SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Myles Munroe

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:
I think it's also really funny how a lot of gnostics feel the same way. I mean it's not about Jesus...it's about His kingdom and the knowledge of His message. Satan is the only one who wants the church to get away from Jesus centered messages.

A genuinely Jesus-centered message goes hand in hand with a Kingdom-centered message :-

[color=0000CC]
Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mat 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
[/color]

Satan will distract people into "building the kingdom" in their own strength, without Jesus, and without repentance; but he will also distract them with a "It's all about Jesus" message where people hype themselves up in their own strength, without Jesus and without repentance ...

[color=0000CC]
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[/color]

The problem is once we have seen abuse or gross distortion on an aspect of scripture, we often tend to throw the whole thing away without finding out what did God really means.

I once heard that fighter planes drop loads of shrapnel as decoys for missiles aimed at them. Whether this is true or not, I think Satan often does the same around the areas of scripture that strengthen and edify Christians, especially those where spiritual power is concerned. Because of the "confusion" around these topics many Christians give up on them completely.

Satan's nightmare is a Christian that is fully equipped, operating in God given power, and totally devoted to Christ and his Kingdom.

PassingThru

2007/2/27 10:27Profile
genesisman

Re:

It is interesting that I was looking for information on Myles Munroe and was googled to this site and practically the first statement I read is this:

Quote:
He's a false teacher and if he is not all the teachings I have ever heard come out of his mouth in the name of Jesus and under the influence of the "Spirit" has been false.

Personally I think it is a tremendously dangerous statement to make. I have been a Christian since 1970 and I first heard Dr. Munroe teach in 1990. I was going through a very tough time and his teachings on purpose and potential were very influential in deepening my faith. I have read his books Understanding Your Potential, Releasing Your Potential, and Maximizing your potential and I have listened to all of his messages on these three subjects. I find them to be very Christ centered and I believe inspired by the Holy Spirit. You can find audios of his sermons on these topics @ http://genesisproject.biz/documents/42.html if you want to give it another try and see if you don't find something that you believe isn't there like preaching the truth of the Word. There are a lot of questionable preachers "out there", but Myles Munroe isn't one of them.

2007/3/4 23:01Profile
kronny

Re: Myles Munroe

WOW! Am I in a court room or what? How can the imperfect point out anothers imperfections.

Proverbs 18:2
A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.

Bottom line, he preaches Jesus as the son of God and Savior, the way into the Kingdom of God. Also everything I heard him preach was backed up well with scripture. It looks like we have many aspiring teachers crying "false witness" about a fellow child of God. But who are we to point out his theological understanding about the Kingdom with our own. Scripture wasn't given to us as weapons of judgement to use against each other but for the Holy Spirit to convict us.

James4:11 Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

I think that Mr. Munroe is doing a great job and is Doing the Great Commission by harvesting souls for Jesus and the Kingdom. As for the aspiring teachers out there be careful with what you preach because your words can be the ones that turn someone away from God.

James3:1
Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Lastly, God still does what he says so lets not worry about doing it for him. Do you really think that He needs your help?

2007/3/31 5:44Profile
psalm1

Re: healing

crsschk,I suppose I need to ask you,is there any such thing as healing. And is it Gods will to heal.If yes or no how do we know if not from the word? Have you personally ever seen a person healed [miaculously?].....trying to figure why you said what you said Thanks,David

2007/3/31 17:49Profile
psalm1

Re:

Provost, Why dont we rename this thread "SLICE,DICE AND HACK ANYONE THAT OPERATES IN THE GIFTS" In your zeal to police the entire body of christ you have trashed a grand old man of God Kenneth Hagin.You couldnt even sit up to the same table as Hagin.You also trash the Brownsville revival.What you have done is the equivalant of attacking all baptist and then saying "lets go ahead and throw Billy Graham in there too,just for good measure!"
Now let me guess ummmm a real man of God would be.....Hank Hannagraff. I dont think we will get far in our walks with God playing Holy Ghost police......David

2007/3/31 19:31Profile
kronny

Re:

Finger pointing never helps anything or anyone for we are all the likeness of God. Equal, so how can we place fault. Just saying that lets stick to the Law and not blame others for mishaps that obviously effected you. When we ask God for forgiveness is he not faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and CLEANSE us from all unrighteousness. The past can haunt people for their whole life, so let it go and treat everybody as the righteousness of God. It seems like there is a pedestal which you have placed men on, by try to bash other men down. If you asked those men about the great things they've done, would they not say that it wasn't them but the Holy Spirit working through them. It's called Humility or Humble. Also how can I not be worthy to sit at any man's table when I can at Jesus'. Let's seek and find true Salvation please because no man should be lifted on high. We receive exactly as much forgiveness we give. The world is in chaos due to placing fault from protesting everything in the U.S., to Sunni's and Shiites to the inspiration of a whole people's destruction. It's so powerful that you took the authority of appointing me a title, only our King has the glory for that. Wow.

2007/4/1 1:51Profile
dohzman

In Defense of Myles Munroe

Myles Munroe is a motivational speaker to many cross sections of world government and buisness. As to his man centered gospel??? I have heard him minister some pretty convicting stuff. We seem to live in a time where we tend to judge based on "a" book or "a" statement we may have picked up on from the individual we'er judgeing. It's kinda like judgeing a meal after the first course is served. Now I know some who post comments will justify not reading or listen or learning where this Brothers heart is, but you certainly shouldn't cast negative judgements on him and you stand in hell fire judgement by calling him a false prophet and that without complete knowledge. I think there are times when a public apology might be inorder. That said, I have seen the word of knowledge operate in and through this man with pin point accuracy about situations he wasnot privy to.

2007/4/1 3:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:Healing

Quote:
crsschk,I suppose I need to ask you,is there any such thing as healing. And is it Gods will to heal.If yes or no how do we know if not from the word? Have you personally ever seen a person healed [miaculously?].....trying to figure why you said what you said Thanks,David

[i]By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them. By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned. By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days. By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again:

and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.[/i] Heb 11:24-40

Not a direct answer to your question but to point out [i]prerogative[/i]. The key word here is '[i]others[/i]'. Who determines sovereignty? Whose prerogative was it that Job suffer all that he did without a hint of why it came to pass?

[i]2Ti 4:20 Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick. [/i]

[i]1Ti 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.[/i]

And ...

Act 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

And many more just like them. To answer your question, have I 'seen' anyone healed 'miracuolusly' ... depends. Of a 'rise up and walk' variety, no. It is without a doubt miraculous that I now sit here typing before you and that the too close calls with death where forestalled. Would find it a great answer to prayer that the surgeons who operated 2 cancerous brain tumors a year and a half apart from my mother, not leaving her a vegetable but with all her reasoning faculties well intact and that after being quite incoherent because of the inflammation of her brain ... Miraculous? I won't gander one way or the other and that may be the whole point I am attempting to get across with this, simultaneously answering some of the other objections here.

Word of Faith theology is more than a blight on Christianity. It is devastating multitudes by luring the sheep into aberrant teachings, promises that are wretched out of their context and refuses to submit their notions to the true test of scripture, the very [i]whole[/i] of it.

Will interject that I am not all that familiar with Mr. Munroe but interjected earlier comments in response to statements made so don't derive assumptions from that. What I do recall is some appealing to him from those that are of the WOF ilk. That is neither here nor there.

Also to interject, there is no need for a reverse slandering of those whose concerns are forwarded here.

This is the perfect vehicle to again allow for some somber thinking about how we can parse scripture to subtexts and try and make them stand alone, on their own two feet. If we start with a pretext or a presumption such as;

Quote:
is it Gods will to heal

We can be asking the wrong question, even, if we are not careful bringing a dangerous accusation ...

[i]Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.[/i] Mat 4:5-7

In fact this is exactly what a lot of these presumptions amount to. Otherwise what are we to do with;

1Th 3:4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

Php 1:29 For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,

2Co 1:6 If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer.

1Pe 2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

What I am trying to point out is this goes beyond healing and unto presumption of Whose Will it is we are trying to conform to our adaptations. To believe God for what He Has said is not to therefore attribute Him to bow to our wishes and desires, capitulate to make Him hold to our preconceptions by parsing His Word however we choose to wield it.

WOF theology finds itself in a pickle, backed into a corner that it cannot get out of if it is to take the whole of Gods Word into account. Worse it attributes failure on the part of the subject either directly or by inference to a lack of faith or belief because the directives of the creature are not met having stood upon a verse as [i]ipso facto[/i]. The great trouble is to insert an "always" into the mix. If I line up under "A" than naturally "B" is to follow. We end up making God our servant dictating to Him rather than the other way around.

Even some of the patriarchs of these notions have had to go undercover to get their 'healing' elsewhere, at the hands of a skilled physician despite their long tenured philosophy and teaching otherwise. Disease and poor health will afflict both the saved and the unsaved in great numbers despite what they might teach otherwise. Death will come to all it is the unmoveable attrbute dictated by the fall of mankind and the payment rendered. It was the end of the disease that recently took my mothers life despite the prayers otherwise.

The evidence supports that God will heal who He chooses to heal, when He wills to do so not at the beck and call of the creature. And that certainly does not take away the obligation of prayer for healing, nor the desire that those we love even our own well being be offered up, it is to take away the dastardly presumption from all aspects of the creature.

Spent a great deal of time holding to this line of thinking in years past, early, susceptible years and have lived with the fallout, still do in those that I love and have seen ruined by false hopes and wrenched promises never come to fruition. Financially they will continue to lead the sheep to the slaughter with promises of prosperity when it is their own bellies they are feeding, not to mention that it denigrates the noble name of the Lord Jesus who suffered and died for our sakes turning [i]gain into godliness[/i]

[i]Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a town, stay there a year, conduct business, and make money." You do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead you should say, "If the Lord wants us to, we will live-and do this or that." But you boast about your proud intentions. All such boasting is evil.[/i] Jas 4:13-16 (ISV)

[i]Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.[/i] 1Ti 6:5

2007/4/1 9:49Profile
Joeza

Re:

I have read most of Myles's books (i.e the purpose of prayer, power of vision) from what I have read i think this man really rightly divide the word of God. I believe religion has a way of putting a veil in our mind.I think when you read one of his books put a bible next to you and refer.The message of the kingdom is powerful, is what Jesus preached throughout his ministry and is what Myles is teaching.

2008/1/9 3:31Profile
zo

Re: Myles Munroe

Where is the love. If he is false, God will deal with it. "Vengence is mine saith the Lord." All who preach will be judged on whether they rightly divided the Word of Truth. Our business is working out our own salvation with fear and trembling. And studying for our ourselves whether or not what he or any other preacher/teacher says is Truth according to the Word of God. So brothers and sisters, let us put off this foolish talk and do what it is that God is calling us to do in our personal lives to reach the world for Him.

P.S. I attend Bahamas Faith Ministries International

2008/12/21 10:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy