SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Counterfeit Revival?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Bought

Re:

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

First off I want to say that this is an incredibly awesome web site. I have corresponded with the editor a good deal in the past and we both have a tendency to trade resources on the sites we run. I truly love and embrace Greg as my brother.

While looking for a sermon, the subject of this thread caught my eye. Jeff seems to be kind of out on a limb on this one. And after I read his last message I just felt like I have to say this.

Two files that I produced are apparently pretty popular here. "The Revival Hymn" and the "Freedom CD". I just noticed both being listed on the front page of this site.

Well, for the Freedom CD I needed strong testimonies. People who were deeply convicted of sin and were now determined to live a Holy life. I could find bits and pieces in places but I hit the jackpot when I found the............... "Brownsville Baptism Videos". Yep. Every single testimony on the Freedom CD comes from Brownsville.

Hopefully it won't get a black mark now :) just playing

I will be totally honest. I visited Brownsville a few times over an eight year period and the last time things seemed to be getting a little fluffy. But other times I would have to be blind and deaf not to see the weeping, travail and deep repentence in the hearts of our family. Not sure what's going on there now...

Anyway, I really felt like I needed to say this. So, thanks for reading. I don't really get into message boards much so you probably won't here from me to often. But, thanks again for this resource. love you all!!!!!

2004/3/9 23:22Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Revival Hymn is awesome and has changed a lot of my friends who are ministers lives. God has used it to do some awesome things in my life. It is truly a powerful compilation.

God Bless and thank you for allowing God to use you,

-Robert

2004/3/10 8:08Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I am not sure what I meant by that, had my thoughts mixed up, may not have been completely awake, should have just stopped at:

thanks Mike
I may get this made up into a t-shirt!

2004/3/10 10:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

:-)
Well, now that you mention it, it could come in handy around the wife...

2004/3/10 10:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
First off I want to say that this is an incredibly awesome web site. I have corresponded with the editor a good deal in the past and we both have a tendency to trade resources on the sites we run. I truly love and embrace Greg as my brother.

Hi Chris, thank you for your kind words. I really do appreciate your correspondce with me it has been timely and an extreme blessing to my life. For those of you who don't know: Chris runs a non-profit organization called 'United4Truth' you can check out the website at: www.united4truth.com

I feel Chris and mines vision are quite similar in that we want the gospel to run freely and bless people. I do highly recommend you check out the [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1179&forum=35&13]Freedom CD[/url] that Chris compiled. Also the [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2903]Revival Hymn[/url] is soon becoming a classic and its remarkable that it was made by flesh and blood :-o it's definetely a message for our generation of Christianity!

Quote:
I will be totally honest. I visited Brownsville a few times over an eight year period and the last time things seemed to be getting a little fluffy. But other times I would have to be blind and deaf not to see the weeping, travail and deep repentence in the hearts of our family. Not sure what's going on there now...

Thanks for sharing your experiences brother. I am just grieved over the lack of the Word of God and premeince of Christ in many messaages given by people in the 'so-called' revival that Christianity is experiencing now. That doesn't mean that I don't think that God is working in Brownsville, etc.. but that does mean that I don't think its the best that God has for us. Look at the Charismatic movement as a whole in the last 40 years. its really a mess! and why is that? its because the foundation of the whole movement didn't securely stay on the Word of God and Christ. It may have started there and some of it is still there but overall there was a reliance on prophcies, gifts of the Spirit, inclinations, dreams, visions, etc.. which are all good in themselves but when given a place of promenece over Christ or the Word of God will proof fatal in the long run.

2004/3/12 23:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy