SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Egalitarian Theology

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re: moreofHim

One reason that women have been recognized as preachers and respected elders in the Quaker church is because of people like Mary Dyer. http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/2822/marydyer.html

She laid down her life and changed the world. (Her "work" is largely credited with being an underlying reason for the passage of the religious tolerance acts.) And her example is in line with the teachings of Christ.

How can this be faulted?

Jake

2004/3/9 16:26
Paulus

Celbridge Kildare Ireland

Re: women

Hi am enjoying watching this debate and have two comments.

1.. Before this thread I never thought is that a man or a woman. I just read and was blessed. Now I see that many of my favourites appear to be sisters. Amazing when you think how much we focus on gender.

2. I grew up in a churh where women were "submissive" we had many dress rules like no trousers as they were mens "apparell". Thank God we have been coming free from legalism over the past two years and it appears that the more submissive the men are becoming to Christ the less of an issue it is for he women to come into submissiviness, as they recoginze that the Holy Spirit is actually the one who is leading and that Jesus is being more of the head.

2004/3/9 17:35Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Thank you Paul.

After reading some comments from certain posters, many women (including me) would wonder why we should even be on this forum. For we all learn form each other as we post. We are edifying each other. brother and sister alike.

It takes humility for some men to say that they learned something from a women. This is sad.

My husband recently read my Surrender book by Nancy DeMoss. It has so changed his life. We are both grateful for her.

My husband even commented on this thread- "did you tell them how everything I've learned about faith- I learned from you?"

Our God works in His own ways.

Yes, there is a fine line between legalism and real holiness. Those who walk in the spirit are the ones who know where the balance is. Those who walk after Jesus Himself- and not man made rules or traditions- are the ones who can really understand what the Word really means.

Quote:
over the past two years and it appears that the more submissive the men are becoming to Christ the less of an issue it is for he women to come into submissiviness, as they recoginze that the Holy Spirit is actually the one who is leading and that Jesus is being more of the head.

This is so true. I think it has to do with who are they looking at. if men are looking at women to see if they are submitting- then their focus is wrong. If men are looking at Jesus- then things will fall into place most likely.

Same with women. If women are looking for the faults of men or 'that they are not leading, etc... then their focus is not on Jesus and they will not hear the Spirit when he is leading them to be submissive.

Satisfied in Him, Chanin

2004/3/9 18:14Profile
rookie

Re:

Chanin wrote:

After reading some comments from certain posters, many women (including me) would wonder why we should even be on this forum. For we all learn form each other as we post. We are edifying each other. brother and sister alike.

I appreciate your faith and read many of things you share.

Secondly, one of the best books that I have read thus far, is written by Gisela Yohannan, "Broken for a Purpose." It can be found on the Gospel for Asia website store. The price is $8.00. Along with Tozer and Murray this one is special to me. It gets you to "consider your own ways."

In Christ
Jeff

2004/3/10 11:30Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Jeff,

Thank you. By the way, in the former posts in this thread, I could tell you were trying to stick for us girls. I didn't want you to feel bad because I gave Ron the credit for really confirming things from the Word.

Are you still in HVAC? My husband owns an HVAC company. Well, it's really Electrical and Mechanical (Industrial). We're in the Cinci area as well as Loisville, Lexington, Tennesee and some in Indy.

If you ever have to move this way, let us know. :-)

Satisfied in Him, Chanin

2004/3/10 12:39Profile
rookie

Re:

Chanin wrote:

Are you still in HVAC? My husband owns an HVAC company. Well, it's really Electrical and Mechanical (Industrial). We're in the Cinci area as well as Loisville, Lexington, Tennesee and some in Indy.

Thankyou for your thoughtfulness. The Lord calls some to be the hands, the feet, the eyes of His Church. Brother Ron has been equiped to explain the Word. No doubt about that. He amazes me, when I take a step back and look at his skills in language. He is patient and longsuffering, and willing to go another mile.

As for me, I know the Lord has called me to pastor a church. I may end up in the coal regions of Pennsylvania. A rough preacher for a rough crowd.

About five years ago, three years into my walking with the Lord I was frustrated with "church." So I asked the Lord to show me how He saves me. And we know He is faithful. So day by day I learn a little bit more how He is saving me. This has been my life for the last 5 years. He is teaching me to be a fisher of men. Thankyou for your patience.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/3/10 15:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy