If I am not mistaken, the scripture you provided was the many vs. all thing right?

Well, nothing personal against you, just gonna state my opinion... I thought that that was a weak argument at best. Nowhere does it say that he didn't heal everyone, it only says he healed many. Here it is in context again.

[b][color=CC0000]Mark 1:32-3432And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.

33And all the city was gathered together at the door.

34And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.[/color][/b]

Your whole argument is based upon the assumption that His healing many means He did not heal all.

Here I will say this about it, do you have another scripture to offer to balance this assumption?

Because I have many to put on my side of the scale that would assume toward the opposite.

2007/2/26 12:42Profile

Re: Healing

Hi Ben,

Quote:
So if I tell someone that Jesus said He would heal them, and then they don't get healed, I feel like to them it makes Christ a liar, and me a liar.

Any help on that one?

I suppose my first question to you is to ascertain you are implying you have waited on the Lord for His word; He has given you His word that the person will be healed, but, by the time you have finished praying, there are no visible signs of it?

Is this the scenario you are describing?

2007/2/26 13:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy