SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Obama

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

To be honest with you... the more I get into the Word, and serving God... the less I give a rip about politics.

I think Christians who are all caught up in politics and working on campaigns, etc have lost focus. We're here to win lost souls to Jesus, not to vote in our favorite politician. We're not here to stop homosexual marriage. We're not even here to stop abortion. If we did our job and won hearts to Christ, all of that would fix itself.

But, since I am a citizen I will vote, but it will not be for anyone who is for the murder of unborn children. And this is bold, but I'll say it... [b]in my opinion[/b], anyone who votes for a candidate that actively supports and votes for legislation that provides for the murder of unborn children is an accessory to murder. Maybe not in the eyes of the law, but in God's eyes.

I could care less about some middle eastern country. If our own country doesnt quit spitting in God's face, nothing else will matter.

How does that happen? Christians forget about politics and start getting the gospel out.

There. I said it. Take it or leave it.

I dont know if anyone has noticed, but there is a new fire burning in the pit of my stomache. Y'all best get used to it. :-)

Krispy

2007/2/13 14:16

Re: Obama

Krispy said

Quote:
If we did our job and won hearts to Christ, all of that would fix itself.

It's a pleasure to agree with you, brother. :-)

2007/2/13 14:33
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Krispy

Quote:
How does that happen? Christians forget about politics and start getting the gospel out.

Amen brother!

TJ

2007/2/13 15:54Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

"But, since I am a citizen I will vote, but it will not be for anyone who is for the murder of unborn children. And this is bold, but I'll say it... [b]in my opinion[/b], anyone who votes for a candidate that actively supports and votes for legislation that provides for the murder of unborn children is an accessory to murder. Maybe not in the eyes of the law, but in God's eyes."

That leads to another question. Should Christians vote for someone who is pro-gay, even if they are republican and are more conservative then some of the other options. Should we vote for someone who is pro-whatever, when God calls what they're supporting an abomination?

Some may say it's a sin not to vote, but the Bible says to pray for those in authority over us so we can live quiet and peaceable lives. We shouldn't get all caught up in politics and get sidetracked from the real reason we're here.

Jordan

2007/2/13 15:58Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Let me try and repost this. I didn't want anyone to think Krispy said something he didn't.

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

But, since I am a citizen I will vote, but it will not be for anyone who is for the murder of unborn children. And this is bold, but I'll say it... [b]in my opinion[/b], anyone who votes for a candidate that actively supports and votes for legislation that provides for the murder of unborn children is an accessory to murder. Maybe not in the eyes of the law, but in God's eyes.

Krispy

That leads to another question. Should Christians vote for someone who is pro-gay, even if they are republican and are more conservative then some of the other options. Should we vote for someone who is pro-whatever, when God calls what they're supporting an abomination?

Some may say it's a sin not to vote, but the Bible says to pray for those in authority over us so we can live quiet and peaceable lives. We shouldn't get all caught up in politics and get sidetracked from the real reason we're here.

Jordan

2007/2/13 16:06Profile

Re:

Usually being pro-abortion goes hand in hand with pro-gay "rights" (as if they didnt have the same rights as everyone else in the country). So really, 99% of the time your question isnt relevant. I havent seen a politician yet who was pro-gay, but pro-life.

As for republican, democrat... the name means nothing anymore. Especially to me. Most of them are ungodly men, so what difference does it make?

Krispy

2007/2/13 16:23
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Well we do have two more anti-abortion judges on the supreme court because of persevering prayer and a republican president named George W.

I am an american and entitled to vote, I will prayerfully exercise that right.

Blessings my friends

2007/2/13 16:54Profile

Re:

Gold... I'm not against GWB. He is not a perfect president, but I personally think he's done ok. Better than I think some of the alternatives were.

But I get upset over the republican vs. democrat thing. Who cares? Can we just have some candidates that have some integrity? Pleeeez?

And let's face it... the republicans have used the Christians in this country to get elected. Newt has the gull to tell us he's all about family values, and he a Christian... all the while he's been divorced and remarried what... 3 times? Gimme a break.

Bill Clinton claims to be a Baptist in good standing? If he's a Baptist, I'm glad I'm a Christian!

It comes from both sides. Over the past year or so I've seen so much pandering to Christians from politicians that I really got bothered by it all and decided to pretty much turn off the news, and the talk radio, and just concentrate on what I can do to reach people for Jesus and please my God.

Krispy

2007/2/13 17:20
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Repub & Dems

Dear Krispy,

I am with you on all that. I too have shut off the news. I am so sick of it. Now when I am heading for SI I take a quick glance at the headlines on my start page, that's about all I can take.

This one thing I know. The only thing that is going to help our country (USA) is a return to God. If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land. We are just reaping what many generations of complacency has earned us. Oh how I long to see this turn around, however in my fellowship you can barely get two people to come together to pray. Too much life going on to see just how precarious it really is.

2007/2/13 23:17Profile
ilive4only1

Texas

Re: Repubs and Demo

The Power of Prayer

In the third place Daniel had learned complete confidence in God's ability to answer prayer. Nothing could deter him from waiting on God, for he knew the power of prayer. Daniel was well acquainted with power; he had lived at the seat of it for many years. As a lad, he had seen in his own land the amazing things that could be done by this world-power. Together with his fellow Jews he had been taken captive by the mighty emperor, the "head of gold" surmounting all the Gentile kingdoms; and now for a very long time he had had his place at the heart of that terrifying world authority. He knew all about the decrees of an absolute despot and about the "law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not" (vs. 8, 12). And when he had considered it all, [b]he was more than ever convinced that one man on his knees was more than a match for it all, that there is more power in the simple prayer of faith than in the greatest empire that this world can ever produce[/b]. He had learned his lesson. To him it was no mere theory, as, alas, it often is to us. He had proved it in the past and he was content to go on proving it. It was a special occasion, but he sought for no special remedy. He just went on praying "as he did aforetime".

T. Austin Sparks

2007/2/14 1:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy