Discussion Forum : General Topics : Confessions Of A Hypocrite

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Brian,

The name Murdog was given to me by a resident at the group home where I work and has no particular meaning in reference to worldly living. I actually had thought about changing my user name on here but am not sure it is possible. I would change it to just Murray if I could. I realize the Murdog name may sound a bit silly, but it is actually not my biggest problem right now.LOL.

Murray

2007/2/16 7:25Profile

Re:

Hey Murray,

I understand that your name is not too important, which is why I only suggested that if it were something that was given to you by 'friends' you may want to consider changing it..nothing more, nothing less...

What I recommended was that you go to a quiet place and cry: not wimper, not pout, not well up, not sulk, but cry out to the Lord. Cry out until you have nothing to cry out about. Do it over your 'biggest problem', do it over your 'smallest problem', do it over your greatest pleasure, do it over your simplest pleasure, but most importantly cry out.

This is just advice, not doctorine, not theology, just advice based on experience. My fiancee and I have been doing this for three days now. She can hardly speak and my voice is not much better. We both are being totally submissive to God so that we are able to serve and stand before Him.

I have met a lot of people who believe that they left everything on the cross, but have not. Jesus must be the main focus of your life and if he is not, then you should not be worried about playing Christianity, because you are.

As I said, let it go. Let it all go. Not here, not to your wife, but to Jesus. Scream it out, shake it out, slam it out of your body. We are made pure by the blood of Jesus, nothing more, nothing less.

God Bless,
BrianMira

2007/2/16 8:16

Re:

Psalm 77
1I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.

2In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.

3I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.

4Thou holdest mine eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.

5I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.

6I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.

7Will the Lord cast off for ever? and will he be favourable no more?

8Is his mercy clean gone for ever? doth his promise fail for evermore?

9Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah.

10And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.

11I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.

12I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.

13Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

14Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people.

15Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.

16The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee; they were afraid: the depths also were troubled.

17The clouds poured out water: the skies sent out a sound: thine arrows also went abroad.

18The voice of thy thunder was in the heaven: the lightnings lightened the world: the earth trembled and shook.

19Thy way is in the sea, and thy path in the great waters, and thy footsteps are not known.

20Thou leddest thy people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

2007/2/16 9:05
pastorfrin

Re: Confessions Of A Hypocrite

Murray,
came acrossed this in morning devotionals, hope and pray it helps. We could all take this to heart.

Psalm 23:1
“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.… ” There is a certain confession necessary before a man can join in these words; we must feel that there is something in us which is akin to the sheep; we must acknowledge that in some measure we exactly resemble it, or else we cannot call God our shepherd.…
A sheep is one of the most unwise of creatures.… It knoweth how to go astray, but it knoweth not how to come home again. The sheep is foolish.… Have we ever been brought to feel that in matters of providence, as well as in things of grace, we are truly and entirely foolish?…
Do you, O my friends, feel persuaded that you are foolish? Have you been brought to confess the sheepishness of your nature?… If thou art thus brought to confess, “I am a silly sheep,” I hope thou wilt be able to say, “The Lord is my shepherd, I can not have any other, I want none other: he is enough for me.” (SOCS)
Charles H. Spurgeon, Sermons of Rev. C.H. Spurgeon

From one silly sheep to another,

pastorfrin

2007/2/16 10:15Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Brian and PastorFrin,

Thank you both for your posts. I appreciate the scriptures that you shared with me Brian. And Pastorfrin I am definitely a silly sheep. I just don't want to keep returning to my vomit. I know what I have to do.

Murray

2007/2/16 12:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy