SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

Hey Krispy, when did I ever name a theologian from which I drew any of my conclusions?

Next your whole post about Paul still comes out to be an opinion for either side of the argument and is not proveable on either side.

Therefore, as merely an opinion, it should not be a centerpiece for an argument.

2007/2/21 12:28Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

BenWilliams wrote:

many in greek is a whole lot more than you think.

Mar 1:34 And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.

many
polus / polos

Thayer Definition:

1) many, much, large

Part of Speech: adjective

how many more is that ?

Strongs
G4183
πολύς, πολλός
polus polos
pol-oos'
Including the forms from the alternate “pollos”; (singular) much (in any respect) or (plural) many; neuter (singular) as adverb largely; neuter (plural) as adverb or noun often, mostly, largely: - abundant, + altogether, common, + far (passed, spent), (+ be of a) great (age, deal, -ly, while), long, many, much, oft (-en [-times]), plenteous, sore, straitly. Compare G4118, G4119.

and as for the word all...

all

G3650
ὅλος
holos
Thayer Definition:
1) all, whole, completely

strongs
G3650
ὅλος
holos
hol'-os
A primary word; “whole” or “all”, that is, complete (in extent, amount, time or degree), especially (neuter) as noun or adverb: - all, altogether, every whit, + throughout, whole.

to me it still seems as they brought forward ALL, but he only healed many... he dident heal all....

2007/2/21 13:03Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Ben, I want to say this with frank sincerity, you are treading on unstable ground... you are accusing just about every other Christian who has ever lived of being unfaithful. You are very close to becoming a cultist!

[This is in reference to your comments here and in the Times Square Church thread.]

2007/2/21 13:22Profile

Re:

Listen you missed the point. Point is the word says God heals. I did not say anyone lacked faith or Paul why paul did not get healed matter of fact a lot of folks on this sight are quick Judge which amazes me. The point is that if God is God he can heal and if we are christains we are not to bash each others brains out. This is not health and wealth I am talking about like some preachers I believe that our focus should be God and we should totally seek him

2007/2/21 13:22

Re:

I totally agree with you on that there has to be a balance. I hate when someone says that you did not get something because of your lack of faith. and the dependancy on God thing is on point he is to be the focus of our life I love what Jesus said in mark 11:22 when he said have faith in God not faith in yourself or someone else but in God.

2007/2/21 13:29
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

Quote:
o me it still seems as they brought forward ALL, but he only healed many... he dident heal all....

It doesn't say that.

Since this is a semantics question, let me follow with some semantics.

It doesn't say they brought forth all.

It doesn't even say how many they brought forward.

Perhaps they brought so few forward that Jesus had to go into the crowd and pull them out just so that He could heal many.

Perhaps Jesus had to use the disciples help because He Himself could not pull enough of them out of the crowd so that He could heal many.

2007/2/21 13:30Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well Ben i love your seal, but we stand on different viewpoints on scripture... i believe God heals people today, but i also do believe God don't heal everyone... but i still have love for you :-) may God use you brother for his eternal glory

2007/2/21 13:40Profile

Re:

Ben... you've been cornered on this, and similar topics like it, before. What you are espousing on this site is WOF heresy.

As I said when I originally responded... consider these teachings marked. It's false doctrine.

It's a waste of time to debate this with you because you dont listen, and once you feel cornered you declare everyone wrong, and then you run.

Krispy

2007/2/21 13:41
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

BenWilliams wrote:
It doesn't say they brought forth all.

It doesn't even say how many they brought forward.

Mar 1:32 And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.

2007/2/21 13:47Profile
Standinawe

Ont, Canada

Re: Healing

This is all very interesting.

2007/2/21 15:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy