SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Philologos

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: "My question would lean more to whether, since Jesus lives in me, does not His Faith, as in Godlike Faith, also live in me?

And if so, will not His Faith trump my poor faith as I lay gasping on the narrow path?"

I am not philologos, but we get the whole bucket of Grace, which is in Christ Jesus, including His Faith, for ours is dead trespasses and sin and can only be reckoned by God as in Abraham. The Faith Christ that we now live by is not only reckoned, but birthed in us. Birthed by water and the Spirit. The Living Water Christ gives and the Spirit of Himself and the answered prayer of Christ Himself and the Answer of the Father by the Holy Spirit in us, and on top of that the Abode of the Father with us.

Who is our Glory? Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Who is our new life and faith? Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in the faith the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

More of Him and His life and Faith in us.
Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Amen to our new Faith.

In the Faith Christ: Phillip

2007/4/21 0:36Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: PHILOLOGOS

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
Quote: "My question would lean more to whether, since Jesus lives in me, does not His Faith, as in Godlike Faith, also live in me?

And if so, will not His Faith trump my poor faith as I lay gasping on the narrow path?"

I am not philologos, but we get the whole bucket of Grace, which is in Christ Jesus, including His Faith, for ours is dead trespasses and sin and can only be reckoned by God as in Abraham. The Faith Christ that we now live by is not only reckoned, but birthed in us....Amen to our new Faith.

In the Faith Christ: Phillip

I'll take that as a yes, and rejoice that Christ in me will pick me up on the path and carry me when I cannot walk by myself any longer.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/22 5:12Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
I think it may be referring to the whole 'salvation' process and not specifically to 'faith' itself.

Interesting... Have never thought of that before. I guess this further solidifies my view, because if the "it" is the "whole 'slavation' process", the the "faith" and the "grace" whole be included in the "gift of God". Otherwise their would be something for man to "boast" of.

2007/4/22 11:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy